Gonna be a hot tonight!

Old June 25th 03, 11:06 PM
Cleanbean

Default Gonna be a hot tonight!

Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is at
the Blora at 6:00 PM. I'm thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the veins.
I passed on the coffee this morning for a couple cups of green tea and did
it again in the afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the day. I
guess the thing that concerns me is some of the crew has not been out in the
heat that much, yours truly included. It looks like only the strong will
survive (or those under 40!). It should be an eventful ride. There will be
about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I figure the 9 mi.
course will require about a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell
phone a must. I'll report back.....maybe!

Cleanbean still doing it in Texas
"Like the song from Buthole Surfers- Pepper"

Old June 25th 03, 11:59 PM
MattB

"Cleanbean" wrote in message
. ..
Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%.

That sounds truly miserable. I commend you for your dedication to the sport.

Matt (feels kind of hot here too - it's 66 F)

Old June 26th 03, 12:05 AM
Jon Bond

"Cleanbean" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Enjoy. I decided not to ride tonight, what with it finally having dropped
under 90 degrees.... in the shade... at 7pm. 50% humidity. I feel for
you.

Jon Bond

Old June 26th 03, 12:48 AM
ClydesdaleMTB

That sounds truly miserable. I commend you for your dedication to the sport.

Matt (feels kind of hot here too - it's 66 F)

Temp: 91°F, Dew Point: 64°F, Humidity: 43%

--
John G.
http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

Old June 26th 03, 02:49 AM
Stephen Baker

ClydesdaleMTB says:

Temp: 91°F, Dew Point: 64°F, Humidity: 43%

10:00pm-ish
Temp 79F, Humidity 68%.
It's one of those "weight-loss" nights...

Steve
Old June 26th 03, 05:38 AM
MattB

At about 10:30 here it's 56 F, 35%, Dew Point:29
Feels nice. I'll just crack the window tonight (35 F is the predicted low).

Matt (but it's a bitch in winter)

ClydesdaleMTB says:

Old June 26th 03, 08:09 AM
Tlacatecatl

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:38:54 -0700, MattB wrote:

At about 10:30 here it's 56 F, 35%, Dew Point:29
Feels nice. I'll just crack the window tonight (35 F is the predicted low).

Here in the Sonoran Desert it got up to 101 F today with 15% RH. Now at
midnight it's 82 F with 18% RH.

I rode today from about 4 pm until about 8 pm. It was 100 F and 15% RH when I
started, but by 8 pm it was down to 93 F and 16% RH.

Tlacatecatl Tlacaxipe

Old June 26th 03, 12:16 PM
Stephen Baker

Jason tp'ed:

81 right now 72% humidity. And its 1AM!!

Sounds familiar. Where ya from.
Right now in RI it's 79F, 74% RH. too hazy to have sun yet. An I get to sit in
a west-facing office with floor-to-ceiling windows and no A/C.
It _does_ have a panoramic view of Newport harbour, but that only helps when
the wind blows.

Steve
Old June 26th 03, 02:21 PM
Rich

Cleanbean wrote:
Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is at
the Blora at 6:00 PM. I'm thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the veins.
I passed on the coffee this morning for a couple cups of green tea and did
it again in the afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the day. I
guess the thing that concerns me is some of the crew has not been out in the
heat that much, yours truly included. It looks like only the strong will
survive (or those under 40!). It should be an eventful ride. There will be
about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I figure the 9 mi.
course will require about a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell
phone a must. I'll report back.....maybe!

Cleanbean still doing it in Texas
"Like the song from Buthole Surfers- Pepper"

Check out my ride on Tuesday. We were out from 6-10 in the evening.
http://www.wunderground.com/history/...lyHistory.html

It sucked but we had to do it, rain in the forcast for the rest of the week.

Old June 27th 03, 12:19 AM
Jason

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Jason tp'ed:

81 right now 72% humidity. And its 1AM!!

Sounds familiar. Where ya from.
Right now in RI it's 79F, 74% RH. too hazy to have sun yet. An I get to

sit in
a west-facing office with floor-to-ceiling windows and no A/C.
It _does_ have a panoramic view of Newport harbour, but that only helps

when
the wind blows.

Steve

Austin TX and we just got a cool front! Hooray BEER! Guess I get to try
out my XTR V brakes and XT Deralleurs tomorrow!