Chris Horner is fixin' to kick some ass.

Old October 19th 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dpc

Default Chris Horner is fixin' to kick some ass.

"Mike Jacoubowsky" writes:

The thing about Chris is, you believe it. He's never, ever given us
reason not to. He's one of a kind.

that's why bob would call me a fan :-)

\p

---
Quos dies perdere volunt, primus demens - Euripides
Old October 19th 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article , dpc wrote:

Bob Schwartz writes:

bar wrote:
On Oct 17, 7:16 pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
bar wrote:
On Oct 17, 4:12 pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 17, 1:20 pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
wrote:
Danielson has sex with his teamates wives.
Wives? Plural?
And don't leave out the fookin' possessive apostrophe. It shows you
have some class...or went to one.
there's a big difference between TD and CH ... Horner is often right
there, with a shot to win these things (even if he doesn't) ...
Danielson never even frickin gets close, and is likely just in the
way ... JV needs to keep him in the US for 2010, and journalists just
need to stop writing about him.
12 Christopher Horner (USA) Astana 0:00:08
65 Thomas Danielson (USA) Garmin - Slipstream 0:02:53

There is no difference between 12th and 65th. None at all.

I respectfully disagree. There's a huge difference between finishing
in a group that's really chasing the leaders (within 8 seconds!) and
finishing 3 minutes down in a grupetto. This twisted rbr attitude
that "if you don't win, you suck and are irrelevant" has GOT to stop.

Neither of them "almost won". There is no difference between not
getting close to a win at 8 seconds and not getting close to a win
in a grupetto. Except to the fanboys.

there isn't to the fanboys, but there might be to horner/danielson.

horner seems more realistic about where he is in his career (teammate
guy w/ the occasional green light to go for it) but danielson still sees
himself as team-leader guy.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/horner/20...ombardi_1.html

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez, a Spaniard who rides for Euskaltel-Euskadi,
had just enough to hang on to Gilbert. Vino gave everything he had to
stay ahead but couldn't quite do it. Me? I didn't even get out of the
saddle. I was so cross-eyed from exhaustion then that I would have
ridden off the road if I didn't have a wheel to follow.
And although Astana didn't get Vino that last podium spot, we put on a
good show with him finishing seventh and me 12th, both eight seconds
back.

i may be misreading it (due to stupidity and/or latent fanboy-ness), but
doesn't sound like an excuse for not winning. he didn't have it, he says
so, and he stays on team message.

teh rest of the post is funny if just for passages like

This time, I sat in behind Evans because, as a former teammate, I know
that although he's not the best descender he can hold his own and is
safe.

Well, that was the plan.

Evans went in to the first hard turn way too hot and we barely made it
through. Next thing I knew I was off the back by myself until Ivan
Basso, the Italian Liquigas rider who is the worst descender of us
all, came along and we worked to get back on.

Horner must have been O2 deprived. Listen to this:

"Australian world champion Cadel Evans, stepped in to attack. "

--
Michael Press
Old October 19th 09, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article , dpc wrote:

Bob Schwartz writes:

bar wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You may officially mark me as a Horner fanboy.

--
Michael Press
Old October 19th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

bar wrote:
On Oct 17, 7:49 pm, Susan Walker wrote:
bar wrote:
Beyond that, what about Hoogerland? That kid deserves some props and
is going to be fun to watch in 2010 (if he gets to another team).

Same team.

probably better for him in the long run, really, as he'll get more
chances to ride for himself. i hope the team gets some good
invitations.

I agree. But now there's suddenly talk (by him) that he might not
extend:
http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/650...erlenging.html
Old October 20th 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"dpc" wrote in message
news
"Mike Jacoubowsky" writes:

The thing about Chris is, you believe it. He's never, ever given us
reason not to. He's one of a kind.

that's why bob would call me a fan :-)

\p

That's an honor I have yet to have bestowed upon me. You should be
proud.

(My latest post may push me over his threshold though)

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old October 20th 09, 06:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

This time, I sat in behind Evans because, as a former teammate, I
know
that although he's not the best descender he can hold his own and is
safe.

Well, that was the plan.

Evans went in to the first hard turn way too hot and we barely made
it
through. Next thing I knew I was off the back by myself until Ivan
Basso, the Italian Liquigas rider who is the worst descender of us
all, came along and we worked to get back on.

\p
---

The guy tells it like it is, no matter what. Where else have you heard
that Basso is a terrible descender? One of those things that's obvious
in the peloton but not spoken of elsewhere (to be truthful, could be
common knowledge and I've not paid attention or forgotten). Or that
Evans screwed up and went in "too hot" at the end.

The thing about Chris is, you believe it. He's never, ever given us
reason not to. He's one of a kind.

Agree except for "one of a kind." I remember some cycling diaries
by Frankie Andreu that were vivid and close to the action.

--
Michael Press
Old October 21st 09, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

wrote:

Danielson has sex with his teamates wives.

Wives? *Plural?

And don't leave out the fookin' possessive apostrophe. *It shows you
have some class...or went to one.

there's a big difference between TD and CH ... Horner is often right
there, with a shot to win these things (even if he doesn't) ...
Danielson never even frickin gets close, and is likely just in the
way ... JV needs to keep him in the US for 2010, and journalists just
need to stop writing about him.

But the problem is that the US races involve too much speed and
jostling for TD. He should stick to hillclimbs.
Old October 21st 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 01:49:15 +0200, Susan Walker
wrote:

bar wrote:
Beyond that, what about Hoogerland? That kid deserves some props and
is going to be fun to watch in 2010 (if he gets to another team).

Same team. He rode with "Per te VDB" (For you VDB) written on his
undershirt today.

is Vancansoleil stepping up a little higher next year? With Hoogerland
and that guy who's name begins with B who I can't remember, they seem
reallly good.

Old October 21st 09, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:27:42 -0500, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

bar wrote:
wrote:
Danielson has sex with his teamates wives.
Wives? Plural?
And don't leave out the fookin' possessive apostrophe. It shows you
have some class...or went to one.
there's a big difference between TD and CH ... Horner is often right
there, with a shot to win these things (even if he doesn't) ...
Danielson never even frickin gets close, and is likely just in the
way ... JV needs to keep him in the US for 2010, and journalists just
need to stop writing about him.
12 Christopher Horner (USA) Astana 0:00:08
65 Thomas Danielson (USA) Garmin - Slipstream 0:02:53
Dude,

There is no difference between 12th and 65th. None at all.

Bob Schwartz

I respectfully disagree. There's a huge difference between finishing
in a group that's really chasing the leaders (within 8 seconds!) and
finishing 3 minutes down in a grupetto. This twisted rbr attitude
that "if you don't win, you suck and are irrelevant" has GOT to stop.

Fanboy,

Neither of them "almost won". There is no difference between not
getting close to a win at 8 seconds and not getting close to a win
in a grupetto. Except to the fanboys.

One is a player, the other is packfill.

Big difference.
Old October 21st 09, 11:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
is Vancansoleil stepping up a little higher next year? With Hoogerland
and that guy who's name begins with B who I can't remember, they seem
reallly good.

They remain Pro Conti, like Cervélo. However, the Feillu brothers are
in, so that increases the team's chances of getting invited to the Tour.
More so if Hoogerland accomplishes his next goal which is to ride a good
Ardennes spring.

Bozic the sprinter, I think you mean. Good transfer overview he
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen....asp?year=2010

A new Chris Horner fan Ted van de Weteringe Racing 9 July 14th 08 03:55 PM
Chris Horner and Astana Tom Kunich Racing 5 February 26th 08 06:08 AM
Chris Horner? cwr Racing 3 November 8th 07 11:45 PM
Chris Horner [email protected] Racing 0 April 18th 07 03:06 PM
Chris Horner Tom Kunich Racing 10 July 24th 05 07:10 AM