Track Worlds SBS 7pm Tonight

Old May 29th 04, 02:45 PM
hippy

Default Track Worlds SBS 7pm Tonight

Originally posted by Blah Mike Tomalaris does not know Jack **** about
pro cycling.

I dunno, he does okay I thought. I'd be stuffed trying to do live TV and
remember everyone's names. I mean, track is less popular than road for a
start and at the Worlds you've got riders from many countries - it's
gotta be a tough job. Compared to Les "ucL Track Worlds" Murray he's
pretty good value. Anyway, I'd rather see something than nothing and I
thank SBS for providing this coverage.

Ask yourself this... Would you rather see Daryl Eastlake or Bruce
McAvaney in the commentary positions? :S

hippy

Old May 29th 04, 03:11 PM
DRS

"hippy" wrote in message

Originally posted by Blah Mike Tomalaris does not know Jack ****
about pro cycling.

I dunno, he does okay I thought. I'd be stuffed trying to do live TV
and remember everyone's names. I mean, track is less popular than
road for a start and at the Worlds you've got riders from many
countries - it's gotta be a tough job. Compared to Les "ucL Track
Worlds" Murray he's pretty good value. Anyway, I'd rather see
something than nothing and I thank SBS for providing this coverage.

Ask yourself this... Would you rather see Daryl Eastlake or Bruce
McAvaney in the commentary positions? :S

Ohmygod, Daryl Eastlake - the only commentator ever to be thrown out of a
*weightlifting* competition for the disruption his inability to control
himself caused. At least McAvaney is a professional.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old May 30th 04, 01:30 AM
hippy

Just for anyone reading this.. the SBS coverage starts at 12pm accordin
to my guide. My ticket says 1pm though?

Looks like I am going to miss out on taping an hour of it (stupid, onl
4hr tapes, no long play, blah, blah..

hipp

-

Old May 30th 04, 03:56 AM
blah

"DRS" wrote in message ...

Ask yourself this... Would you rather see Daryl Eastlake or Bruce
McAvaney in the commentary positions? :S

Ohmygod, Daryl Eastlake - the only commentator ever to be thrown out of a
*weightlifting* competition for the disruption his inability to control
himself caused. At least McAvaney is a professional.

Yep, for mine, the difference between Mike Tomalris and Bruce would be
that Bruce is a know nothing prat who would bother to find out before
going to air. You can tell in most of his jobs that he has done a
truckload of research beforehand (the fact you can tell he has is NOT
a positive, though). MT doesn't seem to have done much, or if he has,
it all goes out the window when he's on air.
Old May 30th 04, 10:48 AM
Marty Wallace

"blah" wrote in message
om...
"DRS" wrote in message

Ask yourself this... Would you rather see Daryl Eastlake or Bruce
McAvaney in the commentary positions? :S

Ohmygod, Daryl Eastlake - the only commentator ever to be thrown out of

*weightlifting* competition for the disruption his inability to control
himself caused. At least McAvaney is a professional.

Yep, for mine, the difference between Mike Tomalris and Bruce would be
that Bruce is a know nothing prat who would bother to find out before
going to air. You can tell in most of his jobs that he has done a
truckload of research beforehand (the fact you can tell he has is NOT
a positive, though). MT doesn't seem to have done much, or if he has,
it all goes out the window when he's on air.

Why don't you just go and slash your wrists and be done with it!

Marty

Old May 30th 04, 03:00 PM
hippy

I still think SBS did a good job with such a tricky thing to handle.
mean, live tv for 5 days isn't exactly a cup of tea is it

I think we should all write to sbs and thank them for bothering to cove
it. If they get a good response, they'll be more likely to do it again

BTW, they are broadcasting these events in the near future

Tour Du Languedoc Roussillon: Sunday 20 June – Highlights 11:00a

Retro Tour de France (A Cycling Central Presentation): 6, 13, 20 & 2
June In the lead up to this year’s Tour de France (4-26 July), enjoy
Cycling Central presentation of "Retro Tour de France" - four episode
of highlights from the Tours of 1997-2000 with special focus on the ke
classic stages and performances that defined each particular year. Chec
local guides for schedule details - Sunday 6, 13, 20 & 27 Jun

Tour de France: Sunday 4 July – Monday 26 July Check local guide
for detail

hipp
- Yes, I've emailed them a nice piece of ass-kissing already ;-

-

Old May 30th 04, 11:59 PM
Shane Stanley

In article ,
hippy wrote:

I still think SBS did a good job with such a tricky thing to handle. I
mean, live tv for 5 days isn't exactly a cup of tea is it?

It certainly doesn't pay to think of what one of the commercial stations
would have made of it, with umpteen times SBS's tiny budget. I just wish
Les wouldn't look so bored; his attempt yesterday to "go to a break"
straight after coming back from one looked Freudian.

Then they followed up with their sports program at 6 o'clock, where the
report on the Giro made no mention of McGee's top-10 performance. Hell,
the guy even finished in the top 10 in the mountains classification. Am
I the only person excited to see an Australian doing well on GC in a
Grand Tour?

--
Shane Stanley