Frankenstein's Kitchen P0rn

Old June 18th 07, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Choppy

Default Frankenstein's Kitchen P0rn

Rob Morley wrote:
I see you went for the recessed titanium neck bolts. :-)

A wise choice.
The NHS/Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative Private Finance Initiative was
too teriible to contemplate:

http://www.brendanashbrook.pwp.bluey...uk/headset.jpg

Old June 18th 07, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roos Eisma

Uncle Choppy writes:

Rob Morley wrote:
I see you went for the recessed titanium neck bolts. :-)

A wise choice.
The NHS/Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative Private Finance Initiative was
too teriible to contemplate:

http://www.brendanashbrook.pwp.bluey...uk/headset.jpg

Now that would be the perfect solution to get Pete a couple of inches
taller. He keeps refusing my suggestion of breaking his legs and then
using one of those contraptions that gradually moves the bones apart while
they try to grow back together.

Roos
Old June 18th 07, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Roos Eisma wrote:
Uncle Choppy writes:

Rob Morley wrote:
I see you went for the recessed titanium neck bolts. :-)

A wise choice.
The NHS/Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative Private Finance Initiative was
too teriible to contemplate:

http://www.brendanashbrook.pwp.bluey...uk/headset.jpg

Now that would be the perfect solution to get Pete a couple of inches
taller. He keeps refusing my suggestion of breaking his legs and then
using one of those contraptions that gradually moves the bones apart while
they try to grow back together.

I was thinking of just a QR so I could grow and shrink at will, but
recent news shows I wouldn't be able to go to New Jersey any more.

lightbulbBing!/lightbulb
In which case it's an even better idea...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old June 18th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Choppy

Roos Eisma wrote:
Now that would be the perfect solution to get Pete a couple of inches
taller. He keeps refusing my suggestion of breaking his legs and then
using one of those contraptions that gradually moves the bones apart while
they try to grow back together.

Thinking about it, that would be a perfect (if painful) solution to my
problem.

I am a short man (5'7") with very short legs (think of a large, fat
monkey with a bald head and you're pretty much there).
I recently had a lot of trouble finding a bike to fit (ended up with a
15" frame Marin).
I therefore dream of the cheap cycling choices that are available to
all those regular-sized folks out there.

Having said that, I would probably go for the security skewers over
the quick-release option to prevent being stranded in town after
having my legs stolen.

Brendan

Old June 21st 07, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ambrose Nankivell

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 10:26 +0100, wafflycat wrote:
"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
in message , Roos Eisma
') wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8895225...7600356991135/

New Bike and New Head!

Looks very like the head you had before... I mean, if why go in for
cosmetic surgery /that/ radical, if you're not going to change anything?

The simple answer is, Simon, that whilst in the operation it was finally
realised that it was not possible to improve upon perfection, so Roos was
put back to her perfect self

Actually, no. Her head was taken off, and left completely intact, apart
from her skull, which was replaced by polystyrene foam, in order to
protect her against leg injury.

Old June 21st 07, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roos Eisma

') wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8895225...7600356991135/

New Bike and New Head!

Looks very like the head you had before... I mean, if why go in for
cosmetic surgery /that/ radical, if you're not going to change anything?

The simple answer is, Simon, that whilst in the operation it was finally
realised that it was not possible to improve upon perfection, so Roos was
put back to her perfect self

Actually, no. Her head was taken off, and left completely intact, apart
from her skull, which was replaced by polystyrene foam, in order to
protect her against leg injury.

My story at graduation tomorrow will be that my head was full and they had
to take it off to clear out all the things I learned that I won't be
needing anymore.

Roos
Old June 21st 07, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot

') wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8895225...7600356991135/

New Bike and New Head!

Looks very like the head you had before... I mean, if why go in for
cosmetic surgery /that/ radical, if you're not going to change anything?

The simple answer is, Simon, that whilst in the operation it was finally
realised that it was not possible to improve upon perfection, so Roos was
put back to her perfect self

Actually, no. Her head was taken off, and left completely intact, apart

from her skull, which was replaced by polystyrene foam, in order to

protect her against leg injury.

My story at graduation tomorrow will be that my head was full and they had
to take it off to clear out all the things I learned that I won't be
needing anymore.

Tell 'em you've passed your brain to an undergrad who needs it more than
you.
Old June 21st 07, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Roos Eisma wrote:

My story at graduation tomorrow will be that my head was full and they had
to take it off to clear out all the things I learned that I won't be
needing anymore.

yes, but when your head becomes full, it automatically
pushes out old information to make way for new information.
e.g. today i learned something new at work, but it seems i
have forgotten how to operate a shift key.

martin.
Old June 22nd 07, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Martin Dann wrote on 21/06/2007 22:55 +0100:
Roos Eisma wrote:

My story at graduation tomorrow will be that my head was full and they
had to take it off to clear out all the things I learned that I won't
be needing anymore.

yes, but when your head becomes full, it automatically pushes out old
information to make way for new information.
e.g. today i learned something new at work, but it seems i have
forgotten how to operate a shift key.

The other way round - the old stuff clogs up all the space and there is
no room left for new facts. Which is why I can't remember the name of
the person I met yesterday but at the weekend I was easily able to help
my daughter's thermodynamics revision even though I've not touched it
since University

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old June 22nd 07, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Tony Raven wrote:

The other way round - the old stuff clogs up all the space and there is
no room left for new facts. Which is why I can't remember the name of
the person I met yesterday but at the weekend I was easily able to help
my daughter's thermodynamics revision even though I've not touched it
since University

My memory has far more sophisticated algorithms than that. It
processes incoming new information and if it's the sort of fact
that I can reproduce with no particular usefulness (especially if
it's sort of geeky and anal sounding) then it's stored, but if it's
something important then it's straight in the bucket. Older
information is occasionally sorted and retained or destroyed by
similar rules

Hence I can tell you the tear strength of various tent flysheet
fabrics and what kept Vienna off the top of the charts in the early
80s, but would be pretty hard pushed to differentiate something
from first principles any more, and can't remember what I went to
the shops for.

Pete.

Classroom P0rn Tom Crispin UK 6 April 21st 07 10:21 AM
More kitchen p0rn Bronzie UK 14 October 31st 06 07:54 PM
commuter p0rn flyingdutch Australia 34 October 17th 06 09:58 AM
weight weenies go nuts with carbon-p0rn flyingdutch Australia 26 July 21st 05 01:14 AM
My bike p0rn... Gemma Kernich Australia 27 December 13th 04 01:19 PM