90 F*CKING SECONDS

Old July 26th 04, 04:52 AM
James Calivar

Default 90 F*CKING SECONDS

90 seconds. 90 ****ing seconds. That's the total amount of coverage George
Michael's vaunted Sports Machine gives to Lance Armstrong's 6th straight TdF
victory. I would have at least expected some kind of personal story - you know,
the kind they give to Kobe Bryant on a weekly basis after having raped some
slutty fan, or to some local high school cheerleading hero who saved his best
friend's pet chihuahua from drowning. Hell, maybe they could have even
mentioned the fact that he had recovered from cancer to completely dominate one
of the most difficult physical challenges in the world. But no - just a glib
post-win ripoff interview about how great it was to hear the Star Spangled
Banner in France, and that's it.

Followed immediately by SEVEN MINUTES of Nascar coverage.

Christ.

What the **** is WRONG with this country's sports coverage? **** you, George
Michael. **** you and your Nascar-loving, baseball playing, wife beating blue
collar moron viewers. And **** YOU George. **** you for dumbing down cycling to
the typical American viewer. I hope you die soon.

Old July 26th 04, 04:55 AM
dreaded

"James Calivar" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

rofl, haha! dumbing down? which george was that?

Old July 26th 04, 05:07 AM
Richard Longwood

(Namby Pamby, Texas - July 25, 2004) A spokesperson for George Michael
announced today that George Michael would be becoming openly gay really soon
in order not to miss out on the latest cool new craze of being openly gay.
"George Michael will become openly gay probably early next week," the
spokesperson announced. Despite the announcement however, the spokesperson
was quick to deny that George Michael was only becoming openly gay in order
to capture the rapidly growing demographic of people who are not only openly
gay, but are also ACTUALLY gay -- you know, like, FOR REAL. "George Michael
is becoming openly gay," said the spokesperson, "because it is the right
thing to do. It is the right thing to do for our country and the right thing
to do for our freedom... And for our democracy.... And for our
constitution." However, several openly gay professional cyclists protested
George Michael becoming openly gay, saying it was just a political stunt,
and that if he went ahead with becoming bogusly openly gay then it would
make all other currently REALLY openly gay heterosexuals look like a buncha
douchebags and therefore they would all immediately and totally STOP being
openly gay, though they weren't sure yet whether that meant they would have
to stop being just openly or stop being just gay or actually stop being both
at the same time. However, the fifth openly gay Supreme Court justice,
Rehnquist, has intervened saying if the UCI openly gay cyclists stop being
openly gay he will sentence them all immediately to the electric chair or
the gas chamber for failure to come to a complete stop at a stop sign
partially covered over by a tree. George Michael's spokesperson said that
as soon as George Michael finished becoming openly gay and before being
removed from the so-called "Sports Machine" to make way for Bob Roll, he
would, of course, appoint Phil Liggett Secretary of State and Paul Sherwin
head of the FBI. He also said he'd appoint the Village People to be
Secretary of, you know, the Interior. "It's the least an openly gay
American can do to honor our great openly gay American heritage," the
spokesman said George Michael said.

Old July 26th 04, 05:10 AM
Mike Beauchamp

Followed immediately by SEVEN MINUTES of Nascar coverage.

WhoooWHEE man, look at dem cars smashin' into eachother. Now that's racin',
I tell ya what.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

Old July 26th 04, 05:12 AM
Blair P. Houghton

James Calivar wrote:
90 seconds. 90 ****ing seconds. That's the total amount of coverage George
Michael's vaunted Sports Machine gives to Lance Armstrong's 6th straight TdF
victory.

What does "vaunted" mean in that sentence? Because all
the dictionaries I look at say it means the opposite of
the word that belongs there.

--Blair
"Just replace George with the machine."
Old July 26th 04, 05:23 AM
Michael

"James Calivar" wrote in message
link.net...
90 seconds. 90 ****ing seconds. That's the total amount of coverage George
Michael's vaunted Sports Machine gives to Lance Armstrong's 6th straight TdF
victory. I would have at least expected some kind of personal story - you know,
the kind they give to Kobe Bryant on a weekly basis after having raped some
slutty fan, or to some local high school cheerleading hero who saved his best
friend's pet chihuahua from drowning. Hell, maybe they could have even
mentioned the fact that he had recovered from cancer to completely dominate one
of the most difficult physical challenges in the world. But no - just a glib
post-win ripoff interview about how great it was to hear the Star Spangled
Banner in France, and that's it.

Followed immediately by SEVEN MINUTES of Nascar coverage.

I didn't know anyone actually watched that Sports Machine show. I
thought the guy owned the network or something and the Sports
Machine was a vanity project.

M.

Old July 26th 04, 05:48 AM
S o r n i

James Calivar wrote:
[...]

I lived in DC all my life until 1982, so it was sort of cool when a
sportscaster I knew from there went national (syndicated) some years later.

However, about a year of the "Sports Machine" was more than enough.

Haven't seen it in at least five years. (Closer to 10 probably.)

I suggest you follow suit.

Bill "vote with the clicker" S.

Old July 26th 04, 05:50 AM
gwhite

Mike Beauchamp wrote:

Followed immediately by SEVEN MINUTES of Nascar coverage.

WhoooWHEE man, look at dem cars smashin' into eachother. Now that's racin',
I tell ya what.

Highway Star --

Nobody gonna take my car
I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
It's gonna break the speed of sound
Oooh it's a killing machine
It's got everything
Like a driving power big fat tyres
and everything

I love it and I need it
I bleed it yeah it's a wild hurricane
Alright hold tight I'm a highway star

Nobody gonna take my girl
I'm gonna keep her to the end
Nobody gonna have my girl
She stays close on every bend
Oooh she's a killing machine
She's a moving mouth body control
and everything

I love her I need her
I seed her Yeah She turns me on
Alright hold on tight I'm a highway star

Nobody gonna take my head
I got speed inside my brain
Nobody gonna steal my head
Now that i'm on the road again
Oooh i'm in heaven again i've got everything
Like a moving ground an open road
and everything

I love it and I need it
I seed it eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold on tight I'm a highway star

Nobody gonna take my car
I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
It's gonna break the speed of sound
Oooh it's a killing machine
It's got everything like a driving power big
fat tyres and everything

I love it and I need it
I bleed it
Yeah it's a wild hurricane
Alright hold on tight I'm a highway star
I'm a highway star, I'm a highway star
Old July 26th 04, 06:57 AM
HardwareLust

James Calivar wrote:
[...]

Just what the **** did you expect? For every one person that watched the
TdF, 10,000 watched the NASCAR race, and that number is probably low.
Nextel Cup is the #2 spectator sport in the country by TV ratings, behind
only the NFL. Heck, I'd be willing to bet NASCAR's IN PERSON attendance
numbers at the race track is higher than OLN's viewership.

You're lucky Lance got 90 seconds, and the only reason he got 90 seconds
instead of 30 is because he won #6. #1-#5 got 30 or less, I would bet, if
ol' George showed them at all.

Regards,
H.