Cable end stuck in Campy ergo shifter

Old September 28th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Default Cable end stuck in Campy ergo shifter

wrote:
I was changing my rear derailler cable this morning and discovered
that the cable end/head was stuck in the ergo shifter. Anybody had
this problem before? How do I get it removed without damaging the
shifter? Thanks.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote
First problem was not using the propper, small ended Campagnolo type
inner wire.

Frank Krygowski wrote:
Why do they have a different standard???

Shimano 'improved' the specification.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old September 29th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kenny

On Sep 29, 4:39 am, Frank Krygowski

Why do they have a different standard???

- Frank Krygowski

To make money.
Old September 29th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:39:18 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Sep 28, 8:01*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:
On Sep 27, 7:44*am, wrote:

I was changing my rear derailler cable this morning and discovered
that the cable end/head was stuck in the ergo shifter. Anybody had
this problem before? How do I get it removed without damaging the
shifter? Thanks.

First problem was not using the propper, small ended Campagnolo type
inner wire.

Why do they have a different standard???

- Frank Krygowski

Dear Frank,

That's what Campagnolo asks the other guys.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old September 29th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Sep 27, 7:44 am, wrote:
I was changing my rear derailler cable this morning and discovered
that the cable end/head was stuck in the ergo shifter. Anybody had
this problem before? How do I get it removed without damaging the
shifter? Thanks.

First problem was not using the propper, small ended Campagnolo type
inner wire.

You can slightly file down a non-Campy cable end, only a small
annoyance, if you can't find the real article.

Shame on any bike shop that is lazy enough to not have the proper
inner wire.
It's not 'Campy' inner wires but smaller ended ones available from
many, many distributors that these 'bike shops' probably already use.
Ya know we don't work on tandems either but we have tandem
cables...NOT HARD.

(Some of the LBS around here don't carry Campy)

Mark J.

Sharpen a spoke, cut a small section including the

sharpened end. Cut off as much of the inner wire as possible and tap
the sharpened spoke into the cable 'gut', toward the cable end and it
will come out. THEN use the proper inner wire, dabbing a wee bit of
grease onto the end before installing.

Old September 29th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

wrote:

On Sep 27, 7:44*am, wrote:

I was changing my rear derailler cable this morning and discovered
that the cable end/head was stuck in the ergo shifter. Anybody had
this problem before? How do I get it removed without damaging the
shifter? Thanks.

First problem was not using the propper, small ended Campagnolo type
inner wire.

Why do they have a different standard???

- Frank Krygowski

Why indeed. You can use a small ended one in shimano and sram shifters
no problem.
Old September 30th 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

A. Muzi wrote:
-snip-
Mark wrote:
(Some of the LBS around here don't carry Campy)

YGBSM

How does a bicycle store pay the rent if they don't sell bicycle equipment?

Money laundering?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If my posts in general annoy or offend, please kill-file.