I browsed, I rode, I bought.

Old September 12th 05, 08:47 PM
Bill Henry

Default I browsed, I rode, I bought.

Ken M wrote:
Actually I browsed, I rode, I browsed some more, I rode some more and
then I browsed more and then finally after 6 test rides I bought. I
saved the bike I had the highest expections of until last to test ride.
So after spending like 4 hours and two bike shops later, I finally
decided on a hybrid, but not the Trek that I thought was great. I got a
better Raliegh at the same price. I did NOT get the twist / grip
shifters, I got the rapid fire type I think they are called. And I did
get cable disc brakes, I don't know much about them, but I do know that
they stop on a dime. Almost went over the bars when I was test riding
the bike, the guy laughed a bit and said yeah they stop good. I'll say!

So for all those who gave advise on my first 'new' bike purchase,
thanks, I think I did pretty well and think I will enjoy the bike.

Ken

Congrats, Ken!

Now all you need to do is ride it a lot and figure out ways to make it
even better for you.

Enjoy.

Old September 12th 05, 10:27 PM
Paul Hobson

catzz66 wrote:
Ken M wrote:

[snippage]

And I did
get cable disc brakes, I don't know much about them, but I do know that
they stop on a dime. Almost went over the bars when I was test riding
the bike, the guy laughed a bit and said yeah they stop good. I'll say!

So for all those who gave advise on my first 'new' bike purchase,
thanks, I think I did pretty well and think I will enjoy the bike.

Ken

Glad you found something you liked. Yep, going over the bars is highly
overrated.

yeah, I'm totally over endos. so last spring.

--
Paul M. Hobson
Georgia Institute of Technology

Old September 12th 05, 10:39 PM
Bill Sornson

Ken M wrote:
Actually I browsed, I rode, I browsed some more, I rode some more and
then I browsed more and then finally after 6 test rides I bought. I
saved the bike I had the highest expections of until last to test
ride. So after spending like 4 hours and two bike shops later, I
finally decided on a hybrid, but not the Trek that I thought was
great. I got a better Raliegh at the same price. I did NOT get the
twist / grip shifters, I got the rapid fire type I think they are
called. And I did get cable disc brakes, I don't know much about
them, but I do know that they stop on a dime. Almost went over the
bars when I was test riding the bike, the guy laughed a bit and said
yeah they stop good. I'll say!

So for all those who gave advise on my first 'new' bike purchase,
thanks, I think I did pretty well and think I will enjoy the bike.

I heard they were just recalled by the CPSC.

{pause}

GOTCHA!

eg eg

(Enjoy the new bike!)

Old September 12th 05, 10:43 PM
jj

http://www.raleighusa.com/dept.asp?deptid=11

One of these?

jj

Old September 12th 05, 10:49 PM
Ken M

http://www.raleighusa.com/dept.asp?deptid=11

One of these?

No one of these:
http://www.raleighusa.com/items.asp?...temid=228&va=0

Ken

Old September 12th 05, 10:51 PM
Ken M

GOTCHA!

Dirty Rotten Scoundral

LOL

Ken

Old September 12th 05, 11:26 PM
wafflycat

"Ken M" wrote in message
oups.com...

So for all those who gave advise on my first 'new' bike purchase,
thanks, I think I did pretty well and think I will enjoy the bike.

Ken

here's hoping you have much happy pedalling on your new purchase.

Cheers, helen s

Old September 13th 05, 06:26 PM
Fritz M

Ken M wrote:
I think I did pretty well and think I will enjoy the bike.

Alrighty, Ken. Get out and enjoy the riding!

RFM