Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Old March 24th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Calling all ottawa unicyclists!

Victory and I want to plan a meet in Ottawa for this sunday. It would
run from 12:00 till everyone leaves. It would be outdoors.

Heres the thing. I dont know where to have it! If anyone has a
suggestion that would be cool. So, reply if you want to come and/or if
you have an idea for location. We will hopefully get a lot of people to
come and pick a great location... oh, and have fun. Lots of fun !

--
Eroick
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old March 24th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I was talking to a biker friend of mine and he was saying that there was
some pretty sweet rocks and stuff underneith the rideau center.

It's pretty sweet that you organized something though.

--
ntappin

Old March 24th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah, downtown in general is a good idea. You in?

Old March 24th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Definatly, Hopefully I will get my trials parts in time, otherwise its
time to use my crappy learner as a trials again.

I think its a good idea that we do it downtown as that way it means,
more people can probably come. Also we probably wouldn't have to
compete with the nanaimo park people as thats in Kanata.

A good meeting place actualy would probably be the park across from
city hall downtown.

--
ntappin

Old March 24th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Well, for one its not in Kanata. For two, the Nanimo park meet is
canceled this sunday. So, I figure its a good time to start orginizing
some meets somewhere else. Ill take more suggestions for place too, but
im thinking of starting at sparks st. Im not quite sure if we can ride
there though

Old March 24th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i wish i could come but i wont be able to mae it into ottowa by
sunday...dang

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

Old March 24th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

My guess is sparks will be pretty packed but its an idea. and since its
cancelled we will probably have a much better turn out which would be
nice.

--
ntappin

Old March 24th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah, i guess i'll come out too, since i liv downtown. Sunday is
supposed to be pretty cold though (3oC high), but whatever. My
suggestion, like always, is to meet at the UOttawa campus, but it's up
to you guys. I went riding there tonite, and most stuff was pretty
clear. Ryan could probably meet us there too, since he livs on campus.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

Old March 24th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

hey guys,
I was talking to scott, and we concluded that meeting in front of city
hall is the easiest place (you know, just across laurier). That's
pretty easy since that whole are is pretty wide open, and no one will
get lost.
anyways, I don't mean to take over the whole planning of this... but
that's my 2 cents.
tell me what you think...

-Ryan

p.s. i guess i didn't say it in this message... but i'm up for a ride,
wherever we meet.

--
m_extreme_uni

"Yeah, Gravity is bad" Leo Kottke
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

Old March 24th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I agree with the front of city hall.

It's easy to find, easy to get to and fairly central.

--
ntappin