H*lm*t LAW article - West Australian

Old March 30th 06, 02:57 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default H*lm*t LAW article - West Australian

On 2006-03-30, Stuart Lamble (aka Bruce)
On 2006-03-30, cfsmtb wrote:
Another evil idea. Actually, think again, it's probably a good one.
Who's putting down "Cyclist" as their religion on the census?

Well, I was planning on putting "Pastafarian" ...

Of course. Almost completely forgot.

Hmmm, between cyclist and pastafarian, could be a difficult choice.
But really, the choice is obvious.

I worship His noodly appendage.

--
TimC
Probably best see a real doctor and not take too much diagnostic advice
Old March 30th 06, 03:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-03-30, Resound (aka Bruce)

"Euan" wrote in message
Dorre wrote:
Friday wrote:
"There was also a talk on the ABC radio today and it was stated that at
the same time they brought in the helmet laws they also changed the
definition of head injuries to include facial injuries ( which weren't
included originally)."

I wonder who said that? What makes people so keen to defend helmet
laws that they just make up plausible explanations without a shred of
evidence?

Even if true thatmeans that helmets are fundamentally flawed in their
design as I demonstrated quite ably with my faceplant in SexyLand car park
about a year ago. Not a scratch on the helmet :-)

So what you're saying is that your face saved your helmet's life?

My last faceplant saw various parts of the front of my skull cracked,
but only some very minor scratches on the top front of the helmet. I
still retired the helmet for safety.

P.S. Siggy wants some food.

--
TimC
A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect
Old March 31st 06, 12:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle

My last faceplant saw various parts of the front of my skull cracked,
but only some very minor scratches on the top front of the helmet. I
still retired the helmet for safety.

P.S. Siggy wants some food.

--
TimC
A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect
the fuse by blowing first. --unknown

Are you not scared when you write a sentance like, 'my last faceplant'?

Old March 31st 06, 01:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC wrote:

My last faceplant saw various parts of the front of my skull cracked,
but only some very minor scratches on the top front of the helmet. I
still retired the helmet for safety.

You replaced a mildly scratched helmet that did nothing to protect you so
you could feel safe again? That's faith!

Theo

Old March 31st 06, 04:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Terry Collins Wrote:

P.S. I'll join the atheist - jedi - bicyclist movement {:-)

Obi-Wan Kenobi now rides a fully pimped Kona Stinky Delux.

Convert now to the One True Faith.

--
cfsmtb

Old March 31st 06, 04:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-03-30, Terry Collins (aka Bruce)
I wouldn't worry about it. For the last 5(?) months I've given widely
different figures for employment on their phone survey. It all started
over "and how many hours does she do at her usual place of employment"?

"she doesn't have a usual place of employment, she is casual. She waits
by the phone each morning to see who telephones for work"
then we get the question again.

I really must know a very skewed sample of society. So many people I
know, are working casual, and have done so for decades.

And yet, anyone contracted by the government doesn't seem to
understand the existance of a casual workforce.

I also note that unempoyment rates do not include part time and casual
workers, even for those looking for more secure employment, and do not
include those looking for part time work. (I'm sure this is why the
unemployment rate has gone down since a change of definition soon
after 1996).

Hell, centrelink deny all existance of the TimC. Waaah!

Needless to say I've lost my temper quiet a few times and no longer care
if you're only doing your job (all indian accents btw).

Note: do not say "I don't care if you are 'juust doin' maaa job,
maam'" to an airport security droid.

And if anyone here works for ABS, how about you suggest they redo their
survey questions to removel questions designed to generate certain answers.

Heh.

--
TimC
I am very new to programming drivers so if I sound un-knowledgeable then it's
Old April 1st 06, 01:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:
Terry Collins Wrote:

P.S. I'll join the atheist - jedi - bicyclist movement {:-)

Obi-Wan Kenobi now rides a fully pimped Kona Stinky Delux.

Convert now to the One True Faith.

EEEEEEKKKK, I knew this would happen. SCHISMs already.
Screw the lycra,
Screw Stinky.
Unless your bicycle is a 14 year old POS, then you are not a true
believer {:-).

Repent and come back to the true faith {:-).