Cyclist takes out cyclist at trial 'safety' traffic lights

Old October 5th 13, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist takes out cyclist at trial 'safety' traffic lights

A cyclist is today fighting for their life and another has serious
injuries after they crashed into each other on a key Cambridge junction.

The collision happened last night at Britain’s first traffic lights
which allow cyclists to move off before motorists

RLJ? or just riding carelessly? How can a cyclist plough into another
at such a rate that they are both hospitalised? One or both must have
been travelling too fast for the conditions, and at least one must have
broken the traffic light orders.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Camb...1005102516.htm
Old October 6th 13, 02:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

A cyclist is today fighting for their life and another has serious
injuries after they crashed into each other on a key Cambridge junction.

The collision happened last night at Britain’s first traffic lights
which allow cyclists to move off before motorists

RLJ? or just riding carelessly? How can a cyclist plough into another
at such a rate that they are both hospitalised? One or both must have
been travelling too fast for the conditions, and at least one must have
broken the traffic light orders.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Camb...1005102516.htm

One can only hope that prosecutions follow swiftly.

Old October 7th 13, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 05/10/2013 22:17, Mrcheerful wrote:
A cyclist is today fighting for their life and another has serious
injuries after they crashed into each other on a key Cambridge junction.

The collision happened last night at Britain’s first traffic lights
which allow cyclists to move off before motorists

RLJ? or just riding carelessly? How can a cyclist plough into another
at such a rate that they are both hospitalised? One or both must have
been travelling too fast for the conditions, and at least one must have
broken the traffic light orders.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Camb...1005102516.htm

It would be interesting to see the carnage amongst petrol heads if they
ever decide to switch traffic lights off at night or to use flashing
yellows at quiet times.
Old October 7th 13, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 07/10/2013 18:00, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 05/10/2013 22:17, Mrcheerful wrote:
A cyclist is today fighting for their life and another has serious
injuries after they crashed into each other on a key Cambridge junction.

The collision happened last night at Britain’s first traffic lights
which allow cyclists to move off before motorists

RLJ? or just riding carelessly? How can a cyclist plough into another
at such a rate that they are both hospitalised? One or both must have
been travelling too fast for the conditions, and at least one must have
broken the traffic light orders.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Camb...1005102516.htm

It would be interesting to see the carnage amongst petrol heads if they
ever decide to switch traffic lights off at night or to use flashing
yellows at quiet times.

Similar things frequently happen, especially during area power cuts.

We are not aware - are we - of any reports of carnage arising out of it?
Old October 7th 13, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 07/10/2013 19:30, JNugent wrote:
[...]

My God, you strain my patience. You are deffo on a par with Catcrap.
Mentalguy, MrCheerful and Jimdeth are intellectual GIANTS compared with
the two of you. Even they must cringe at the hopeless arguments that you
come out with.
Old October 7th 13, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 07/10/2013 22:01, Brian Robertson wrote:
[...]

It was your argument!

You said that if traffic lights went off, there would be carnage.

But they often do and there is no carnage when it happens.

Are you ON something?

Old October 8th 13, 01:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"JNugent" wrote in message ...

[...]

It'll be his medication. Obviously, his psychiatrist has upped the dose due
to his increasingly erratic and unstable behaviour.

Old October 8th 13, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 18:00:37 +0100, Brian Robertson wrote:

On 05/10/2013 22:17, Mrcheerful wrote:
A cyclist is today fighting for their life and another has serious
injuries after they crashed into each other on a key Cambridge
junction.

The collision happened last night at Britain’s first traffic lights
which allow cyclists to move off before motorists

RLJ? or just riding carelessly? How can a cyclist plough into another
at such a rate that they are both hospitalised? One or both must have
been travelling too fast for the conditions, and at least one must have
broken the traffic light orders.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Camb...ghts-for-life-

after-two-riders-in-collision-at-revamped-safety-junction-in-
Cambridge-20131005102516.htm

It would be interesting to see the carnage amongst petrol heads if they
ever decide to switch traffic lights off at night or to use flashing
yellows at quiet times.

I have lived in such places.
No carnage.
Old October 9th 13, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 07/10/2013 22:03, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Because, you stupid c*nt, people see it as an emergency situation and
act accordingly. Besides, are you telling me that broken traffic lights
do not increase the likelihood of accidents? Are you REALLY saying that?
Old October 9th 13, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 08/10/2013 08:06, Peter Keller wrote:
[...]

No, there won't be. People are used to it there. Let me give you an example:

The main idea that I have heard mooted is to turn the lights to a
flashing yellow at quite times. Sounds fair enough. Now, my
understanding is that flashing yellows are no longer the flavour of the
month because so many road users, even after many years of use, still
fail to understand what they mean. What would be different?