A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a mountain bike in Brooklyn

Old October 23rd 11, 06:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a mountain bike in Brooklyn

On Oct 23, 9:39*am, Jym Dyer wrote:
| A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a mountain
| bike in Brooklyn.

=v= I figured this to be an instance of the media just using
the words "mountain bike" for something that doesn't have
drop handlebars. *There's no mountain biking _per_se_ in that
part of Brooklyn; the nearest wildlife area is a salt marsh.

=v= The surveillance camera snapshot in this story confirmed
my suspicion:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...1-10-23_slay_s...

* * _Jym_

No, it doesn't. Children's bikes these days are mostly small versions
of mountain bikes, as this one is. Manufacturers obviously think that
the mountain bike style will be popular. They have no ethical
standards whatsoever -- just like you.
Old October 23rd 11, 08:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
VtSkier[_2_]

On 10/21/2011 6:00 PM, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
any YET!

Mike

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8400253

Web produced by Jennifer Matarese, Eyewitness News

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a
mountain bike in Brooklyn.

The woman was shot several times and left for dead in the Brighton
Beach section.

Police came to the victim's apartment on Surf Avenue Thursday night.

Sources say her boyfriend was home and that he is cooperating with the
investigators as the hunt is on for her killer.

Detectives worked the neighborhood Thursday night piecing together
every possible clue.

The victim was at the corner of West 2nd Street and Sea Breeze Avenue
in Brighton Beach just before noon.

Witnesses say a man in his 50's on a mountain bike approached her,
shot her several times in the torso, and then peddled away.

Eyewitness News doesn't know what 65-year-old Alla Kamenex was doing
here.

Paramedics rushed her to Coney Island Hospital where she was
pronounced dead.

It was a violent scene that neighbors can't believe happened on their
quiet block.

"I'm surprised this happened here. It's not a usual thing and the time
it happened is not usual time," said Willy McCall, a resident.

"It's scary because we all have children. It's just so scary," another
resident said.

Kamenex lived at 601 Surf Avenue, less than a mile away from where she
was gunned down.

Police sources say that detectives came and found her 70-year-old
boyfriend in her apartment.

Investigators are speaking to him and sources say he is fully
cooperating.

Neither Kamenev nor her boyfriend have arrest histories.

So far no arrests have been made.

Certainly you haven't found a mountain biker in this
story. It's almost as hard to mountain bike in Brooklyn
as it is in Queens.

What you have found is the alleged perpetrator of a violent
crime (not a criminal yet because he hasn't been to court)
who happens to ride a mountain bike. In Brooklyn of all
places.
Old October 25th 11, 02:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak 44

Default Hiker Responsible For The Deaths Of Fifty Million People

On Oct 23, 3:04*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Oct 22, 8:26*pm, Kayak 44 wrote:

On Oct 22, 6:28*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Oct 22, 12:04*pm, Bob Berger wrote:

In article ,
Mike Vandeman says...

Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
any YET!

Mike

Hitler was an avid hiker, spending many hours hiking the trails around
Berchtesgaden for example.

Mike isn't the only one who can play the "guilt by association" game...

Only because the mountain bike hadn't been invented yet. If mountain
biking had been invented, Hitler would have been a mountain biker,
since he matches their hatred and belligerence. He would have had
spikes on his tires and run over non-mountain bikers. He would have
fit right in to their outlaw, criminal culture. Just like mountain
biker George Bush....

Mike, please don't kill someone. It's the next logical step in your
criminal career, but you'll get raped much harder in prison than the
county jail. Think about that before you murder someone.

One wonders where your obsession with being sodomized came from. Were
you a sexually abused child? Or the abusER?

Neither. I'm just a concerned citizen looking out for the safety and
welfare of criminals like you.
Old October 28th 11, 01:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

On Oct 21, 9:13*pm, Kayak 44 wrote:
On Oct 21, 6:00*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
any YET!

Mike

Hey, you're a criminal too. Convicted of a crime and have a record.

Using your logic, *I guess you'll be murdering someone next.

Mikey has no more logic than Spongebob Squarepants - and far less
appeal.
Old November 3rd 11, 04:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Jym Dyer

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...irls_bike.html

No, it doesn't. Children's bikes these days are mostly small
versions of mountain bikes, as this one is. Manufacturers
obviously think that the mountain bike style will be popular.

=v= I guess you didn't even bother to look at the photo, which
clearly shows a pink bike with no off-road/macho trappings at
all. Indeed, I'd say the style is closer to what you advocated
in this letter 18 years ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...74917ee98df661

=v= I've dealt with New York City media and police over these
issues, including the seizure of large numbersof bicycles
during Critical Mass, and know of which I speak: they use the
words "mountain bike" to mean anything that doesn't have drop
handlebars.

They have no ethical standards whatsoever -- just like you.

=v= Just like me? You mean the guy who's defended your right
to free speech for the last two decades, however unpopular?
I'm just trying to keep you from barking up the wrong tree.
_Jym_
Old December 30th 11, 02:54 AM
JaxRhapsody JaxRhapsody is offline
Junior Member

Location: Louisville, KY
Send a message via MSN to JaxRhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to JaxRhapsody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jym Dyer View Post
[...]

You people are ****ing idiots. How does somebody using a mountainbike automatically mean he's a mountain biker? Thats why I don't post here often because of the road bike/fixie riders who think lowly of any other type of bike/biker.
The Jax Rhapsody, Rhapsodic Laviathan. Man behind the fro with tinted sunglasses.