Clincher tires on a tubeless rim?

Old December 15th 03, 08:41 AM
Moi

Default Clincher tires on a tubeless rim?

Is it possible to mount a regular clincher tire on a rim designed for a
tubeless tire?

---

Old December 15th 03, 06:57 PM
Moi

"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
Is it possible to mount a regular clincher tire on a rim designed for a
tubeless tire?

Yes, in fact I recommend it.

Thank you.
________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

---

Old December 16th 03, 02:43 AM
Moi

"Per Elmsäter" wrote in message
Moi wrote:
"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
Is it possible to mount a regular clincher tire on a rim designed
for a tubeless tire?

Yes, in fact I recommend it.

Thank you.

Just don't forget the tube )

Perre

Good idea. BTW, is it true that in order to get high psi in a tubeless you
need pressureized air? Or can you use a hand pump?

posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see
http://rbor.org/

---

Old December 16th 03, 09:52 AM
Per Elmsäter

Moi wrote:
"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
Is it possible to mount a regular clincher tire on a rim designed
for a tubeless tire?

Yes, in fact I recommend it.

Thank you.

Just don't forget the tube )

Perre

Good idea. BTW, is it true that in order to get high psi in a
tubeless you need pressureized air? Or can you use a hand pump?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking but if I understand you correct it's
like this.
It may be initially difficult to get air into a tubeless tire with a
handpump. A floorpump is easier and a CO2 cartridge is the easiest. Once
you've gotten the beads to set in the rim it doesn't matter what you use as
long as the pump can handle the psi you wan't to put in the tire. Usually
you do not wan't to put a very high psi in a tubeless tire, that is one
reason you have it. However a fat MTB tire will still need lots of air even
if the psi is low. I ususally run mine at 35-40 psi and use about 24 grams
of CO2 to get there. At home I use a floorpump. CO2 is just my emergency
pump and I haven't actually had to use it yet, except for a fieldtest in my
livingroom.

I carry a spare tube and three CO2 cartridges plus some instant patches that
I've also never used.
--
Perre

Old December 16th 03, 09:55 AM
Per Elmsäter

"Per Elmsäter" wrote in message

Just don't forget the tube )

Perre

In the winter( like today) I have Nokian Extreme studded tires with tubes in
my UST tubeless rims.

--
Perre

tubeless tires Operator Mountain Biking 10 July 26th 04 10:39 AM
inflating tubeless tires without a foot pump. gazzer Mountain Biking 4 February 7th 04 09:33 AM
Studded tires R Christensen General 2 January 27th 04 05:40 PM
Advantages of tubeless tires? SkaredShtles Mountain Biking 15 October 8th 03 04:13 AM
Newbie question about tubeless tires Kevin Doulet Mountain Biking 11 August 26th 03 08:05 PM