60km on a 24"

Old September 22nd 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
x2005fck

Default 60km on a 24"

Hey guys,

I just completed my first long haul yesterday traveling 60km on the
highway with my 24" dx. I know this isn't the ideal uni at all but
it's all I've got to work with right now so it did the trick.
The trip took 7 hours and I was doing it to raise money for cystic
fibrosis.

Just wondering if anyone else has done something like this before?

--
x2005fck
Old September 22nd 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniKid2

I've been dooing 12 k a day for the rest of my days...

Congrats.

--
UniKid2

hobo_chuck wrote:
Is there anywhere I can get a geared 36er doughnut with 14g sprinkles?

Old September 22nd 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

I've never gone that far on a 24" on roads but have off-road a few times
on my KH24. Really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Great job!
It's always motivating to see others out there pushing their own
personal limits!

--
MuniSano
Old September 22nd 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Harley

x2005fck wrote:
Hey guys,

I just completed my first long haul yesterday traveling 60km on the
highway with my 24" dx. I know this isn't the ideal uni at all but
it's all I've got to work with right now so it did the trick.
The trip took 7 hours and I was doing it to raise money for cystic
fibrosis.

Just wondering if anyone else has done something like this before?

Great job and for a good cause. Just out of curiosity are you still
using the stock DX seat and tire?

I use my 06 DX as an everday smooth road ride, but have changed the
tire to a hookworm and the seat to a KH Fusion Freeride. makes for a
much better distance riding experience.

--
Harley

Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can **** a hole
through a rock.
Old September 22nd 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

Wow! That's a hell of a distance on a 24.

--
Mikefule

"Arggh, 'tis the hegemonic nature of ye American Hollywood cultural
imperialism, matey!" JJuggle
Old September 22nd 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Yes, that's a looooooong ride for a 24"! My nearest experience was a
1980 March of Dimes charity ride of 75km which a friend and I did on
giraffes with 20" wheels. But we had customized the giraffes to have
close to a 2:1 gear ratio. That meant less pedaling, but they were
pretty hard to control! We were the first to start and the last to
finish. With way-painful crotch areas!

Congratulations on your fundraising, and for being someone that doesn't
use equipment as an excuse to not think big!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old September 23rd 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
x2005fck

To Harley, yes I'm still on all the stock parts because it's a
relatively new uni and getting things where I'm at, I'm basically
limited to just ordering online things which tend to take a while to
ship.

And to flux, I was only a part in a wide campaign that raised over $32
000 for CF. My ride I think helped push people to raise more though.

--
x2005fck

60km on a 24" Connahhh Unicycling 0 September 22nd 08 04:13 AM
UK Dyfi Enduro 60km offroad 9 May - any takers? redwelly Unicycling 25 June 29th 07 02:10 AM
"John "Cho" Gilmer keeps publishing his "Manifesto" over and over." Hoodini Racing 0 April 23rd 07 12:38 AM
60km Paris-Ancaster (ontario) (or 30km option) April 18 Sofa Unicycling 8 April 9th 04 02:47 AM