Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

Old October 27th 05, 04:39 AM
Bill Sornson

Default Wanting feedback on Look KG361 with Centaur drivetrain, Vento wheels

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:19:30 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

This belongs in rec.bicycles.tech, not rbracing or rbmisc.

Disagree.

You're mistaken.

Please read the rec.bikes.* FAQ.

Don't need no steenkin' FAQ to tell me what's "appropriate" for wreck
miss -- especially when regulars post biased political blog droppings on a
semi-regular basis. (One of these netizens then turns around and flames
people for posting RIDE REPORTS fer gawdsake. Gimme a break.)

What's "technical" about a bike's ride characteristics, anyway? (I don't
read the racing group, so don't know what's "acceptable" there.)

In short, I see nothing wrong with asking for feedback about a certain bike
model on rec.bicycles.misc. So there.

BS (really)

Old October 27th 05, 10:26 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:26:44 GMT, Jeff Starr
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:25:28 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

I don't understand why you are insulting me. I told him about two
groups which are appropriate for his questions. That's actually
helping him.

What two groups? You mentioned two groups that you didn't want him
posting in, but only one [ rec.bicycle.tech] that you thought
appropriate.

Right, sorry, I thought marketplace was good (in terms of assessing
value) and included that in follow-up -- meant to mention that.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 27th 05, 10:29 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:39:24 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Don't need no steenkin' FAQ to tell me what's "appropriate" for wreck
miss --
especially when regulars post biased political blog droppings on a
semi-regular basis.

If you've got a problem with that, try to stop them rather than using
it as an excuse.

Read the FAQ. It's clear.

JT

PS you're a jackass.

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 27th 05, 11:18 AM
Marc Riehm

Wow.

Next time I'll take my questions someplace else, where the kids play
nice together, and don't waste too much time getting sidetracked with
squabbles.

--M.

Old October 27th 05, 12:09 PM
Sandy

Dans le message de ,
John Forrest Tomlinson a réfléchi, et puis a
déclaré :
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:10:53 -0400, "Larry"
wrote:

The guy has a simple question and
may not even know of any other groups.
So instead of being a jerk why not
just try and help.

I don't understand why you are insulting me. I told him about two
groups which are appropriate for his questions. That's actually
helping him.

JT -

You know as well as I do that there are NO good answers on tech.
Let's imagine he asked : "I want to race, and I heard a KG 361 is a good
race bike - what do you think?"

He won't get stuck with useless information from people who figure that bars
should stand above saddles ...
--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.

Old October 27th 05, 01:41 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:09:09 +0200, "Sandy" wrote:

Let's imagine he asked : "I want to race, and I heard a KG 361 is a good
race bike - what do you think?"

That's for rec.bicycles.tech.

He won't get stuck with useless information from people who figure that bars
should stand above saddles ...

The point is not what is best for one guy. It's what is best for the
groups as a whole. That's fundamental.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 27th 05, 02:51 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:18:47 -0400, Marc Riehm
wrote:

Next time I'll take my questions someplace else, where the kids play
nice together, and don't waste too much time getting sidetracked with
squabbles.

Then don't friggin come to usenet, a webforum, or for that matter the
internet.

Jasper
Old October 27th 05, 03:41 PM
Neil Brooks

Marc Riehm wrote:

Wow.

Next time I'll take my questions someplace else, where the kids play
nice together, and don't waste too much time getting sidetracked with
squabbles.

You didn't get treated very well, Mark. That's a shame.

I wish I knew more about the particular Look bike that you're
considering. My approach would have been to be helpful.

It just doesn't seem like such a hardship to me.

YMMV.
--
Live simply so that others may simply live
Old October 27th 05, 03:45 PM
Neil Brooks

wrote:

Next time I'll take my questions someplace else, where the kids play
nice together, and don't waste too much time getting sidetracked with
squabbles.

Then don't friggin come to usenet, a webforum, or for that matter the
internet.

Ol' Thomas Hoobs once described man as "poor, nasty, brutish, and
short."

That tacit acceptance of the worst in our characters is why useful
contributors are ceasing to contribute.

It's not that tough to be helpful. It's not that tough to refrain
from character assassination. It's not that tough to get past the
letter of the "rules" and abide by the spirit. It's not that tough to
overlook issues of style and address issues ot substance in peoples'
posts.

I'd rather try--and have others try--than to "wear as a badge of honor
the 'jungle' that Usenet is."

YMMV.
--
Live simply so that others may simply live
Old October 27th 05, 05:44 PM
Bill Sornson

wrote:

Don't need no steenkin' FAQ to tell me what's "appropriate" for wreck
miss --
especially when regulars post biased political blog droppings on a
semi-regular basis.

If you've got a problem with that, try to stop them rather than using
it as an excuse.

"Try to stop them"??? OK, JB, cut it out! (LOL)

Read the FAQ. It's clear.

If the FAQ says someone can't post a question about a particular bike model
in a cycling newsgroup, then the FAQ is wrong and needs correcting.

PS you're a jackass.

Because I disagree with a pompous, judgmental bore?

Wah.

Invectively Yours,

BS