'Help me' tweet rescues lost, injured triathlete

Old September 14th 10, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Wayne[_2_]

Default 'Help me' tweet rescues lost, injured triathlete

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/he...iathlete-42002

'Help me' tweet rescues lost, injured triathlete

Indo Asian News Service, Updated: August 04, 2010 17:13 IST

London: A triathlete in the US who got lost during a competition and
then got hurt after falling off her mountain bike sent out a desperate
tweet for help. Her plea was noticed by her followers who dialled for
assistance.

Goes to show you.....backcountry adventures should not include cellfones.
That would make it easier for evolution to take it's natural course.

'Help me' tweet rescues lost, injured triathlete Mike Vandeman[_4_] Mountain Biking 38 September 23rd 10 02:53 AM
Injured Hiker Rescued From Lost Lake Area Bob Berger[_2_] Social Issues 3 July 15th 10 09:35 PM
Tweet of the Day DirtRoadie Racing 12 July 8th 10 10:10 AM
burrito tweet bar Racing 1 September 29th 09 02:14 AM
mountain biker rescues 2 lost hikers in California S Curtiss Social Issues 0 December 3rd 06 08:50 AM