mUni article in Charlotte Magazine (Charlotte, NC)

Old February 4th 04, 04:12 PM
zod

Default mUni article in Charlotte Magazine (Charlotte, NC)

I recently was approached about being in an article about mountain
unicycling for Charlotte Magazine ( http://www.charlottemag.com ) which
is a monthly semi-glossy about Charlotte, NC and the surrounding area.
I was really excited about the idea, I knew it would bring some good
exposure to the sport in a market where mUni barely exist and few know
about it. In the Charlotte area there are maybe 3 or 4 of us who do it
and in the whole state maybe another 3 or so.
Anyway, the interview went well and then they sent out a photographer
and took some trail shots of myself and Stinkster (he lurks around here
but doesn't post much). I don't know how big or insignificant the
article is going to be but something is certainly better than nothing.
The article is going to be in the March edition. I don't know how people
outside of our area would go about getting just that issue of the
magazine if any of you would want a copy. You could try contacting them
and maybe they'd send just one.

I'll scan it and post it when it comes out though..........

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

Old February 4th 04, 11:31 PM
chirokid

That's great Zod. I look forward to the article. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

I am the proud NEW owner of SuperSHJag29er!!!
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old February 5th 04, 02:57 AM
JoChem

Cool! Glad you're getting some publicity! Where do ride in the Charlotte
area? I don't suppose you've tried Uwharrie on a MUni, I sure haven't.

I'll definitely look for that article.

--
JoChem

"Colorless green ideas sleep furiously." -Noam Chomsky
JoChem's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5214

Old February 5th 04, 03:23 AM
zod

Haven't tried Uwharrie on a unicycle, I mUni mainly at PeeWee's Mountain
Bike Trail in Lincolnton, NC and sometimes at North Mecklenburg Trail in
Charlotte.
This summer I plan on hitting more of the local trails.....I need to
branch out a little bit.

Old February 5th 04, 12:54 PM
zod

Yea, I saw that article......it was about Cornelius Elementary I
believe. They have a unicycle club that is part of the P.E. program. I
was initially contacted to see if I was part of a club, they were
wanting to do a story in Creative Loafing kind of like the one that
appeared in the Charlotte Observer.
I told the reporter I was not in a club, that I rode trails alone. He
had no idea and was excited about the idea of doing an article on mUni
so he shopped it around to the local publications and Charlotte Magazine
took the bait!
Incidently, I think Creative Loafing is going to have an article on
Charlotte Country Day's P.E. unicycle club in the near future.

Old February 5th 04, 03:40 AM
epson

Did you see the article in the Charlotte Observer about the 5th(?) grade
class that was unicycling?
Had 4 or 5 kids riding as I recall.
DD

Bad Journalism - Bicycling Lance Article WillW General 26 July 31st 04 05:14 AM
Old Magazine Article - American Racers in Europe RWM Racing 0 May 4th 04 10:10 PM
Anyone Remember this Article About Lance?? Andy Coggan Racing 3 August 2nd 03 12:13 AM