Ed Dolan - the Great and Good Troll!

Old November 6th 07, 12:48 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default Ed Dolan - the Great and Good Troll!

Top posted because that's where it belongs! Alleged stalking is not
an affirmation of Ed Dolan's "Greatness", as he avows, but rather a
reaction to Ed Doloan's "GRATEness".

I presume that Ed Dolan counts himself among the 90 percentile since
he has made many posts that are categorically vulgar and/or
disgusting.

As concerns Ed Dolan's inane, absurd assertion that he is a good
troll, it should be noted that there is nothing either explicit or
implicit in the definition of a troll that can possibly be
misconstrued as good. GOOD TROLL is an oxymoron. Furthermore, The
American Psychiatric Association considers the internet troll to be a
form of mental illness ... a personality disorder. Just what's so
good about that?

Trolls are often socially disenfranchised, devoid of interpersonal
interaction skills. They generally have no substantive connection to
the cyber-community they troll and view the internet as a convenient,
delocalized communication conduit for their bizarre anti-social
behavior. The internet is their cyber-playpen ... a mirror into which
they can gaze in narcissistic rapture. A troll delights in upsetting
people and creating discord. Trolls post inflammatory, rude,
offensive, repetitious messages deliberately crafted to annoy,
antagonize and infuriate or to disrupt the flow of discussion. Trolls
post attention-seeking, provocative messages hoping to bait and entice
other users into angry and/or fruitless responses. Trolls are
impervious to criticism.

If the above sounds like a portrait of Ed Dolan, it very well should.
With each and every post, the obnoxious, geriatric juvenile ... HEAD
SWOLLEN, Ed Dolan replenishes his identity as ARBR's quintessential
TROLL!

Jim McNamara

On Nov 5, 6:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I would say that 90% of all trolls to be found on Usenet are vulgar and
disgusting, if not downright criminal (Ed Gin comes immediately to mind).
However, there exists one mighty exception to the above rule - and that is
Ed Dolan, the Great and Good Troll!

What Ed Dolan does on these freaking-cycling-newsgroups (all one word) is
beyond what can be expressed without becoming maudlin. He will shut up when
you are being sensible and reasonable (a rarity on these groups) and he will
only sally forth like a great and good troll when you are being stupid and
irascible (which is most of the time).

Let's face it, most of you have not been called blockheads since you were
teenagers and part of a cohesive social group who knew you for the jackasses
that you are. But I am here to do pricisely that - and for free too! It is
a mark of My Greatness that I do not expect any thanks for my contributions.
I consider it part of my noblesse oblige as a superior human being that I
bestow this honorarium freely on my inferiors. Yea, it is a thankless task,
but if I don't do it, who will?

These newsgroups are greatly enriched by my presence if I do say so myself.
Even Jim McNamara, an insignificant weasel, acknowledges my Greatness by
constantly stalking me. Yea, I am like a mighty whale with lots of little
fishes following in my wake.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 6th 07, 03:48 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:48:02 -0800, JimmyMac
wrote:

[...]

Taking Ed seriously like you have done is PROOF of your utter
denseness. Ed is pure magic! Comment is superfluous, and only serves
to prove that you didn't comprehend.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old November 6th 07, 07:45 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

wrote:

[...]

Opinion stated as fact. To be perfectly serious for the moment, I
don't actually take you or Ed Dolan seriously, so how is it that any
response to Ed Dolan could serve as indisputable factual evidence
(proof) that I'm dense? Your conclusion does not strictly follow from
the premise ... a logical fallacy known as non sequitor. Oops, did I
just sound as though I took you seriously?. You figure it out. - Jim

Old November 7th 07, 02:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 6, 3:35 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

ups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Top posted because that's where it belongs! Alleged stalking is not
an affirmation of Ed Dolan's "Greatness", as he avows, but rather a
reaction to Ed Doloan's "GRATEness".

I presume that Ed Dolan counts himself among the 90 percentile since
he has made many posts that are categorically vulgar and/or
disgusting.

Nonsense! I am strictly tit for tat all the way.

As concerns Ed Dolan's inane, absurd assertion that he is a good
troll, it should be noted that there is nothing either explicit or
implicit in the definition of a troll that can possibly be
misconstrued as good. GOOD TROLL is an oxymoron. Furthermore, The
American Psychiatric Association considers the internet troll to be a
form of mental illness ... a personality disorder. Just what's so
good about that?

Ed Gin was a bad troll, in fact, a criminal vandal troll. He took down the
newsgroup more or less permanently. Ed Dolan is a good troll. He saved us
from ourselves, except for stalkers like Jim McNamara who are almost as bad
as criminal vandal trolls like Ed Gin.

I have already told you that the APA does not know their asses from a hole
in the ground. Apparently I have to say everything twice in order for it to
penetrate your thick skull.

Trolls are often socially disenfranchised, devoid of interpersonal
interaction skills. They generally have no substantive connection to
the cyber-community they troll and view the internet as a convenient,
delocalized communication conduit for their bizarre anti-social
behavior. The internet is their cyber-playpen ... a mirror into which
they can gaze in narcissistic rapture. A troll delights in upsetting
people and creating discord. Trolls post inflammatory, rude,
offensive, repetitious messages deliberately crafted to annoy,
antagonize and infuriate or to disrupt the flow of discussion. Trolls
post attention-seeking, provocative messages hoping to bait and entice
other users into angry and/or fruitless responses. Trolls are
impervious to criticism.

All of the above defines the GOOD troll. Now figure out how Ed Gin was
different why don't you?

Thanks for the frank admission and clarification of your intention.
You said it best yourself ... "I am an equal opportunity annoyer ... I
am merely a gadfly buzzing about this group ever striving to create
some mayhem. I am superfluous. Think of me as the buffoon of ARBR and
you will not be far wrong." Maybe Mike V. is right and no one should
take you at all seriously.

If the above sounds like a portrait of Ed Dolan, it very well should.
With each and every post, the obnoxious, geriatric juvenile ... HEAD
SWOLLEN, Ed Dolan replenishes his identity as ARBR's quintessential
TROLL!

Many are called, but few are chosen to be GREAT trolls like Ed Dolan! That
is why he is known far and wide as Ed Dolan the Great whereas Mr. McNamara
is known far and wide as Jim the Stalker. I leave it to the readers of these
honorable cycling newsgroups as to whom is the greater menace.

The difference is that I am a menace to you and you are a menace to
the entire readership. You are are an indiscriminate pain in the ass
to everyone. I guess it's just a matter of focus that makes you great
in your own mind, yours being more vast than mine.

Old November 7th 07, 04:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

[...]

Yes. Ed is to be appreciated like a fine painting or a good wine.
Comments are superfluous. ESPECIALLY yours.

Old November 8th 07, 12:07 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 7, 12:03 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Nov 5, 9:48 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

[...]
Taking Ed seriously like you have done is PROOF of your utter
denseness. Ed is pure magic! Comment is superfluous, and only serves
to prove that you didn't comprehend.

Opinion stated as fact. To be perfectly serious for the moment, I
don't actually take you or Ed Dolan seriously, so how is it that any
response to Ed Dolan could serve as indisputable factual evidence
(proof) that I'm dense? Your conclusion does not strictly follow from
the premise ... a logical fallacy known as non sequitor. Oops, did I
just sound as though I took you seriously?. You figure it out. - Jim
McNamara

Poor Jim does not realize that the very worst sin on Usenet is to be a bore.
But I suspect he is like this in real life too.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. He who lives in glass
house should not throw stones.

I have discovered one thing in my life about bores, and that is that they
never realize just how boring they are.

And you still have yet to discover that about yourself.

They clearly lack the ability to see themselves as others see them.

Don't be so hard on yourself,

I am sure that some asshole in the American Psychiatric Association could
explain this phenomenon to Poor Jim.

"Name calling is just so infantile that I hate to do it even in
retaliation." Ed DOlan violatin the very precept that he extolled in
the past.

An unmoderated newsgroup is hopeless. It means that any jackass in the world
can post any nonsense that comes into his head.

And none do it better that the GRATE one. Again in your own
words ..." I believe I can state with absolute assurance that I am the
Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet
has ever known in its' long and dishonored history. For Christ's
sakes, I prove it every time I post. Can't any of you poor *******s
read?"

It reminds me of the days
when I used to go to Vermont town hall meetings where only the most tiresome
people in the world ever had anything to say. My God, they would go on and
on like refugees from an insane asylum. I decided then and there that pure
democracy was for the birds.

Old November 8th 07, 12:53 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

wrote:

[...]

What I have figured out is that your analogy limps badly. You two are
birds of a feather and an admiration society comprised of only two
members. If you need any help with that by all means ... just
inquire.

Old November 8th 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 6, 11:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Nov 6, 3:35 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]
[...]

I am here merely to amuse and entertain. Very curious to me that you can't
pick up on it! However, there is seriousness mixed in with the buffoonery,
but it takes someone with brains to know the difference.

What utter nonsense. The computer and the Internet are merely tools
that fill your social void. By your own admission, you live socially
detached in reclusive solitude, devoid of real-life interpersonal
relationships. Absorbed in your own wayward drama, Internet forums
have become your cyberspace playpen and serve as ersatz social
interaction that only momentarily disrupts your otherwise self-
sequestered isolation. The reason you are is rooted in your
unharnessed ego. You aren't for the readership. You are her only for
you own nefarious purposes.

[...]

Nope, you are the greater menace by far because you are so tiresome. The
fact is that I barely read what you have to say anymore.

You really know how to hurt a guy ;^)

That is ever the danger of bores. I would not bother with even an original post of yours,
provided you were capable of it.

In your own words ... "Jim, I am saving your post to My Documents. It
is a masterpiece! I admire your style enormously. I am taking notes
and hope someday to be able to emulate you." You do have so much
difficulty making up you mind don't you? I recall an original post
that I made for which you remarked the neither you nor Tom Sherman
could possible author. I could certainly dig that up for you if you'd
like.

Old November 8th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 6, 10:57 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

[...]
Taking Ed seriously like you have done is PROOF of your utter
denseness. Ed is pure magic! Comment is superfluous, and only serves
to prove that you didn't comprehend.

[...]
Yes. Ed is to be appreciated like a fine painting or a good wine.
Comments are superfluous. ESPECIALLY yours.

You figure it out. - Jim

What I have figured out is that your analogy limps badly. You two are
birds of a feather and an admiration society comprised of only two
members. If you need any help with that by all means ... just
inquire.

Well, great minds think alike, at least as far as form is concerned if not
always substance.

I suspect Mike is more of an optimist than I am and may even be a liberal,
but that does not matter. He knows how to read and so do I. That is all that
matters.

Jim writes OK, but he does not know how to read. It takes a life time
emerged in books to know how to read. Jim is constantly stumbling over the
trees and missing the forest. He is missing what is essential for what is
trivial.

Old November 8th 07, 03:53 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

What social void are you blathering about? I LIKE to be alone. Unlike you, I
can stand my own company.

"I am here merely to amuse and entertain." - Ed Dolan
[...]

That is ever the danger of bores. I would not bother with even an
original post of yours,
provided you were capable of it.

In your own words ... "Jim, I am saving your post to My Documents. It
is a masterpiece! I admire your style enormously. I am taking notes
and hope someday to be able to emulate you." You do have so much
difficulty making up you mind don't you? I recall an original post
that I made for which you remarked the neither you nor Tom Sherman
could possible author. I could certainly dig that up for you if you'd
like.

That was said before I realized there was no substance to you. Style does
count for something, but sooner or later you have to provide some substance.
That you have never done except on a few rare occasions. But you should try
it sometime, you might like it. Stalking me will never accomplish anything
other than to make you look like an even greater fool than you are.