Need Video Advice

Old September 25th 03, 11:47 PM
zach_jucha

Default Need Video Advice

At the beginning of the previous school semester with my quickly
flourishing interest in trials unicycling and my new KH20, a friend and
I had the idea to make a unicycling/skateboarding video. This was a good
idea until my friend lost interest in it, but even so I found through
this an opportunity to make a unicycling video of my own inspired by
Universe and One Tired Guy. Another friend of mine caught interest in
this and took on the filming for me. While advancing quickly in trials
unicycling, we got a lot of great footage of me, as well as some great
footage of my friends David Poznanter, Dan Heaton, Kris Hellen, and
Scott Bond. At the end of the school year, I madly tried to finish off
the video using school resources in a short amount of time. I finished
-a- video, but in the end it was rushed and wasn't how I wanted it to
turn out. So with encouragement from friends, I decided not only to do
the film over, but keep filming as well. Now I am awaiting the beginning
of new filming after a summer of hardly any unicycling let alone
filming, with a different friend and this time in Tucson.

Now, recently I've been having ideas about the video. Instead of one
long video, I've been thinking about taking all of the old footage I
have from last school semester and turning it into a short video and
possibly later compiling my different stuff into one long one like in
One Tired Guy. I have a few reasons for this: I am a lot better now then
when I started and even finished filming, I'm using a different, better
camera now, and I'm not sure how all of this old footage would work
together with any new stuff I film. I thought I would present this to 1.
unicyclists, and 2. unicyclists who make unicycling films because you
can give me the best advice here. What would work better? Should I keep
the old footage and wait until I get enough new footage and mix the two
for one long(er) video? Or should I make a short film out of the footage
I already have and make something new out of the new footage I take? My
main problem is the clashing quality of both my riding and the film
itself. It's tempting to make a short film now and another one later to
show my "progression" in trials unicycling. Well, tell me what you
think. Feedback is much appreciated.

--
zach_jucha - man-machine

-Conceive, Believe & Achieve!
You Can Do It!-

- Tony Little
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

Old September 26th 03, 01:10 AM
sabin_a.

What I would go with, is just make one big video with old and new
footage. The reason why I think this is because a lot of people do short
little videos, and a long one would be nice for a change.
By the way, how old are you and what kind of trials stuff can you
do?
I tried to make a trails unicycle video with one of my friends, but
he wasn't commited. I really wan't to try to make a video myself, but no
one around here (washington) wants to film one. Plus I don't have a
camara.

-Sabin

--
sabin_a.
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

Old September 26th 03, 01:51 AM
James_Potter

I personally think that as a first movie, make just a short one. Later
you can take the same footage and create a longer one. Check out the
gallery on this site for some examples of good, short uni movies.
I'm kind of trying to make a movie, but I only have a small digital
camera which lasts only a few days on it's battery, and the battery is
fairly expensive. So I'm trying to get my parents to buy a rechargeable
one.

--
James_Potter - Order of Merlin, first class

-"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."

--Albus Dumbledore-

Old September 26th 03, 08:52 PM
sabin_a.

To zach_jucha.: That was a sweet 6 ft drop! I have never droped that
high. I have only droped 4 ft. unipsychogirl's name is Sara. She's cool,
and a good trails unicyclist too. I'm almost 15 and live in Washington.
(not D.C.)

-Sabin

Old September 26th 03, 09:36 PM
zach_jucha

i think any implications to progress in my unicycling in the video would
be more subtle then a full on documentary. also, i think i'm going to
stick with the idea of making a short film now, and making a new one as
i get new footage. i watched some of the old footage and it would really
clash too much with new stuff. however, in the end i would compile each
short film into one with commentary that would explain everything in a
documentary style way.

Galibier ride video roadswag Racing 0 February 13th 04 10:29 PM
Galibier ride video roadswag Techniques 0 February 13th 04 10:29 PM
video producer seeking bicycle stunt riders for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM
Video producer seeking bicycle mechanic for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM