Stage 8: Thank You Vino

Old July 10th 05, 12:45 AM
PanFan

Default Stage 8: Thank You Vino

Thanks Vino for agressively attacking Lance today. Without you this TdF
might have turned into yet another Lance Group Ride, which is incredibly
boring to watch.
Old July 10th 05, 01:38 AM
J Jones

"PanFan" wrote in message
Thanks Vino for agressively attacking Lance today. Without you this TdF
might have turned into yet another Lance Group Ride, which is incredibly
boring to watch.

I'm a fan of Lance, but I agree with you - Vino is definitely the most
aggressive attacker thus far, which is definitely good for the tour,
overall. Funny, though, how Jan said in a recent Eurosport.com article
(don't have the link, sorry), that 'they' were going to be attacking Lance
mercilessly, but Jan has yet to attack even remotely close to what Vino has.
I think Vino is clearly the one to watch in the mountains, and next would be
Floyd and Basso. Of course, anything can happen, but Discovery was
non-existent when it really mattered today. That can't bode well for
Lance - I just don't buy the sandbagging theories. Should be interesting,
for sure!
Jeff

Old July 10th 05, 06:36 AM
Richard Adams

PanFan wrote:

Thanks Vino for agressively attacking Lance today. Without you this TdF
might have turned into yet another Lance Group Ride, which is incredibly
boring to watch.

Though he did'nt really contend much today, I expect he will continue
attacking throughout the tour, unlike Jan who seems content to just sit
there and wait for the other guy to crack.

Old July 11th 05, 05:07 AM
sonarrat

J Jones wrote:
"PanFan" wrote in message

[...]

On the other hand, Kloden had shown absolutely -nothing- -all year- ...
right up to that attack. Lance's poker game has been trumped.
Old July 11th 05, 06:01 AM
PanFan

"J Jones" wrote in
:

"PanFan" wrote in message
Thanks Vino for agressively attacking Lance today. Without you this
TdF might have turned into yet another Lance Group Ride, which is
incredibly boring to watch.

I'm a fan of Lance, but I agree with you - Vino is definitely the most
aggressive attacker thus far, which is definitely good for the tour,
overall. Funny, though, how Jan said in a recent Eurosport.com
article (don't have the link, sorry), that 'they' were going to be
attacking Lance mercilessly, but Jan has yet to attack even remotely
close to what Vino has. I think Vino is clearly the one to watch in
the mountains, and next would be Floyd and Basso. Of course, anything
can happen, but Discovery was non-existent when it really mattered
today. That can't bode well for Lance - I just don't buy the
sandbagging theories. Should be interesting, for sure!

I really pulled for Lance last year ("pulled" as in rooting for, not as
in "taking a pull."). Now that Lance has the record, no. 7 is take it or
leave it for me. What I do want to see is a massive battle in the
mountains, Lance vs. the challengers. Like you say, Vino, Landis, Basso
(I'd add Ullrich, Botero, and Julich) are threats because they can climb
and ITT.

I'll root for any rider -- Lance or challenger -- if they ride with
brains and with sheer gut-busting determination. I'm talking blood in the
urine, bile in the mouth, entrails on the pavement. That's what I want to
see. If Lance is going to ride into the sunset, then dang it, make it a
brawl for the ages.
Old July 11th 05, 07:01 AM
Michael Press

In article ,
PanFan wrote:

"J Jones" wrote in
:

"PanFan" wrote in message
[...]

This race is a beaut. Every day another classic. The organizers
did a fabulous job. Announcing retirement raised the stakes. Last
crack at Armstrong for everybody.

--
Michael Press
Old July 11th 05, 01:17 PM
J Jones

"PanFan" wrote in message
"J Jones" wrote in
:

"PanFan" wrote in message
[...]

Couldn't agree more! That's what makes the TDF the greatest!
Jeff

Old July 11th 05, 05:20 PM
Stig Are M. Botterli

On 2005-07-11, sonarrat wrote:

On the other hand, Kloden had shown absolutely -nothing- -all year- ...
right up to that attack.

Not quite. He won a stage in Bayern Rundfahrt.

--
Stig Are M. Botterli

Stage 7 Bob Schwartz Racing 1 July 8th 05 05:24 AM
Stage 6 Bob Schwartz Racing 0 July 7th 05 04:47 AM
The Graciousness Of A Champion hold my beer and watch this... Racing 41 September 4th 03 08:14 PM