Sad situation

Old March 15th 10, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Default Sad situation

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kacp...tempts-suicide

Hard to imagine that a 19 yo, in his first pro contract, would likely
be able to earn 10x his father's salary. Not that a 19yo Polish rider
would make that much.
Old March 15th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate[_2_]

Scott wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kacp...tempts-suicide

Hard to imagine that a 19 yo, in his first pro contract, would likely
be able to earn 10x his father's salary. Not that a 19yo Polish rider
would make that much.

Rather, not that a 19 yo Polish rider's father would make that much.
It's truely a ****ty situation. My wife is Romanian, and her father went
to pension recently. He got the pension confirmation letter when we were
there over Xmas, and he'll be getting 250 euros a month. This after a
lifetime of workforce service, in a country that recently joined the EU,
meaning that prices for everything are quickly becoming normalized to
the rest of the EU. Fortunately her family owns their house in the city
and has ample land in the countryside to grow their own
vegetables/geese/chickens/pigs, or they'd be truely hosed in a few years
when prices finish catching up.

The Szczepaniak's are fortunate that they can find lucrative work to
make up for the ghost-of-communism's shortcomings. What Kacper has to
try to remember is that his inevitable sanction will be over when he's 21.
Old March 15th 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Mar 15, 2:46*pm, Kyle Legate wrote:
Scott wrote:
[...]

It's just pitiful any way you look at it. I feel badly for the kid,
yet I imagine there are many who'd gladly proclaim they should've let
him kill himself, being a doper, you know.
Old March 16th 10, 08:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

Scott wrote:
[...]

If only he'd gone into accounting. PEDs are legal there!

Well, many of them. Is coke a PED for accountants?

Old March 16th 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:07:01 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

If only he'd gone into accounting. PEDs are legal there!

Well, many of them. Is coke a PED for accountants?

Coffee is. Coming in and finding the coffee pot still on and the
remaining coffee burnt to the container is a sure sign the audit has
started and you have auditors in the building.

Tax accounting seems to be bagels on Saturday morning, but it never
did anything for me, so I reluctantly gave up tax accounting. Worked
for three firms and they always announced sometime in mid January that
we would begin working on Saturdays, but there would be free bagels...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old March 17th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 06:58:12 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

wrote:

If only he'd gone into accounting. PEDs are legal there!

Well, many of them. Is coke a PED for accountants?

Coffee is. Coming in and finding the coffee pot still on and the
remaining coffee burnt to the container is a sure sign the audit has
started and you have auditors in the building.

Tax accounting seems to be bagels on Saturday morning, but it never
did anything for me, so I reluctantly gave up tax accounting. Worked
for three firms and they always announced sometime in mid January that
we would begin working on Saturdays, but there would be free bagels...

Wow! That's the worst tradeoff ever.

Were they good bagels?

Yeah, smallish and not so chewy. All were Jewish tax firms and they
always seem to have at least one partner that finds a place with
'bagels like real New York bagels'. The common place bagels around
here seem too big and way too chewy, so by the time you finish the
first one, your jaws ache. Maybe good training for something, but I
can't figure out what. Maybe the guy that pulls planes by his teeth or
something.

Still, the only taxes I do now are my own. I actually have a pretty
decent tax program on my PC that charges by the return - I only do
mine and use it for estimates for other clients, so it does everything
and costs me about $ 20 more than the retail programs.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old March 21st 10, 09:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Scott wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kacp...tempts-suicide

Hard to imagine that a 19 yo, in his first pro contract, would likely
be able to earn 10x his father's salary. *Not that a 19yo Polish rider
would make that much.

Rather, not that a 19 yo Polish rider's father would make that much.
It's truely a ****ty situation. My wife is Romanian,

snip

What's the link?

Magilla

Old March 21st 10, 12:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate[_2_]

Scott wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kacp...tempts-suicide
Hard to imagine that a 19 yo, in his first pro contract, would likely
be able to earn 10x his father's salary. Not that a 19yo Polish rider
would make that much.
Rather, not that a 19 yo Polish rider's father would make that much.
It's truely a ****ty situation. My wife is Romanian,

snip

What's the link?

I thought you knew:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/v6wj

How To Handle This Situation? Happi Monday[_3_] UK 34 March 16th 10 09:53 AM
Situation Critical Simon Brooke Racing 12 August 28th 06 04:54 PM
Situation Critical Simon Brooke UK 12 August 28th 06 04:54 PM
Situation Vacant Davey Crockett Racing 9 February 19th 06 09:18 AM
Who would be at fault in this situation? iakobski UK 133 September 9th 05 08:26 PM