Old School Manitou EFC's

Old August 4th 05, 01:45 PM
db

Default Old School Manitou EFC's

Have recently bought a set of Manitou EFC's (96). My mate has a set and
they are pretty good for there age. I have a yeti ultimate with an
anodised red setup so they do look cool. This is the reason I want to
keep them, as well as 1 1/4" headtube. Anyway on rebound they are
making a clicking sound. Basically it seems that there is no rebound.
They have hardly been riden and are in near mint condition. Does
anybody know if they can be tweaked, or can oil or something be used. I
have spare elastomers etc, but they don't seem to be the problem. Im
not sure how the rebound thing works.
Any help appreciated.

Old August 4th 05, 07:56 PM
plowak

There is a rebound damping adjustment on the bottom of one of the legs, If
rebound is not working you may occasionally find a rebuild kit on ebay. I
suggest you toss your elastomeres and replace with springs, these also
you'll see on ebay, or see if these guys are still selling springs:
http://wings-suspension.de/index_e.html

Enjoy

oups.com...

Old August 5th 05, 09:28 AM
db

Thanks,
Have been looking for spring replacements for ages. Theese guys seem to
have them in stock....
Thanks Again

plowak wrote:
There is a rebound damping adjustment on the bottom of one of the legs, If
rebound is not working you may occasionally find a rebuild kit on ebay. I
suggest you toss your elastomeres and replace with springs, these also
you'll see on ebay, or see if these guys are still selling springs:
http://wings-suspension.de/index_e.html

Enjoy

oups.com...

Old August 5th 05, 11:45 AM
db

If i put springs in do I need to woory about the rebound. Or will the
springs do it all ?

plowak wrote:
There is a rebound damping adjustment on the bottom of one of the legs, If
rebound is not working you may occasionally find a rebuild kit on ebay. I
suggest you toss your elastomeres and replace with springs, these also
you'll see on ebay, or see if these guys are still selling springs:
http://wings-suspension.de/index_e.html

Enjoy

oups.com...

Old August 11th 05, 01:31 PM
db

Just to let you know, I orderd stuff of Wings, paid via paypal, but got
no confirmation. Emailed them several times with no reply. Then rang
them up, and they hung up. Have taken it up with paypal.