Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

Old November 13th 11, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Default Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

On 13/11/2011 12:06, Mrcheerful wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:40:20 -0000, Simon
wrote:
On Nov 13, 10:17 am, "Lieutenant wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:14:29 -0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 16:34:46 -0000, Mr. Benn
wrote:
"Simon Weaseltemper" wrote in message

On 12/11/2011 15:13, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://road.cc/content/news/25728-ca...rned-police-op...

This is actually quite comical.

"Police in Cambridge issued ten fixed penalty notices last week
in a crackdown against cyclists riding the wrong way up a
one-way street last Thursday, but were unaware that further up
the street, a woman was warning other bike riders of the
operation."

"police say that they would have arrested the woman for
obstruction had they known what she was doing."(!)

So, someone is telling cyclists that if they ride up a one-way
street they are liable to get a ticket, and the police want to
arrest her. This sounds totally bizarre. It means stopping
someone from committing an offence, is an offence, because the
police cannot issue a ticket. Talk about the police having their
bubble burst.

Drivers do this all the time when there is a speed trap, drivers
coming the other way flash their lights ferociously as a warning
to others. What a bunch of ******s the police have become.
=====================================

Why, because they are enforcing the law?

One of the nonsensical laws.

Say I see someone about to commit a murder, and stop them from
doing so, would the police arrest me?

Preventing a crime is not the same as assisting someone to avoid
detection of their crime.

Flashing your lights at someone who is speeding (which everybody
does by the way), stops them speeding. You're preventing the
"crime". --http://petersparrots.comhttp://petersphotos.com

Can you be a closet claustrophobic?- Hide quoted text -

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. Twit. READ what I write.

if they are already speeding then the crime has already happened, therefore
you cannot prevent it.

How would you know that a "crime" "has already happened"?
Old November 13th 11, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 13/11/2011 12:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 13, 12:31 pm, "Lieutenant wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:13:54 -0000, Simon wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. Twit. READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing them
enough times to get them off the road where they can do the public no
harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a speed camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

sigh

No, he won't.
Old November 13th 11, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 13, 1:08*pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:43:02 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 13, 12:31 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:13:54 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. *Twit. *READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing them
enough times to get them off the road where they can do the public no
harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a speed camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

I have done, and they stole it. *But that was a radar detector only. *A satnav is for navigation you see....

I have the speed camera option turned on when I am abroad, but I tend
to avoid France anyway - too predictable and boring.

--
Simon Mason

Old November 14th 11, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 04:43:02 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Nov 13, 12:31*pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:13:54 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. *Twit. *READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing them
enough times to get them off the road where they can do the public no
harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a speed camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I understand that systems which detect the radar speed traps are illegal in
France; BUT not the Garmin which is just telling you of the locations.

If I am wrong - I would like to see something authoritative - other than the
musing of the ****wit Simple Simon
Old November 14th 11, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. *Twit. *READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing
them enough times to get them off the road where they can do the
public no harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a
speed camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

ah, a serial speeder, not even bright enough to learn from punishment.

I did, I learnt how to not get caught.

How did you do that?
Did you check with the local news media to find out where the local
speed traps were going to be laid out?
Did you then simply avoid them, or did you obey the speed limit?
--
Simon Mason

Old November 14th 11, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. Twit. READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing
them enough times to get them off the road where they can do the
public no harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a
speed camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

ah, a serial speeder, not even bright enough to learn from punishment.

I did, I learnt how to not get caught.

How did you do that?
Did you check with the local news media to find out where the local
speed traps were going to be laid out?
Did you then simply avoid them, or did you obey the speed limit?

Satnav. Never fails me.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

System error 4C: kernel panic
Old November 14th 11, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
ian

wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. Twit. READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing them
enough times to get them off the road where they can do the public no
harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a speed
camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

---

We were in France last week, with sat nav turned om, with speedscamera
database loaded as well.

We did NOT get fined.

Old November 14th 11, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. Twit. READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing them
enough times to get them off the road where they can do the public no
harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a speed
camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

---

We were in France last week, with sat nav turned om, with speedscamera
database loaded as well.

We did NOT get fined.

I can't se them checking every satnav for the database.

I've only ever been done for a radar detector, which I stupidly left switched on when I popped into a shop. It had a LOT of flashing lights.

The conversation between me and the Gendarme who came into the shop to talk to me went something like:

Gendarme: "Excusez monsieur, c'est votre Espace?"
Me: "Oui, une probleme?"
Gendarme: "OUI MONSIEUR!!!! [beckons]"
Me: [follows]
Gendarme: [points] "UNE DETECTEUR RADAR!!!! C'est interdit"
Me: "Interdit?!?"
Gendarme: "Oui, INTERDIT!"
Me: "C'est d'accord dans Grande Bretagne"
Gendarme: "C'est INTERDIT EN FRANCE!!!!"
Me: "Bof!"
Gendarme: "Une moment..... [talks to boss on phone] Vous payez six cent Euros".
Me: "COMBIEN!?!?!?"
Gendarme: "Six cent..... d'accord?"
Me: "ZUT ALORS!!!"
Gendarme: [beckons]
Me: [follows to cashpoint] [follows to Gendarmerie] [fills in forms]
Gendarme: "Au revoir!" [grin]
Me: "HMPH!"

[three months later in the UK]
Letter arrives asking for the fine AGAIN.
I send letter back explaining I have already paid [names Gendarme] in cash.
No response.

I have to wonder whether he pocketed it....

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A foursome of ladies was standing on a tee when a streaker ran across the fairway in front of them. One lady asks, "Is that Dick Green?"
Another replied, "No, I think it's just the reflection off the grass."
Old November 14th 11, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Alex Heney

wrote:

[...]

No, you are correct.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...in-france.html
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Old November 15th 11, 02:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

I am not taking any ****ing orders from ****ing you about whatever
****ing thing I will ****ing believe in from whatever ****ing source.

--