Road raging pillocks in Perth

Old March 6th 08, 12:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default Road raging pillocks in Perth

On 2008-03-06, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
In aus.bicycle on Thu, 6 Mar 2008 01:32:17 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

On the topic of obeying road rules, I dutifully came to a stop on my
bike yesterday along Victoria St in Melbourne when a tram came to a
stop to disgorge and engorge a load of passengers. Another cyclist
behind me shot past the stationery tram, weaving his way between the
passengers, and then proceeded to go straight through a red light a
bit further on. Unfortunately, this sort of behaviour gives us all a
bad name (which is ridiculous - as a few bad apples among motorists
does not and should not damn all motorists.

how many noticed him and how many noticed you?

I often wonder that when someone on a motorcycle splits up to the
front when I'm sitting there not doing it, or cuts up traffic and I
don't.

Then they don't notice you because you're stealth. Remember the
motorist that abused Euan because some random third party ran the
lights and Euan didn't?

--
TimC
'Vegetarian' -- it's an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'. -- Red Green

mocking Ride-A-Lot - girl raging Apex rock garden LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 9 December 19th 06 10:59 AM
Perth: good deal on road bike shoes Travis Australia 0 March 25th 06 10:02 AM
BJC Perth fuzzy Unicycling 4 March 22nd 05 06:37 PM
WTB: road frame, 55cm, prefer perth till! Australia 3 December 20th 04 03:36 AM
any one from perth W.A Seamless Australia 5 January 16th 04 02:51 PM