Another pavement motorist kills

Old April 4th 10, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Doug[_3_]

Default Another pavement motorist kills

And the motorists here have the barefaced cheek to keep banging on
about cyclists on pavements!

"Man dies as car hits Birmingham bus shelter

A pedestrian was killed when a car crashed into a bus shelter in
Birmingham.

Emergency services were called to the scene in Stratford Road, Hall
Green, on Friday morning.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said a car appeared to have hit the
bus shelter and also hit another car. The dead man was found in the
shelter.

A spokeswoman said the man was declared dead at the scene. Two women,
both motorists, were unhurt."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/8600977.stm

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old April 4th 10, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Derek C

On Apr 4, 7:18*am, Doug wrote:
And the motorists here have the barefaced cheek to keep banging on
about cyclists on pavements!

"Man dies as car hits Birmingham bus shelter

A pedestrian was killed when a car crashed into a bus shelter in
Birmingham.

Emergency services were called to the scene in Stratford Road, Hall
Green, on Friday morning.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said a car appeared to have hit the
bus shelter and also hit another car. The dead man was found in the
shelter.

A spokeswoman said the man was declared dead at the scene. Two women,
both motorists, were unhurt."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/8600977.stm

--

Sounds more like a case for banning women drivers!

Derek C
Old April 4th 10, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

"Doug" wrote in message
And the motorists here have the barefaced cheek to keep banging on
about cyclists on pavements!

"Man dies as car hits Birmingham bus shelter

A pedestrian was killed when a car crashed into a bus shelter in
Birmingham.

report snipped

And the car was being deliberately driven along the footpath in the same
manner as many cyclists use their machines was it Doug? Or, was the car
travelling along the road and the driver lose control?

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

How does this sig of yours square with your claim elsewhere that you don't
claim that all motorists are killers?

Old April 4th 10, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr. Benn[_3_]

"Doug" wrote in message
And the motorists here have the barefaced cheek to keep banging on
about cyclists on pavements!

"Man dies as car hits Birmingham bus shelter

Good stuff Doug.

I haven't heard back from you yet about whether you want to go to Santa Pod
to see the drag racing. Have you decided yet?

Old April 4th 10, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
And the motorists here have the barefaced cheek to keep banging on
about cyclists on pavements!

"Man dies as car hits Birmingham bus shelter

A pedestrian was killed when a car crashed into a bus shelter in
Birmingham.

Emergency services were called to the scene in Stratford Road, Hall
Green, on Friday morning.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said a car appeared to have hit the
bus shelter and also hit another car. The dead man was found in the
shelter.

A spokeswoman said the man was declared dead at the scene. Two women,
both motorists, were unhurt."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/8600977.stm

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

And in what way was this a deliberate action Doug, unlike footway cycling.

Oh I must have missed your report about your Christmas bin collection,
could you repost it.

--
Tony Dragon
Old April 4th 10, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Doug[_3_]

On 4 Apr, 08:46, Tony Dragon wrote:
Doug wrote:
[...]

On the exceedingly rare occasions when a cyclist kills on a pavement
that is not deliberate either.

Old April 4th 10, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
[...]

Then why did you post about vehicles on pavements & not reply to my comment?

--
Tony Dragon
Old April 4th 10, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Brimstone

Doug wrote:
[...]

Yet more distortion Doug?

Old April 4th 10, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Ret.[_2_]

Doug wrote:
And the motorists here have the barefaced cheek to keep banging on
about cyclists on pavements!

"Man dies as car hits Birmingham bus shelter

A schoolgirl was killed in a coach crash the other day. Do you want public
transport banned as well Doug?

I can also remember a pedestrian being killed by a horse drawing a cart
bolting. So that's horse-drawn transport out of the way.

We know that any number of people have been killed in cycling accidents - so
bikes are out.

Looks like it's just Shanks's Pony in your Brave New World eh?

Problem is that people have been known to die from just tripping and falling
over... Oh my god, we can't go anywhere now. We'll just have to sit at home
wrapped in cotton wool.

Kev

Old April 4th 10, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tony Dragon

Ret. wrote:
Doug wrote:
And the motorists here have the barefaced cheek to keep banging on
about cyclists on pavements!

"Man dies as car hits Birmingham bus shelter

A schoolgirl was killed in a coach crash the other day. Do you want
public transport banned as well Doug?

I can also remember a pedestrian being killed by a horse drawing a cart
bolting. So that's horse-drawn transport out of the way.

We know that any number of people have been killed in cycling accidents
- so bikes are out.

Looks like it's just Shanks's Pony in your Brave New World eh?

Problem is that people have been known to die from just tripping and
falling over... Oh my god, we can't go anywhere now. We'll just have to
sit at home wrapped in cotton wool.

Kev

You forget how many people are killed in the home.

--
Tony Dragon