Track Frame upgrade

Old June 30th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
MattP

Default Track Frame upgrade

I started riding at the Velodrome in Atlanta (30+ banking I think)
this spring and it looks like I am going to be doing this for awhile
so looking to upgrade from my existing track bike after I sell one of
my road bikes-Now I am using an EAI brass knuckle frame I think with
the cheapest 36h track wheels I could find and the rest in road bike
parts I already had. What I am looking into is a frame in the 600-800
range that I can build up and use for mass start races but also for up
to 3k/4k pursuit/TT's that I could at clipons to and work on improving
my times as time goes by. I have found the closer to my road bike
setup now is to my existing road bike the more comfortable it feels on
the velodrome.

My LBS is a Giant dealer so have looked at the Giant Omnium track
frame but not sure if that is built for the velodrome. Its about
750.00. I also looked at the Trek T1 only because I have a pre-Trek
owned Klein quantum and wondered if they used the Klein stiffness in
their track frame. Its about 800.00
My strange 3rd option is a Jade which I found somehow and have a quote
for about 700.00 with a Reynolds fork and can pick color and also
seems to be more aero but don't know much about the history. I know
alot of people are using Felt and Fuji track bikes at where I go but
was just looking for something a bit different.

Any experience with these 3 on velodrome would be helpful or any other
suggestions would be as well.

Thanks
MP
Old July 1st 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

On Jun 29, 10:08*pm, MattP wrote:
any other
suggestions would be as well.

Please take your questions over to rec.bicycles.tech, and re-post them
there, where "tech" concerns are much more likely to be addressed than
here. Willing advice awaits, no doubt. --D-y