O.C. Uni Ride Huntington Beach Pier

Old September 14th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default O.C. Uni Ride Huntington Beach Pier

crazyjoe wrote:
I agree, we need to know how far it is. Although I did get a PM from the
person setting it up saying that they will go from the HB pier to the
Bolsa Chica wetlands, which appears to be only 7 miles away. Not a very
far ride, but a good one for the 26"-29" range. Maybe a few people in
the ride would be willing to double that distance and go to the Long
Beach/Belmont pier?

Well, I may just do the 46 miles starting at Torrance beach, (concurrent
with you guys) which passes through Redondo, Hermosa, Marina Del Rey,
Venice, Santa Monica and on into Malibu and back. Simply a glorious
36er adventure! This way we can kinda get a "Unis across Amercia" thing
going...just on a smaller scale, lol.

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 14th 08, 07:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
curbrider

crazyjoe wrote:
Every mile?? What kind of saddle do you have?

I have tried many saddles: Sun, viscount,KH FF ... Now I use a KH gel
saddle which seems like the best shape. But not working for long
distance. Seems I would benefit from a cut in the foam/gel down the
middle as that is where the discomfort is, but not ready to cut as this
seat has a gel area right where I would cut.
Also I will try some different cycle shorts tomorrow.
Mark

--
curbrider

Mark
Old September 14th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

curbrider wrote:
I have tried many saddles: Sun, viscount,KH FF ... Now I use a KH gel
saddle which seems like the best shape. But not working for long
distance. Seems I would benefit from a cut in the foam/gel down the
middle as that is where the discomfort is, but not ready to cut as this
seat has a gel area right where I would cut.
Also I will try some different cycle shorts tomorrow.
Mark

Terry (MuniAddict) has a KH FF that he modded for his 36 and it's the
most comfortable sadle I've ever felt. I think he's got some videos
about it and how he modded it. I would highly recommend trying that if
your saddle soreness is that bad.

--
crazyjoe

*uniproshop.com*
Old September 14th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

crazyjoe wrote:
Terry (MuniAddict) has a KH FF that he modded for his 36 and it's the
most comfortable sadle I've ever felt. I think he's got some videos
about it and how he modded it. I would highly recommend trying that if
your saddle soreness is that bad.

Even the standard fusion free ride is comfy, but the center channel is
not as effective with the regular vinyl cover, as it stretches as you
sit and closes it off. So I fiddled around with some mods and this is
what I came up with; it works great, and it's easy to make.

*'UniGeezer: \"Unitorial 4\" (36er seat mod)'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJQ4j5KOis)*

Old September 15th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Since I live right here in HB I guess I should try and make it to at
least one of the rides. First I have to put my coker together. I
haven't touched it since Ride The Lobster....

Anyone need any button tires for there 36" uni? Let me know and I can
bring them. Only $65 each!!

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE
HERE!!! (\"HTTP://WWW.UNIPROSHOP.COM\")

'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old September 15th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
florida

I personally ride a 29er but others will bring a 36er. The ride is
approximately 15 miles around trip but I am willing to go as far as
Belmont Shores in Long Beach, which should be 30 miles. I have hokey
lights on my spokes for night riding and a LCD head-band so I can see
the pot holes before I fall. Look forward to all who plan on riding
which is estimated at 8 riders

--
florida
Old September 15th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

If I had anything bigger than a 26" I'd love to go, but sadly I don't.

--
crazyjoe

*uniproshop.com*
Old September 18th 08, 05:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

florida wrote:
We will have two dates and times for a uni-ride starting from the H.B.
Pier.
Friday Sept 19 at 8:30 p.m. and Sun Sept 21 at 8:30 a.m.
Come and join us on the dedicated bike path.

that is this weekend right?

--
Tyler_N

UNIPROSHOP.COM
2nd*)---, '30ft Coaster~
')-mostpointlessthread-/--O'
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6PPpcKrm1A)

UniKid2 wrote:

dakoroman wrote:
analize

lol

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old September 18th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

Yeah, Tyler, it's this weekend.

So who is going? I might go on Sunday with my 26" and try to keep up.
I've done 15 miles before and I can do it again. But if anyone has a
bigger wheel they'd be willing to lend out for a few hours, I would be
forever grateful. Hope to see you all there!

--
crazyjoe

*uniproshop.com*
Old September 18th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

crazyjoe wrote:
Yeah, Tyler, it's this weekend.

So who is going? I might go on Sunday with my 26" and try to keep up.
I've done 15 miles before and I can do it again. But if anyone has a
bigger wheel they'd be willing to lend out for a few hours, I would be
forever grateful. Hope to see you all there!

I'm going Sunday only. Partly to get my new nightrider tire I ordered
from Jamey. I'm meeting with him a little earlier than the start time
so I can put in on.