Moab

Old April 23rd 07, 02:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Harry[_2_]

Default Moab

I'm going to have ONE day at Moab so I'm trying to do all my planning in
advance. (The others days are at Zion and Bryce.)

What trails should I do for sure and what trails should I do if I still have
some energy left?

Tips and advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

Old April 24th 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Apr 22, 7:20 pm, "Harry" wrote:
I'm going to have ONE day at Moab so I'm trying to do all my planning in
advance. (The others days are at Zion and Bryce.)

What trails should I do for sure and what trails should I do if I still have
some energy left?

Tips and advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

You can get as many different answers as there are people to respond,
but I was in the same predicament several years ago when we had one
day in Moab on a road trip. We chose Amasaback. It has climbs,
descents, ledges, views, exposure, and I did I mention views?

Many others may well recommend Porcupine Rim, and/or Sovereign, but I
think Amasaback is still the whole meal deal, that is a gift that
keeps on giving. Your mileage may vary: http://tinyurl.com/23pkj7

CDB

Old April 24th 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 23, 8:33 pm, Paladin wrote:
On Apr 22, 7:20 pm, "Harry" wrote:

I'm going to have ONE day at Moab so I'm trying to do all my planning in
advance. (The others days are at Zion and Bryce.)

What trails should I do for sure and what trails should I do if I still have
some energy left?

Tips and advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

You can get as many different answers as there are people to respond,
but I was in the same predicament several years ago when we had one
day in Moab on a road trip. We chose Amasaback. It has climbs,
descents, ledges, views, exposure, and I did I mention views?

Many others may well recommend Porcupine Rim, and/or Sovereign, but I
think Amasaback is still the whole meal deal, that is a gift that
keeps on giving. Your mileage may vary: http://tinyurl.com/23pkj7

CDB

Dorkupine Rim is full of shuttle monkey idiots. If you want to ride
singletrack, go to Fruita and skip the blown-out and crowded
Sovereign. If you want a little bit of everything mohab has on a well
marked route, ride Amasa Back.

JD

Old April 25th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Apr 23, 11:33 pm, Paladin wrote:
On Apr 22, 7:20 pm, "Harry" wrote:

I'm going to have ONE day at Moab so I'm trying to do all my planning in
advance. (The others days are at Zion and Bryce.)

What trails should I do for sure and what trails should I do if I still have
some energy left?

Tips and advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

You can get as many different answers as there are people to respond,
but I was in the same predicament several years ago when we had one
day in Moab on a road trip. We chose Amasaback. It has climbs,
descents, ledges, views, exposure, and I did I mention views?

Many others may well recommend Porcupine Rim, and/or Sovereign, but I
think Amasaback is still the whole meal deal, that is a gift that
keeps on giving. Your mileage may vary: http://tinyurl.com/23pkj7

CDB

I know it's a Barney McTourist answer, but the slickrock trails were
very memorable as they were very different from the riding I've done
anyplace else out West (and East, for that matter.) They're also not
as physically demanding as the sandier stuff. Bring a old, worn set of
tires.

/s

Old April 25th 07, 08:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
BB

On 25 Apr 2007 09:51:45 -0700, Scott Gordo wrote:

I know it's a Barney McTourist answer, but the slickrock trails were
very memorable as they were very different from the riding I've done
anyplace else out West (and East, for that matter.)

Since Amasa Back leaves from right in town, you could ride that and then
go to Slickrock if you have anything left in you. IIRC, there is a short
loop of just a few miles. The long loop is really just more of the same.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

Moab MattB Mountain Biking 13 October 18th 06 11:24 PM
Who all went to MOAB? thewildchildisback Unicycling 33 March 30th 06 02:42 AM
Who all went to MOAB? abbabibble Unicycling 0 March 28th 06 02:19 AM
Little Moab eyal Unicycling 0 March 19th 06 05:04 AM
Moab nrkist Unicycling 3 July 9th 05 10:20 AM