unicycle for chirst

Old May 4th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default unicycle for chirst

James_Potter wrote:

I think, you (and everyone else) needs to figure out that Christians
and other religious people think of atheists, the same way atheists
think of Christians et al. Christians think you are misinformed,
blind, closed minded, and completely wrong. Is that not how you think
of Christians?

There is a difference; science is based on *actual evidence* that the
religious, if they truly have open minds, can look at and verify for
themselves. Many religious people manage to stay religious without
making unverifiable claims about the origin of the planet or the
species which are at odds with the evidence. It is when the religious
begin to manipulate *truth* that I take issue with their belief.

--
tholub

Old May 4th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah, the church has been extremely dumb with cases such as Galileo.
Nobody is saying the church is perfect.

Scientists once thought that the world was flat, untill Columbus took a
look in the bible and found that it says the world is a globe hung on
nothing. Matthew Murray discovered ocean currents form a bible verse
speaking of the "paths of the sea."

The church is made of people, it is not infallible. People screw up.
But that doesn't make truth less true. Discrediting creation and
intelligent design as religeously driven propaganda is bad science.

Good science questions. It questions everything INCLUDING evolution.
Too many scientists today assume evolution is true, and ignore anything
that says otherwise. I have questioned, and I have found that my faith
is not based on fairy tales, but rather truth. By simply attributing
creation to religeous beliefs, you are practicing bad science. It is no
longer a religeon Vs. science question, rather it is two different
interpretations of scientific data.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763

Old May 4th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

uni57 wrote:
Not trivial. Unicycling is what he loves to do. He presumably
dedicates a lot of time and effort to be the very best unicyclist he
can be. He derives great joy and happiness from unicycling.
Unicycling is a BIG part of his life.

I'm sure making ice cubes is an equally large part of his life.

--
koebwil

"I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
'come to my gallery.' (http://tinyurl.com/qssag)
I'm on 'my space' (http://www.myspace.com/73602024) now too
koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

Old May 4th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I have a question, for you people that believe god created the universe
and stuff, where do you think god came from? and what do you think he
is?
I could be wrong but wasn't the bible written at a time when alcohol
was getting really popular?

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
(See a pattern?)

Old May 4th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

madmattunipro wrote:
Yeah, the church has been extremely dumb with cases such as Galileo.
Nobody is saying the church is perfect.

Scientists once thought that the world was flat, untill Columbus took a
look in the bible and found that it says the world is a globe hung on
nothing. Matthew Murray discovered ocean currents form a bible verse
speaking of the "paths of the sea."

That's complete nonsense. No one educated in Columbus' day thought
that the earth was flat (including Columbus), and the knowledge of the
roundness of the earth didn't come from the Bible.

madmattunipro wrote:

The church is made of people, it is not infallible. People screw up.
But that doesn't make truth less true. Discrediting creation and
intelligent design as religeously driven propaganda is bad science.

Good science questions. It questions everything INCLUDING evolution.
Too many scientists today assume evolution is true, and ignore anything
that says otherwise. I have questioned, and I have found that my faith
is not based on fairy tales, but rather truth. By simply attributing
creation to religeous beliefs, you are practicing bad science. It is no
longer a religeon Vs. science question, rather it is two different
interpretations of scientific data.

The idea of intelligent design as a valid interpretation of scientific
data has been rejected by every important scientific journal and
institute. It has also now been rejected by the U.S. court system (as
I noted, by a Bush-appointed church-going judge).

You're clearly not equipped to argue your own point, but let me ask you
this; how is ID falsifiable? That is, what scientific evidence could
appear which would refute the idea of ID?

--
tholub

Old May 4th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I uno just trying to add church with unicycling.. dosent seem right..

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

Old May 4th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

How come? I am christian, but i'm not gonna waste my time debating if
what i believe in is right or wrong, provable or not, tis what I
believe in, and that's all that matters.

On topic to what you said though, What do you unicycle for? for
yourself? for fun? cause its different? its the only thing you've ever
been really been able to be good at? i bet there are tons of reasons
why one, like you and me, unicycle. But for the religious types out
there, like me, i can proudly say i ride for Christ, i can also proudly
say I ride for fun or any other reason.

Its kinda weird, I could of made a thread asking for people that ride
their unicycles for icecream to join up for a fun group, and get no
negativity or huge debates, but when you throw in a religious topic,
everything goes downhill from there.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ!~*~

'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz)

Old May 4th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

fun g.. I dont mind christian ppl.. but there's a limit to everything..
I mean I like beer.. do you see me making threads about unicycling for
beer ? no cauz thats pushing it to far.. (in my opinion anyways)

Old May 4th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

maxisback wrote:
fun g.. I dont mind christian ppl.. but there's a limit to everything..
I mean I like beer.. do you see me making threads about unicycling for
beer ? no cauz thats pushing it to far.. (in my opinion anyways)

Exactly, that's your opinion =p To me, it feels good to ride for
Christ, just like a warm fuzzy feeling.

Think of it this way, you have a best friend that has been unicycling
with you for the past 10 years, he ends up dying. Everyday after that,
not only are you unicycling for yourself and fun, but your unicycling
for your friend, some people will be like "who cares, he is dead, it
doesn't matter" but to you, it would matter. well, they probably
wouldnt say that, but you know what i mean, I hope.

Christianity is something i strongly believe in, even though I'm kinda
new to it all, to others it is weird to hear that i ride for Christ, to
me its perfectly fine =p