Tube suggestions for 700c x 2.35 Big Apple

Old June 1st 05, 01:22 PM
steveyo

Default Tube suggestions for 700c x 2.35 Big Apple

Hey all -

What brands of tubes are available for inside the balloony 700c x 2.35
Big Apple? Where might I get one (or two) online?

I tried a 700c x 35-43, which looked too skinny. It pumps up and fills
the space, but near the valve stem there's a noticable constriction or
indent in tube and tire, like that part of the tube has a smaller
diameter or something.

So I want only 700c x 50c or so. Also, the KH29 has a hole for a
schrader valve, so that's my preference, though I could use a hole
adapter for presta valve.

--
steveyo - hammer down

steveyo

"If your feet are cold, cover your head."
- eskimo proverb

"The place you buy special pants for big-balled men also sells very
small hats."
- me

Old June 1st 05, 01:44 PM
smdO2

Not sure where you can get them, but schwalbe do a '28 x 2.00 & 28 x
2.35 tube' (http://www.schwalbe.com/index.pl?punkt=15) in both a presta
& shrader valve

--
smdO2 - Only One But Fun
smdO2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7369

Old June 1st 05, 01:50 PM
joemarshall

Continental and IRC both make tubes this size.

unicycle.uk.com has them (listed as 29er inner tubes).

If you use thinner tubes like you've got they have a tendency to rip at
the valve where the narrower bit is. Mine took about 10 mins of riding
before doing that.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album483

Old June 1st 05, 02:22 PM
rogeratunicycledotcom

schwalbe tubes are very hard to get in the UK and even harder if you
want Schrader.
We stock both Continental Schrader ones which are marked upto 28x2.5
(622-47/62) and IRC one which is Presta and marked 29x2.125 (52c)

We keep them both in stock.

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Old June 1st 05, 10:39 PM
john_childs

Which of the 29er tubes is the biggest and the thickest? I've been
thinking of trying a 29er tube in my Coker and I'd like to go with a
29er tube that is the fattest and has the thickest rubber. A Schrader
valve would be keen too.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)
' Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) 'Click Me'
(http://tinyurl.com/963jr)

Old June 2nd 05, 12:26 AM
TonyMelton

I used a 'Quality Bike Parts inner tube' (http://tinyurl.com/65j9y) in
my Coker. These are thicker than the WTB 29" inners. They have a presta
valve, though.

I recall reading somewhere that Bontrager make a 29" inner with a
schraeder valve. You could try asking on the 'MTBR 29\" bikes forum'
(http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)

+()|\|-

--
TonyMelton - Cloud 9

The way to a man's heart is through his veins.
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old June 2nd 05, 03:52 AM
steveyo

Thanks all.

My LBS had some Bontrager 700c X 1.75-2.35, but with presta. So I
bought the better of two type of adapters for schrader-to-presta
conversion - the one that slides in from the inside of the tube.

My KH29 is on the road again with that smooth Big Apple.