Unicycle Capitalism

Old May 20th 05, 12:59 PM
pdc

Default Unicycle Capitalism

http://tinyurl.com/ck4t7

Seems like you'd need to get at least $500

--
pdc - That's my boy!
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old May 20th 05, 04:24 PM
munipsycho

His arm is going to get *seriously fatigued* carrying that sign.

I'd probably go for the sandwich board myself.

--
munipsycho - CrashTestDummies are us.

=====================
'Victory belongs now to this small tree.'
(http://munipsycho.com/stories/a_little_tree.jsp)

'The UniSkills Assessment' (http://www.munipsycho.com/uniskills_2.jsp)

I can fly too. But I can only fly down.
-Little Bear

Imagine all the people
Riding on one wheel.
J. Lennon. (paraphrased)
munipsycho's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9589

Old May 20th 05, 05:25 PM
johnfoss

Sandwich board doesn't work well on a unicycle. Especially if there's
any wind!

I look forward to seeing this auctin immortalized on The Tonight Show's
"Will it Sell" segments. My guess is zero bids.

"32 HOURS OF PROFESSIONAL UNICYCLE ADVERTISING!" But somebody might
think it's perfect for their message. Something that goes with a guy on
a unicycle.

You know, there aren't that many professional unicycle advertisers out
there. I hardly ever see one!

Gregg Vivolo also sells a little "Learning to Unicycle" book that I have
a copy of. He's a good example of the many people out in the unicycling
world that don't seem interested in getting involved with the
conventions, big clubs, or Internet communities. I've exchanged a few
emails with him. I wish him luck! The advertising places he listed swarm
with people during the summer months, and it might actually work. If it
does, there could be work for other starving unicyclists out there!

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old May 20th 05, 06:57 PM
forrestunifreak

Haha that is very funny.

I wonder if anyone will give him lots of money for it.

--
forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

"You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

~Y.C. tv

'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

Old May 20th 05, 07:20 PM
leo

johnfoss wrote:
*Sandwich board doesn't work well on a unicycle. Especially if there's
any wind! *

Depends which direction you want to go, and how good your gliding skills
are.

--
leo - Leo Vandewoestijne

'+1 866-UNI-CYCL' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'Subscribe' (http://unicyclist.org/blog/rss2.xml) to 'unicyclist.org'
(http://unicyclist.org/)!
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old May 27th 05, 12:18 AM
unipsychler

Hey John,
Gregg Vivolo here! A funny thing happened tonight... I googled my name
and stumbled accross your thread about my eBay advertisment for 32 HOURS
OF PROFESSIONAL UNICYCLE ADVERTISING. The idea was spawned when I saw
all the press about the gal who ran the auction to advertise on her
body. Her auction yielded about $13,000 but I hear she's having trouble
receiving payment.

I figured if there are people stupid enough to pay that sum of money to
advertise on a womans body then there must be people out there that
would be smart enough to pay at lease $500 to advertise using a
unicyclist. Well, as you can see from the fact there are only 3 days
left and zero bids, I guess I was wrong.

I'm encouraged that there have been close to 300 hits to my auction and
there are a number of people who have added me to their "watch" list
(all of which I believe are among the unicycling community).

You stated in your thread "He's a good example of the many people out in
the unicycling world that don't seem interested in getting involved with
the conventions, big clubs, or Internet communities." I was wondering
if you can digress on this. I'm very interested in participating in
these and was wondering if you can share some info with me on these. If
you no longer have my email address it's
.

Thanks,
UniPsychler

www.ridetheunicycle.com

--
unipsychler
unipsychler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9338

Old May 27th 05, 02:43 AM
DK

why would anyone want to advertise with a unicycler when they could
advertise with 'this guy' (http://tinyurl.com/ch2pw)

--
DK - my hands are like knees

\"time to sex up your mothers!\" -theobieone3226
\"what does derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......... mean\" - brockfisher05

DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Generous Gift of a Unicycle Tmornstar Unicycling 2 May 5th 05 02:18 PM
surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 07:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM