Dirt Again

Old April 16th 07, 06:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default Dirt Again

After a break, a great way to break back in:
http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...ndpost&p=40994

JD

Old April 16th 07, 07:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

JD wrote:
After a break, a great way to break back in:
http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...ndpost&p=40994

Nice. You guys definitely had way better weather that day.

I can't believe we rode that thing in the dark with no lights or moon.

Greg
--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old April 16th 07, 07:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...c=5476&view=fi...

Nice. You guys definitely had way better weather that day.

I can't believe we rode that thing in the dark with no lights or moon.

I dunno which was scarier, in the dark where we couldn't see the
exposure, or in the light where we could?

Greg

How was the Safety Ride?

JD

Old April 16th 07, 07:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

JD wrote:
On Apr 16, 11:04 am, "G.T." wrote:
JD wrote:
After a break, a great way to break back in:
http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...c=5476&view=fi...

Nice. You guys definitely had way better weather that day.

I can't believe we rode that thing in the dark with no lights or moon.

I dunno which was scarier, in the dark where we couldn't see the
exposure, or in the light where we could?

How was the Safety Ride?

I got stuck at work til 9:30 and bailed on it.

I did get in 2 killer fixed gear rides this weekend, even took the new
fatty 1 1/4" tires off-road, barely managed a skip stop on some slippery
DG, I really don't know how those guys do it on good pavement, you
really have to unweight the rear tire.

http://www.2fortheroad.net/bikes.html

Greg

Old April 16th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 16, 11:58 am, "G.T." wrote:
JD wrote:
On Apr 16, 11:04 am, "G.T." wrote:
JD wrote:
After a break, a great way to break back in:
http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...c=5476&view=fi...
Nice. You guys definitely had way better weather that day.

I can't believe we rode that thing in the dark with no lights or moon.

I dunno which was scarier, in the dark where we couldn't see the
exposure, or in the light where we could?

How was the Safety Ride?

I got stuck at work til 9:30 and bailed on it.

I did get in 2 killer fixed gear rides this weekend, even took the new
fatty 1 1/4" tires off-road, barely managed a skip stop on some slippery
DG, I really don't know how those guys do it on good pavement, you
really have to unweight the rear tire.

http://www.2fortheroad.net/bikes.html

Greg

Riding, good. Skip stop, bad.

NV/UT was killer.

JD

Old April 17th 07, 02:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

On Apr 16, 3:42 pm, "JD" wrote:

Riding, good. Skip stop, bad.

On dirt: skip stop = skid, right? ;-)

On pavement: when the skip stop is needed, the skip stop comes on its
own. And it is good.

CC

Old April 17th 07, 08:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Apr 16, 3:42 pm, "JD" wrote:
Riding, good. Skip stop, bad.

On dirt: skip stop = skid, right? ;-)

Yep, but believe me the place I practiced is hard as cement with a
dusting of fine DG on top.

On pavement: when the skip stop is needed, the skip stop comes on its
own. And it is good.

I just ain't getting it. So I'll definitely be leaving the brakes on
the bike.

Greg

Old April 17th 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 17, 12:50 am, "G.T." wrote:
I just ain't getting it. So I'll definitely be leaving the brakes on
the bike.

I don't want it. I'll just ride over anything that gets in my way.

JD

Old April 18th 07, 08:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On Apr 16, 1:45 pm, "JD" wrote:
After a break, a great way to break back in:http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...c=5476&view=fi...

JD Thats what you say.Its been some kind of wet here since Sunday evening. Sun and dry won't come till the weekend. One good thing off.

Old April 23rd 07, 03:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

On Apr 17, 3:50 am, "G.T." wrote:

On pavement: when the skip stop is needed, the skip stop comes on its
own. And it is good.

I just ain't getting it. So I'll definitely be leaving the brakes on
the bike.

I run a brake too. But I find that when I do a real panic stop. the
skip-stop sorta happens on its own. I'm still trying to learn to do
one intentionally ;-).

CC

Dirt Almost Dry!!! Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 3 March 13th 07 12:12 AM
First Dirt in My New Home Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 13 June 28th 06 01:53 PM
RR: Actually got on some dirt MattB Mountain Biking 12 April 14th 05 06:37 PM
Dirt Uni TheoELind Unicycling 7 February 2nd 05 05:27 PM
dirt bike emily520 Rides 0 November 19th 04 07:54 AM