For the Taylor Phinney fans

Old May 27th 11, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Default For the Taylor Phinney fans

Take note that Peter Stetina is sitting at 23rd on gc, 3rd
in the young rider competition.

If you look at the history of riders that are good in grand
tours, they look like Peter Stetina much more than like
Taylor Phinney. Taylor's parents should have told him to
stop growing once he got as tall as his dad. I blame his mom
for this, she's taller than his dad too.

The Stetina kid has a future in stage races. The Phinney kid
doesn't except for prologues. Tomorrow's stage will tell us
a lot about Stetina.

Old May 27th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fred Flintstein wrote:
Take note that Peter Stetina is sitting at 23rd on gc, 3rd
in the young rider competition.

If you look at the history of riders that are good in grand
tours, they look like Peter Stetina much more than like
Taylor Phinney. Taylor's parents should have told him to
stop growing once he got as tall as his dad. I blame his mom
for this, she's taller than his dad too.

The Stetina kid has a future in stage races. The Phinney kid
doesn't except for prologues. Tomorrow's stage will tell us
a lot about Stetina.

Anyway as a non-Amerikan I might suggest in the young US riders stakes
Van Garderen (with a name like that he should be riding for Rabobank) is
more promising than either of the above.
Old May 27th 11, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ben Trovato

On May 27, 9:29*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
Take note that Peter Stetina is sitting at 23rd on gc, 3rd
in the young rider competition.

If you look at the history of riders that are good in grand
tours, they look like Peter Stetina much more than like
Taylor Phinney. Taylor's parents should have told him to
stop growing once he got as tall as his dad. I blame his mom
for this, she's taller than his dad too.

The Stetina kid has a future in stage races. The Phinney kid
doesn't except for prologues. Tomorrow's stage will tell us
a lot about Stetina.

No doubt the older Cancellarae should have given the same advice to
young Fabien before he ruined his career.
Old May 27th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 5/27/2011 3:06 PM, Simply Fred wrote:
Fred Flintstein wrote:
Take note that Peter Stetina is sitting at 23rd on gc, 3rd
in the young rider competition.

If you look at the history of riders that are good in grand
tours, they look like Peter Stetina much more than like
Taylor Phinney. Taylor's parents should have told him to
stop growing once he got as tall as his dad. I blame his mom
for this, she's taller than his dad too.

The Stetina kid has a future in stage races. The Phinney kid
doesn't except for prologues. Tomorrow's stage will tell us
a lot about Stetina.

Anyway as a non-Amerikan I might suggest in the young US riders stakes
Van Garderen (with a name like that he should be riding for Rabobank) is
more promising than either of the above.

Yes, 3rd in last year's Dauphine was a good result. And his placing
in the Vuelta also, especially at his age.

Tomorrow will tell us a lot about Stetina. The Giro is a more
competitive race than the Vuelta and Stetina is on track for a
better result than Van Garderen got in Spain. If he can crack
the top 20 then he will have earned a drink in Milan.

Taylor Phinney & Monkeyboy Bill C Racing 1 October 5th 08 01:31 AM
Taylor Phinney Carmella the Roach Killer Racing 41 July 22nd 08 06:09 PM
The next Taylor Phinney? stig Racing 7 April 15th 08 05:19 AM
Taylor Phinney: NO MEDAL MagillaGorilla[_3_] Racing 31 March 31st 08 02:20 PM
Taylor Phinney Article Bret Racing 141 February 1st 08 10:38 PM