Pastor returns to church after serious mountain biking wreck

Old August 9th 10, 08:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Pastor returns to church after serious mountain biking wreck

http://www.heartlandconnection.com/n...aspx?id=493951

Pastor returns to church after serious wreck
by Ashley Smith

KIRKSVILLE, MO. -- After wrecking his mountain bike in Colorado almost
a month ago, a Heartland pastor is back to work.

The Crossing-Kirksville’s Youth Pastor Joe Vincent was on a trip with
several youth members of the church in Colorado last month when he
wrecked his mountain bike and broke his neck and arm.

Vincent spent some time in a hospital in Colorado and St. Louis before
returning to Kirksville.

He says the hardest part is not being able to help out as much at home
or at the church.

“It’s been cool to be back, I missed my family and I missed my church,
and it’s nice to be back in my own house again.” said Vincent, “This
city and this church have definitely shown their true colors and my
family has been lifted up and that’s been an amazing experience for
us.”

Doctors say Vincent must wear his head brace for eight to 12 weeks and
should be fully recovered in a year. Doctors are amazed at his
progress and say it’s schocking he isn’t paralyzed or even dead.

Vincent has three young kids and says he’s thankful for all the help
the church has provided to his family through this tough time.
Old August 9th 10, 11:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

Well, this is what happens when you try to act like a dumb kid. The guy is
probably stupid enough that once he has fully recovered from his "accident"
(one waiting to happen) he will go back and do it all over again. The only
cure for the terminally stupid is death.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 10th 10, 03:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

Default Environut returns to usenet after being arrested

On Aug 9, 3:14*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

How was jail, Mikey?