Seven News Survey - Bikes during peak hours

Old October 24th 05, 02:38 PM
Scott Howard

Default Seven News Survey - Bikes during peak hours

For anyone in NSW (and possibly other states), channel 7 News is currently
carrying out a "Seven News Survey". One of the questions asked is :

Should bicycles be banned on roads in peak-hour?

Given the type of trash journalism you can expect from such shows, every
positive vote for this might help move it further away from being one of
the topics they decide to use...

http://seven.com.au/news/sydney_survey for the survey

Scott.
Old October 24th 05, 09:07 PM
Donga

Scott Howard wrote:
For anyone in NSW (and possibly other states), channel 7 News is currently
carrying out a "Seven News Survey". One of the questions asked is :

Should bicycles be banned on roads in peak-hour?

Better still, don't watch 7. If you can watch telly at night, you
aren't riding enough in the morning. Don't vote - it only encourages
them. Do you really think their surveys and news articles will change
anything for riders?
Go to bed instead.

Donga

Old October 24th 05, 10:38 PM
Plodder

"Scott Howard" wrote in message
For anyone in NSW (and possibly other states), channel 7 News is currently
carrying out a "Seven News Survey". One of the questions asked is :

Should bicycles be banned on roads in peak-hour?

Given the type of trash journalism you can expect from such shows, every
positive vote for this might help move it further away from being one of
the topics they decide to use...

http://seven.com.au/news/sydney_survey for the survey

Scott.

Bloody thing is aimed at Sydneysiders so I'm not sure a response from WA is
any good. Filled it in anyway. I thought channel 7 was a national mob.

I wonder why anyone would want bikes banned in peak hour. Given that so many
motorists think we hold them up, isn't peak hour when the traffic is slowest
so the presence of bikes would make the least difference anyway? Stupid
question.

Yes - I did copy the last para into the comments section.

Gob****es...

Frank

Old October 24th 05, 10:40 PM
aeek

Scott Howard Wrote:
For anyone in NSW (and possibly other states), channel 7 News is
currently
carrying out a "Seven News Survey". One of the questions asked is :

Should bicycles be banned on roads in peak-hour?

then there's all the other questions, no thanks.

--
aeek

Old October 24th 05, 11:11 PM
Ray Peace

Scott Howard wrote:
For anyone in NSW (and possibly other states), channel 7 News is currently
carrying out a "Seven News Survey". One of the questions asked is :

Should bicycles be banned on roads in peak-hour?

Given the type of trash journalism you can expect from such shows, every
positive vote for this might help move it further away from being one of
the topics they decide to use...

http://seven.com.au/news/sydney_survey for the survey

Scott.

Greetings,
Channel Seven, the Dopey Network, We Wouldn't Know Real News If It Bit
Us, Strikes again.
R.
Old October 25th 05, 12:32 AM
Marx SS

Wow, imagine being banned from the streets during peak hour.

It kind of puts Critical Mass into prespective.

--
Marx SS

Old October 25th 05, 12:54 AM
Shabby

The irony of this is that they're trying to pander to their ratings by
figuring our what redneck battlers and pensioners are angry at this
week... not sure that many redneck battlers and pensioners would be
logging into the net on a daily basis....

--
Shabby

Old October 25th 05, 12:57 AM
cfsmtb

Same recycled guff from seven. Had this in Melboring back in
say...August?

--
cfsmtb

Old October 25th 05, 12:59 AM
Peka

Scott Howard Wrote:
Should bicycles be banned on roads in peak-hour?I wonder it's like to be such a dumbf!ck to come up with ideas like

that?

When I lived in Sydney in the early 90's I used to commute to Pyrmont
on a roadie from Padstow, near Bankstown. I would get onto Canterbury
road about the same time as a work colleague, who lived a bit further
out, drove past. I often beat him to work. From what I hear, the M1 or
M5 or whichever motorway it is that does out that way, isn't much, if
any, quicker during peak hour.

Heh, I remember rolling over a red light camera sensor just before the
lights went green, and getting my photo taken. I told my gf's sister
about it a few weeks later, and she says "did you ever hear anything
from it, like get a ticket or anything". ROFL, still makes me laugh,
she was pretty dopey for a paralegal....

--
Peka

Old October 25th 05, 01:31 AM
Theo Bekkers

Scott Howard wrote:
For anyone in NSW (and possibly other states), channel 7 News is
currently carrying out a "Seven News Survey". One of the questions
asked is :

Should bicycles be banned on roads in peak-hour?

A better question would be "Should single occupant cars be banned in
peal-hour".

Theo

ONLY POSTED TO A HUNDRED SITES AND I HAVE RECEIVED IN LESS THAN 2 WKS [email protected] General 0 January 16th 05 04:51 AM
Truss instead of tube in bicycle frame? Rado bladteth Rzeznicki Techniques 55 November 7th 04 07:37 AM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
Mutant Road Bikes Dave Mayer General 29 March 12th 04 05:48 AM
this newsgroup's URL Steve Fox Recumbent Biking 20 August 21st 03 03:34 AM