Winter Riding

Old July 12th 03, 06:54 PM
Bran

Default Winter Riding

"Peter Cole" spake thusly on or about Sat, 12 Jul
2003 17:18:09 UTC

- The thing about Nokians is that they use tungsten carbide studs, so they last
- a very long time. Cheaper tires often use hardened steel which wears out
- pretty fast on pavement. Nokians are worth the $$ if you ride on the road a
- lot.

from what have seen the ones my lbs makes up are good for at least 4
seasons. at $80 a set cdn for 26" tyres the Nokians would need to last a
very long time to be a similar value.

I am sure that the Nokians have their place and that there they are worth
the price but I do not see typical commuting being that niche application.
that said what one wants and likes is what always makes the difference.

--
I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head
start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?