Screw Cannondale!!!

Old August 13th 05, 01:05 AM
Dave Mennenoh

Default Screw Cannondale!!!

Hi everyone - I am posting this just to let everyone know about my crap
experience with Cannondale customer no-service. In the past 10 years I have
purchased two cannondale mountain bikes. Well actually, the first one was a
bike... after about 5 years of use the frame broke - where the top tube and
seat tubes meet. So, 5 years ago I bought a new frame. In the past month
this frame has developed a crack in the exact same spot - right on the top
of the weld where the top and seat tubes meet.
I have my manual, and all paperwork, warranty card, etc... it's all crap.
Cannondale will do absolutely nothing unless I produce my original receipt.
Which I guess I lost. The bike shop I bought the frame from no longer sells
Cannondale.
I have called them and I have emailed them. Sorry... they cannot help
without a receipt. You say, huh? Don't their frames have a lifetime
warranty? Um - no they do not at all. Only for the original owner and then
only if he has a receipt. Registration cards mean nothing, even if they can
look you up on their computer. So, don't buy a cannondale on ebay.
So, screw cannondale. After being a loyal customer for 10+ years they can
kiss my ass. I will never buy another and I write this in hopes you will
follow suit.

I am going with Giant. You have been warned.

--
Dave -
www.blurredistinction.com/director

Old August 13th 05, 01:12 AM

Dave Mennenoh wrote:
So, don't buy a cannondale on ebay.
So, screw cannondale. After being a loyal customer for 10+ years they can
kiss my ass. I will never buy another and I write this in hopes you will
follow suit.

The phrase "Crack-n-Fail" has been used once or twice in this
newsgroup.

I am going with Giant. You have been warned.

Why not Marin or Specialized? Better bikes at aprox. the same
pricepoint.

Just IMO.

Good luck,

E.P.

Old August 13th 05, 01:15 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Dave Mennenoh wrote:
Hi everyone - I am posting this just to let everyone know about my crap
experience with Cannondale customer no-service. In the past 10 years I have
purchased two cannondale mountain bikes. Well actually, the first one was a
bike... after about 5 years of use the frame broke - where the top tube and
seat tubes meet. So, 5 years ago I bought a new frame. In the past month
this frame has developed a crack in the exact same spot - right on the top
of the weld where the top and seat tubes meet.

JD is gonna love this!

I have my manual, and all paperwork, warranty card, etc... it's all crap.
Cannondale will do absolutely nothing unless I produce my original receipt.
Which I guess I lost. The bike shop I bought the frame from no longer sells
Cannondale.

Not that Crapandfail is worth the trouble anyway, but I don't know of
two many companies that will do a warranty repair without proof of
ownership (i.e. the original receipt).

I have called them and I have emailed them. Sorry... they cannot help
without a receipt. You say, huh? Don't their frames have a lifetime
warranty? Um - no they do not at all. Only for the original owner and then
only if he has a receipt. Registration cards mean nothing, even if they can
look you up on their computer. So, don't buy a cannondale on ebay.
So, screw cannondale. After being a loyal customer for 10+ years they can
kiss my ass. I will never buy another and I write this in hopes you will
follow suit.

If the LBS were decent folk and even slightly remembered you, they could
easily manufacture a receipt. Forget that, you could easily manufacture
a receipt. I've done it many times.

I am going with Giant. You have been warned.

Oh yeh, that's so much better! Ugh!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old August 13th 05, 01:17 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

Not that Crapandfail is worth the trouble anyway, but I don't know of
two many companies that will do a warranty repair without proof of
ownership (i.e. the original receipt).

I am replying to my own posts now. That was "too", not two.

I have called them and I have emailed them. Sorry... they cannot help
without a receipt. You say, huh? Don't their frames have a lifetime
warranty? Um - no they do not at all. Only for the original owner and
then only if he has a receipt. Registration cards mean nothing, even
if they can look you up on their computer. So, don't buy a cannondale
on ebay.
So, screw cannondale. After being a loyal customer for 10+ years they
can kiss my ass. I will never buy another and I write this in hopes
you will follow suit.

If the LBS were decent folk and even slightly remembered you, they could
easily manufacture a receipt. Forget that, you could easily manufacture
a receipt. I've done it many times.

Now I see you are a computer geek. It would be easy for you to "create"
a duplicate receipt.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old August 13th 05, 01:29 AM
Dave Mennenoh

Crapandfail.
I like that. Really sums the frames up nicely. Two for two, for me.

So... Marin or Specialized you say? Ride-a-lot didn't seem to think Giant
was worth much either.

I like the S-Works frames a lot actually. I have just been looking at Giant
lately and the Maestro suspension. Is it not any good? Didn't MBR give the
Trance bike of the year or some such thing? Hasn't Maestro been getting rave
reviews???

I'm not sold on anything... like I said I've only owned crapandfail for the
past 10 years so I'm unsure what to go with.

I race in the WORS series - which is cross country racing nearly every other
weekend all summer. I do 12 and 24 hour races as well...

Suggestions please???

And - Ride-a-Lot - yeah I'm as geecky as they come. Make a receipt you
say... hmmm. Good idea - except then I'd have another crapandfail... I guess
I could sell it...

Me thinks that sounds like a mighty fine plan indeed.

Old August 13th 05, 01:40 AM

Dave Mennenoh wrote:
So... Marin or Specialized you say? Ride-a-lot didn't seem to think Giant
was worth much either.

I have a Marin, and I have found it to stand up nicely to my abuse.
It's a bit heavy for racing, but Marin makes an excellent steel
hardtail frame that would be a fine XTR-racer.

I like the S-Works frames a lot actually. I have just been looking at Giant
lately and the Maestro suspension. Is it not any good? Didn't MBR give the
Trance bike of the year or some such thing? Hasn't Maestro been getting rave
reviews???

Well...

You have to take those reviews with a grain of salt. These guys get to
ride a new bike for what, ten hours? They don't do long-term testing,
so durability might or might not be an issue. A known design, with a
large installed customer base might give you a little more to work
with.

I'm not sold on anything... like I said I've only owned crapandfail for the
past 10 years so I'm unsure what to go with.

I race in the WORS series - which is cross country racing nearly every other
weekend all summer. I do 12 and 24 hour races as well...

Suggestions please???

If it's gonna be raced, then I have another suggestion: Titus Racer-X.
High quality, good brand, simple design.

I'm sure lots of other folks will have opinions on it. People with a
lot more knowledge than me, too.

E.P.

Old August 13th 05, 02:04 AM
Chris K

Check out a Turner Flux if you are looking for a great frame and even better
customer service. http://www.turnerbikes.com/

Old August 13th 05, 02:51 AM
JD

Dave Mennenoh wrote:
snip another sad crapandflail story
I am going with Giant. You have been warned.

--
Dave -

Good luck with all of that.

JD thinking "save your money and go botique"

Old August 13th 05, 04:22 AM

JD wrote:

JD thinking "save your money and go botique"

Hey, I already said that, dammit!

E.P.

Cannondale Company, Info ??? Thomas Wentworth General 4 October 6th 05 11:28 PM
FS: Campagnolo Cork Screw - Campy - Gift Darren Haines Marketplace 0 December 2nd 04 06:17 AM
Sugoi or Cannondale General 2 July 20th 04 07:08 PM
Trek 2300 or Cannondale R1000 or other? Roger W General 22 March 26th 04 12:44 AM
Cannondale vs Specialized? Al Downie Off Road 3 February 12th 04 12:18 AM