jersey sizing question

Old June 2nd 04, 03:55 AM
Kristin Garau

Default jersey sizing question

wow, this is really frustrating.
I know I wear a Pearl Izumi Large (42-44) and I realize that's an American
cut. But to figure out if that translates to an Euro 5 or 6 seems to depend
upon from whom you purchase. I've seen Nalini jerseys (Domina Vacanze --
okay, I'm a Cipo geek. I admit it. He was great to my son at the TdG.)
described by different companies as 5's being 42's and 6's being 46's. Is
there any way to be sure what I'm getting?
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Kris

Old June 2nd 04, 04:31 AM
Dominic Sansom

I really don't know why there isn't a standard sizing system fo
apparel. We've been wearing clothes for a few thousand years but ther
is still confusion when it comes to sizes

Here's a good example. I just purchased an Oakley and a Specialize
jersey. The oakley is 2XL and is a sung fit. A couple of days late th
Specialized (3XL) jersey arrives (both purchased online) and it is
couple of sizes tighter... 'spose I'll just have to cycle harder
longer, faster and llose some weight

By the way... both jerseys are great

-

Old June 2nd 04, 04:55 AM
Johnny

"Kristin Garau" wrote in news:Okbvc.7842$Yd3.4164
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
wow, this is really frustrating.
I know I wear a Pearl Izumi Large (42-44) and I realize that's an American
cut. But to figure out if that translates to an Euro 5 or 6 seems to depend
upon from whom you purchase.

Try them on first. Chest size is just one consideration. Arm, neck, and
waist sizes also vary a lot from brand to brand. Some brands just won't fit
some people properly.

Jersey etiquette cheg General 46 July 3rd 04 07:38 PM
Question on use of Yakima BigHorn 4 Bike Rack trailer hitch. Easy question. Thanks, tryitoz Joe Donaldson General 4 March 14th 04 02:08 AM
Question: Cassette Sizing Michael General 6 August 6th 03 01:48 PM
Jersey Question? F1 General 13 July 28th 03 12:52 AM