It's official - I'm a fat *******

Old November 28th 07, 01:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bugbear

Default It's official - I'm a fat *******

I went down to my 'local' cycling clothing shop in Cottesloe
(absolutely nothing bad to say about Ride 'n Style - they took care of
me perfectly)

What I do have to say is that I never knew that a person with a 38
inch chest is now an XXXL in a jersey!!!!!!

I am truly a fat *******! :-)

Cheers!
Old November 28th 07, 04:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

On Nov 28, 9:17 pm, Bugbear wrote:
I went down to my 'local' cycling clothing shop in Cottesloe
(absolutely nothing bad to say about Ride 'n Style - they took care of
me perfectly)

What I do have to say is that I never knew that a person with a 38
inch chest is now an XXXL in a jersey!!!!!!

I am truly a fat *******! :-)

Chinese sizes maybe? At an event in China earlier this year I was
given an XL shirt with some corporate branding on it. The cuffs were
half way up my forearms and there was a 4" gap at the front when
pulled tight. But yeah, even if it is Chinese sizes, XXXL = fat
*******
..
..
..
whisper Did they have any left? /whisper
Old November 28th 07, 10:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
paulh

On Nov 28, 11:17 pm, Bugbear wrote:
I went down to my 'local' cycling clothing shop in Cottesloe
(absolutely nothing bad to say about Ride 'n Style - they took care of
me perfectly)

What I do have to say is that I never knew that a person with a 38
inch chest is now an XXXL in a jersey!!!!!!

I am truly a fat *******! :-)

Cheers!

You need to shop in the US - you'd only be a medium over there. Or
maybe small.
Old November 28th 07, 11:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
EuanB[_140_]

Bugbear Wrote:
I went down to my 'local' cycling clothing shop in Cottesloe
(absolutely nothing bad to say about Ride 'n Style - they took care of
me perfectly)

What I do have to say is that I never knew that a person with a 38
inch chest is now an XXXL in a jersey!!!!!!

I am truly a fat *******! :-)

Cheers!

That wouldnt' be Santini by any chance, or any other European brand of
clothing? Entirely normal if it is.

--
EuanB

Old November 29th 07, 03:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bugbear

Chinese sizes maybe? At an event in China earlier this year I was
given an XL shirt with some corporate branding on it. The cuffs were
half way up my forearms and there was a 4" gap at the front when
pulled tight. But yeah, even if it is Chinese sizes, XXXL = fat
*******
.
.
.
whisper Did they have any left? /whisper

As a matter of fact, they had a few of the larger sizes left. I was
actually hoping to get my hands on a Gerolstiener short sleeve jersey
(maninly because blue's my colour). Wound up with an (Bergamo)
Italian team jersey instead, but it fits just fine. At one stage
there were about half a dozen jerseys hanging up in the change room,
so yes, they do have large sizes available.
Old November 29th 07, 03:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bugbear

That wouldnt' be Santini by any chance, or any other European brand of
clothing? Entirely normal if it is.

--
EuanB

Yeah it was an Italian make, as a matter of fact the staff in the shop
made pretty much the same comment.

Old November 29th 07, 09:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
zog

Bugbear wrote:
I went down to my 'local' cycling clothing shop in Cottesloe
(absolutely nothing bad to say about Ride 'n Style - they took care of
me perfectly)

What I do have to say is that I never knew that a person with a 38
inch chest is now an XXXL in a jersey!!!!!!

I am truly a fat *******! :-)

you're skinny *******

I am 48" around the chest and I don't think I am fat, well I don't have
a big gut, soooo if you are XXXL WTF! that make me
Old November 30th 07, 08:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Barty

Bugbear wrote:
That wouldnt' be Santini by any chance, or any other European brand of
clothing? Entirely normal if it is.

--
EuanB

Yeah it was an Italian make, as a matter of fact the staff in the shop
made pretty much the same comment.

I had the same situation with knicks at Ride and Style. Mauritzio told
me Italian sizing was particularly small. I'm medium in any other
European/Oz clothing but XL in Italian. Maybe Italians base their sizing
on some kind of anorexic system? ;0)

Graeme
Old November 30th 07, 09:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:55:52 +0900
Barty wrote:

I had the same situation with knicks at Ride and Style. Mauritzio told
me Italian sizing was particularly small. I'm medium in any other
European/Oz clothing but XL in Italian. Maybe Italians base their sizing
on some kind of anorexic system? ;0)

They are all small. Must be the red wine and all the seriously buxom
young women - stunts their growth.

I once had a set of Spidi motorcycle trousers. The xxxl size was fine
for my 5'2" height.

Zebee
Old December 1st 07, 02:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

Barty wrote:

I had the same situation with knicks at Ride and Style. Mauritzio told
me Italian sizing was particularly small. I'm medium in any other
European/Oz clothing but XL in Italian. Maybe Italians base their sizing
on some kind of anorexic system? ;0)

They are all small.

Until they hit mid-30s/early 40s. Then the females turn in to big
Italian mammas and the males turn in to Pavarotti shaped objects. Who
can blame them though, Italian food is bloody good!

Thieving bastard Nick Kew UK 1 December 13th 05 04:04 PM
Thieving bastard Tony W UK 1 December 13th 05 01:22 PM
Thieving bastard elyob UK 0 December 13th 05 11:28 AM
Bastard Bushwalkers! Comfort Gusset Australia 9 July 12th 04 10:13 PM
Bastard cyclist! marc UK 14 June 19th 04 10:06 PM