Latest on Australian Mandatory Helmet Law propaganda

Old February 26th 19, 07:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Latest on Australian Mandatory Helmet Law propaganda

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 23:33:52 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 12:05:38 AM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 02:33:44 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 12:04:45 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 4:15:09 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:35:34 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:24:28 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 09:35:51 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 2:44:33 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 08:40:31 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 2/22/2019 3:25 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:00:48 +0100, Rolf Mantel
wrote:

Am 22.02.2019 um 00:26 schrieb Andre Jute:
I have been told that driving in Germany was so dangerous that
Americans often would not do so.

No. German drivers are good. The most dangerous drivers in Europe are the
British.

I do not know any measure by which British Drivers are more dangerous
than German drivers. Yes, German drivers are good (to a very large
extent) but they risk compensate and use their skill for driving
recklessly fast.

What is certainly extremely dangerous is when American tourists rent a
fast car and try to drive like the Germans, without the regular practice
of looking at the traffic half a mile ahead that you need if you wish to
drive 50 mph faster than the guy on the other lane (you need to
anticipate lane changes perfectly for that driving style).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate
The U.S. records 12.9 deaths per 100,000 motor vehicles (2013), the
U.K. - 5.1 and Germany 6.8. In comparison, France - 7.6, the
Netherlands - 6 and Switzerland 3.6.

Right, there's a good example of apples and oranges.

Annual miles/km driven are radically different so incidents
per population or per vehicle are misleading for risk analyses.

Well, looking at the reference one could select accidents per 1
billion vehicle kilometers in which case the numbers look like this:
U.S. - 7.3, U.K. - 0, Germany - 4.2, France - 5.8, The Netherlands -
4.7 and Switzerland - 3.2.
The U.K. falls to the bottom place and Germany and the Netherlands
switch places.

--
Cheers,
John B.

Great Britain doesn't maintain statistics in that manner so there is
no reporting of them.

Using other statistics the United Kingdom has about 1/3rd that of the United States.

Moreover the large accident rates in the USA come from several reasons,
1. The US has MANY new drivers where one out of ten drivers have no
license or have never had autos before.

Actually that is wrong. See
https://hedgescompany.com/blog/2018/...d-drivers-usa/
"The 2000s saw a continued slowdown with an average annual growth (of
driver's licenses) of 1.14%. The 2010s had the lowest annual growth
since the 1950s, at 0.81%

Goodness, you are batting almost 100%. Wrong (or lying) nearly all the
time.

--
Cheers,
John B.

I am curious to what you think as not true? You can SEE that the US
birthrates are falling like crazy and the age at marriage has been
increasing among Americans each year. Yet the population is rapidly
increasing and largely from Hispanic countries, China and India - none
of these people were from countries where the common man would be able
to own and operate a vehicle.

Do you expect these people to act with any sense when driving for at
least two generations?

Whatever are you saying? You wrote that "The US has MANY new drivers
where one out of ten drivers have no license or have never had autos
before" and I pointed that the "new driver" statistics show numbers as
low as 0.81%. Are you trying to tell us that "one out of ten drivers"
is smaller than 0.81%?

There is a difference, you now, between 1 out of ten, (1/10=10%), and
0.81%.

Turkey Tom, I'm beginning to believe that you may not be a liar. It is
becoming more and more apparent that you are just stupid.

I'm now speculating on what you will change the subject to in an
attempt to wriggle out of this dilemma.

--
Cheers,
John B.

Why is someone that hasn't lived in the US for decades telling us all
about the driving conditions here? Is there something wrong in your head
that you actually believe that Google is going to tell you all about
driving conditions here? Or is it simply your stupidity that causes you
to argue about anything and everything?

But I'm not telling you about driving conditions. What I am telling
you is that you are either supremely stupid to equate 10% with the
actual figure of 0.81% or simply lying.

Are you getting Alzheimer's or other aging diseases that cause your
continued belief that you know what is happening in the US?

Nope. No Alzheimer's and not telling you about what happens in the
U.S. Just telling you that you either tell lies or are super stupid to
believe that 10% somehow equals 0.81%.

--
Cheers,
John B.

I'm pretty certain that neither one of you is going to convince the other
of anything, so maybe it's time for at least one of you to just call it a
day.

I did a while back. I blacklisted him and didn't see his posts for a
while. the I switched to a different computer and Bingo! He was back.

I admit there is a certain fascination in talking with him...
everything is someone else fault.
--

Cheers,

John B.

The thing is that unless people have YOU blacklisted/killfiled then your responses to him bypass their blacklists/killfiles. LOL

Cheers

You are right and I will return him to the black list.
--

Cheers,

John B.