Broken Bones!!

Old June 16th 04, 11:35 PM
MTUK MTUK MTUK

Default Broken Bones!!

Well, I'm feeling pretty peevd off.

Had a high speed crash yesterday & broke my wrist in three places.......no
MTB for 6 - 8 weeks, and just as I was up to peak fitness. Not as bad as
some injuries mentioned here, but its gonna be a long raod to get back in
the saddle!

Old June 17th 04, 02:34 AM
Stephen Baker

MTUK (thrice) says:

Well, I'm feeling pretty peevd off.

Sounds like you have reason(s)..

.no
MTB for 6 - 8 weeks, and just as I was up to peak fitness.

And just as your week of real summer was due, too ;-)

Not as bad as
some injuries mentioned here, but its gonna be a long raod to get back in
the saddle!

But it WILL be worth it when you do.

Steve
Old June 17th 04, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

"MTUK MTUK MTUK" wrote in message
Well, I'm feeling pretty peevd off.

Had a high speed crash yesterday & broke my wrist in three places.......no
MTB for 6 - 8 weeks, and just as I was up to peak fitness. Not as bad as
some injuries mentioned here, but its gonna be a long raod to get back in
the saddle!

How did it happen? Was it painful?

Old June 17th 04, 04:33 AM
Mark Hickey

"Unregistered" wrote:

"MTUK MTUK MTUK" wrote in message
Well, I'm feeling pretty peevd off.

Had a high speed crash yesterday & broke my wrist in three places.......no
MTB for 6 - 8 weeks, and just as I was up to peak fitness. Not as bad as
some injuries mentioned here, but its gonna be a long raod to get back in
the saddle!

How did it happen? Was it painful?

My guess... broken wrist in three places... I'd have to guess "yes".

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old June 17th 04, 07:55 AM
John Morgan

Mark Hickey wrote:

"Unregistered" wrote:

"MTUK MTUK MTUK" wrote in message
Well, I'm feeling pretty peevd off.

Had a high speed crash yesterday & broke my wrist in three
places.......no MTB for 6 - 8 weeks, and just as I was up to peak
fitness. Not as bad as some injuries mentioned here, but its gonna be a
long raod to get back in the saddle!

How did it happen? Was it painful?

My guess... broken wrist in three places... I'd have to guess "yes".

Not to be negative about the situation, but my guess is that you'll be out
of action longer than 6-8 weeks if your wrist is *that* broken. I'm newly
recovered from a wrist injury from a bike crash and I was off the bike 6
months.

May you be far more fortunate than I.

John M

Oh, and once it's well enough to move around, I suggest stretching
exercises.
Old June 17th 04, 09:06 AM
bomba

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:35:21 +0100, MTUK MTUK MTUK wrote:

Well, I'm feeling pretty peevd off.

Had a high speed crash yesterday & broke my wrist in three places.......

Well if I were you, I wouldn't go back to those three places again.

tumbleweed

I'll get my coat...

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Old June 17th 04, 09:39 AM
Pete Jones

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:33:16 -0700, Mark Hickey
blathered:

Had a high speed crash yesterday & broke my wrist in three places.......no
MTB for 6 - 8 weeks

And the rest...prepare yourself for a bit longer off the bike than
that.

How did it happen? Was it painful?

My guess... broken wrist in three places... I'd have to guess "yes".

Surprisingly, no - my wrist and fore-arm were in a lot more than 3
pieces, but I got back on the bike and continued riding until I got to
a railway station where I could leave my bike and get a taxi to
hospital.

Apparently, that part of the arm does not feel pain too much; the
downside is that it also doesn't respond well to pain relief.

The most painful episode for me was when I slipped while running a
week after having the cast removed. I instinctively put out my hand to
break my fall, and it bent back a lot further than the tendons and
muscle actually wanted to go at that point - ten times more painful
than the original break, and certainly the most pain I have ever
experienced.

Pete Jones
Old June 17th 04, 10:40 AM
spademan o---[\) *

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"Unregistered" wrote:

"MTUK MTUK MTUK" wrote in message
Well, I'm feeling pretty peevd off.

Had a high speed crash yesterday & broke my wrist in three

places.......no
MTB for 6 - 8 weeks, and just as I was up to peak fitness. Not as bad

as
some injuries mentioned here, but its gonna be a long raod to get back

in
the saddle!

How did it happen? Was it painful?

My guess... broken wrist in three places... I'd have to guess "yes".

Students + Rollerskate rink + 50p pint night = broken wrist
many 50p pints + bowling + unknown broken wrist = no pain
morning after = Much much pain.

Steve.

Old June 17th 04, 11:38 AM
Stephen Baker

spademan says:

Students + Rollerskate rink + 50p pint night = broken wrist
many 50p pints + bowling + unknown broken wrist = no pain
morning after = Much much pain.

Ain't experience wunnerful?

Heh heh...

Steve
Old June 17th 04, 01:22 PM
scott g

Not to be negative about the situation, but my guess is that you'll be out
of action longer than 6-8 weeks if your wrist is *that* broken. I'm newly
recovered from a wrist injury from a bike crash and I was off the bike 6
months.

May you be far more fortunate than I.

John M

That's not always the case, thankfully. I took a fall on my bike last fall
and broke my right wrist & was back riding in about 8 weeks I rode the
stationary some too. Not having my right hand for 2 months was the worst
part for me....makes so many common activities challenging.

Scottg