I found this one on ebay - whats it worth

Old November 8th 04, 11:03 AM
Ken Marcet

Default I found this one on ebay - whats it worth

or should I just leave it where it is at?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I think it looks pretty good, Can I get a little feedback on this ride
please?

Ken

Old November 8th 04, 04:55 PM
Sheldon Brown

Ken Marcet wrote:

or should I just leave it where it is at?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I think it looks pretty good, Can I get a little feedback on this ride
please?

That's one of the cheapest, crummiest models ever to bear the Schwinn
name. Made in Taiwan.

Sheldon "Keep Looking" Brown
| No state has an inherent right to survive through |
| conscript troops and, in the long run, no state ever has. |
| --Robert A. Heinlein |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Old November 8th 04, 05:41 PM
do not spam

In article ,
Ken Marcet wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, I thought schwinn had a good reputation!

Schwinn is a step up from Huffy or Columbia, but they have made a lot
of garbage over the years.
Old November 8th 04, 05:43 PM
Ken Marcet

Well I bid $1.00 on it so well see if any one else bids on it, but if no one
else does then it will only cost $41.00 with shipping!

Old November 8th 04, 06:01 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Ken Marcet wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, I thought schwinn had a good reputation!

In a kitsch sense, because they made the original balloon-tyre bombers
that the Repack riders turned into the first MTBs.
Old November 8th 04, 06:16 PM
flatline

It's difficult to get a good idea of the bike's condition from the
photos.
The shifter levers are bent. The rear cogs appear worn, but I can't
tell for sure. The components may still be usable but I don't think
overall the bike is much of a prize. It looks good enough for
low-speed around-town riding. I think the bike could be worth $60 or
$75, but shipping is $40. So my max bid would be $35.

r.b.

Old November 8th 04, 06:48 PM
Ken Marcet

Well if I were to win this auction, and the cogs / gears in the rear wheel
did turn out to be too worn, would I not be able to rebuild the rear wheel
using somewhat more modern parts? With a new cassette and or hub?
Ken

om...

Old November 8th 04, 07:06 PM
do not spam

In article ,
Ken Marcet wrote:
Well if I were to win this auction, and the cogs / gears in the rear wheel
did turn out to be too worn, would I not be able to rebuild the rear wheel
using somewhat more modern parts? With a new cassette and or hub?

You can always find replacement parts, but they are not going to be real
cheap. Why not just visit your local Goodwill or used bike shop and look
for something that is rideable with no new parts.
Old November 8th 04, 07:12 PM
Ken Marcet

Well that would be the first option I tried, however there is nothing that
fits the bill around here in the town I live in, the only thing I have seen
was a beat up Murray that needed a fair amout of work for $25.00! Seemed to
be a big rip off to me!