Pavement cyclists put everyone at risk and damage property

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 19th 12, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Pavement cyclists put everyone at risk and damage property

Rat-running cyclists are endangering stall traders by using a pedestrianised
area as a short-cut, it has been claimed.

Mitcham residents and traders have become increasingly frustrated with
people on bikes using Mitcham town centre in order to avoid the busy one-way
traffic on Holborn Way.

Christine Higgs, 50, of Streatham Road, said: "They [cyclists] just come
screeching down the pavement on their bikes and try to swerve round you.

"They once hit my son, who is six, and I was really angry because they hurt
him but they didn't apologise. It is a big problem."

Stall trader Alan Hunt, 69, said: "In the morning when you are trying to set
up it is a nightmare because they [cyclists] just cut straight through at
high speed on their way to work.

"I have had my stall damaged by cyclists speeding in the past and it is
dangerous for my customers."

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n..._run_cyclists/