Landis and testosterone

Old September 10th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

Default Landis and testosterone

On Sep 10, 12:11 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

A compact bike frame, to me, appears as one not fitting together
correctly. Maybe I should go into the bike frame business. Bikers
don't even seem to notice.

I still don't understand why the top tube angle makes any difference, except for frame mass. But what do I know....

It looks odd -- like my shed frame construction.

Do frame pumps stay and fit well in compact frames? For "classic"
geometry, there was a peg for the obtuse angle and a the seat-top
angle was acute.

I suppose it doesn't matter for carbon frames -- they need straps to
hold the pump. I hate that. Lame-o.

Old September 11th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jay Hill

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
I suppose it doesn't matter for carbon frames -- they need straps to
hold the pump. I hate that. Lame-o.

Where did that come from? My cf Look 381 holds a generic frame pump
under the top tube just fine (without a strap), and it could also hold a
pump along the seat tube.

Old September 11th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Jay Hill wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
I suppose it doesn't matter for carbon frames -- they need straps to
hold the pump. I hate that. Lame-o.

Where did that come from? My cf Look 381 holds a generic frame pump
under the top tube just fine (without a strap), and it could also hold a
pump along the seat tube.

The material doesn't matter. I have an aluminum Fondreist with carbon
rear triangle and there's no room for a pump. But with CO2 cartridges,
who carries a pump anymore?
Old September 11th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Kyle Legate wrote:

Jay Hill wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
I suppose it doesn't matter for carbon frames -- they need straps to
hold the pump. I hate that. Lame-o.

Where did that come from? My cf Look 381 holds a generic frame pump
under the top tube just fine (without a strap), and it could also
hold a pump along the seat tube.

The material doesn't matter. I have an aluminum Fondreist with carbon
rear triangle and there's no room for a pump. But with CO2 cartridges,
who carries a pump anymore?

With N2O cartridges, who needs a bicycle?

--
Bill Asher
Old September 11th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Kyle Legate wrote:

The material doesn't matter. I have an aluminum Fondreist with carbon
rear triangle and there's no room for a pump. But with CO2 cartridges,
who carries a pump anymore?

CO2 + cell phone?

Harumph. I'll stick with my Topeak Morph.

Dan

Old September 12th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
On 09/11/2007 11:50 AM, in article , "Kyle
Legate" wrote:

But with CO2 cartridges,
who carries a pump anymore?

People who prefer to keep extra CO2 out of the atmosphere?

Stop breathing then.
Old September 12th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Howard Kveck wrote:
There's also the possibilty that one might have more flats than cartridges.

You get some pretty small pumps that fit in a jersey pocket these
days for emergencies like that. They work pretty reasonably,
you can get your tyres up to 80 psi or so if you don't mind a
a bit of PT (particularly helpful training for people who don't
have a scintillating social life).

You can make your CO2 cartridges go a lot longer (and reduce
your carbon footprint for the anal retentive) if you just use the
CO2 to top up the tyre after first pumping it up with one of these.
A CO2 dispenser with a pressure gauge would be nice though.