baby seats?

Old February 28th 08, 05:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Default baby seats?

On Feb 28, 11:29 am, adam85 adam85.35g...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:

I've got a chariot
trailer which my 2yo doesn't mind for short trips, but I recently
installed a wee-ride seat and he absolutely *loves* it. Because he's
sitting in front of me we talk the whole way, pointing out things, he
rings the bell at everyone, tells me which way to go, and gets me to
race everyone and I can see exactly what he is doing.

Is this the same daredevil I saw doing 'drop-offs' at the Murrarie
skatepark on a three-wheeler without pedals? There's a born racer!
Haha.

Donga
Old February 28th 08, 05:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Liz

"adam85" wrote in message

Wrote:

Sometimes they simply don't fit down a proportion of the "bicycle
paths" due to anti-bicycle obstacles, chicanes, miscellaneous
bollardery, railings, steps, etc. People riding with small kids are
often more inclined to use off-road paths, but trying to do so with a
trailer can become frustrating.
Adrian

Trailers vs bikeseats - it depends on where you are riding. I agree
with Adrian about trailers, they are the safest option but can be
difficult to get around with because of the size. I've got a chariot
trailer which my 2yo doesn't mind for short trips, but I recently
installed a wee-ride seat and he absolutely *loves* it. Because he's
sitting in front of me we talk the whole way, pointing out things, he
rings the bell at everyone, tells me which way to go, and gets me to
race everyone and I can see exactly what he is doing.

I take him into a childcare centre in the CBD which requires some tight
turns and crossing at lights from the footpath and it's much harder to
do with the trailer.

I put the weeride on a touring bike which I converted from dropbars to
flats, so I have handlebar bags and front and rear panniers if required
for luggage/shopping etc. It took a bit of modification to get a good
fit, which allowed me to easily get my feet down as you can't really
stand over the top tube and to get the weeride seat as far forward and
low as possible. The only real criticism of the weeride I have is that
the moulded plastic parts of the seat could be stronger and the child's
pad is not solidly mounted to the seat.

Adam

--
adam85

Another front-mounted seat is the Bobike mini. I have one and I'm pretty
pleased with it, and Little Girl loves it. I liked that I could see her (I
got it when she was one). It has two limitations: it's only rated up to
15kg, and it's mounted on the stem, which needs to be a 1" (I think) stem,
ie not the usual stem. I was lucky my mum had an old Malvern Star with a 1"
stem. Now Little Girl is two, and tall, I'm going to have to move to a
rear-mounted seat, which I'll be ok with now.And I think I'll get a new bike
with more modern brakes, and give mum's bike back to mum.

Liz

your other baby.. BYZA Unicycling 42 July 25th 07 09:14 AM
New baby! Tony Raven UK 12 June 19th 05 06:48 PM
po' po' baby [email protected] Recumbent Biking 0 January 6th 05 12:40 AM
My new baby?? Preston Crawford General 87 January 4th 05 05:16 AM
OT New baby., chris French UK 29 December 1st 04 06:35 AM