Cyclist at war!

Old October 27th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

Default Cyclist at war!

In article ,
KingOfTheApes writes:
On Oct 19, 11:20*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

On Oct 17, 9:29*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Tim McNamara writes:

Then why do I keep meeting smarter people riding bicycles than riding
motorcycles?

Because we bicyclists have to read the minds of the
motor vehicle operators around us. *We often
have to do their thinking for them. *We know what
they're gonna do before they know what they're
gonna do. *Because what they're gonna do is gonna
be the most detrimental thing to us if we aren't
heads-up about their brainless movements.

And besides, bicycles are often a more intelligent
choice of vehicle.
You contradict your claim to being smart when you refuse to bring here
the bike facilities that work elsewhere.

Streets & roads /are/ bike facilities.

But it ain't so much that you
are stupid, it's simply that you are elitist and are selfish as
such...

And yet I'm not out to plant fear into the minds of people,
while you /are/!

I quote here from someone who have figured out that your kind should
shut up and mind your own business..
"First thing I would do would be to purge snobbish/elitist advocates
from leadership or policy making positions at any publicly funded
bicycling advocacy/educational organization; i.e. the clubby
enthusiast type who believes cycling skill (or advocacy goals) is
defined by being a racer (like himself) or a cyclist (like himself)
who moves consistently at speeds greater than 12mph."
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=1#post7688868

My "kind," eh?

Strike one.

Snobbish/elitist advocate, eh?

Strike two.

Shall we go on to your strike 85?

You're evilly anti-human, and I'm
calling you on it. *You hate bicycling
because it gets in your way as a driver,
and it sticks in your throat like a fishbone.
You're not out to promote bicycling; you're
out to restrict it.

"By their fruits shall ye know them."

Your fruits are distasteful and highly,
bitterly spit-out-able.

And you are despicable for it.

It is /you/ who is not only the elitist snob,
but the greedy pig doing everything you can to
force everybody else out of your way as you
muscle into what you perceive as the free-for-all
traffic trough in which you believe non-drivers
don't belong.

I don't hate you. *I don't pity you. *It's not mine
to harbour either of those sentiments. *I just work
around you, you odious obstacle.

Just as you work against people.

No fear.

You're replete with fear and with fearmongering.

I'm stating it's a jungle,

which is such an haywire perspective.

so you get ready for it
accordingly. Some people drive SUVs in it rule and be reckless, others
ride bike with a gun, and other ride bikes trusting other people who
otherwise give a ****, be concerned about you.
Good luck in the jungle, man.

What exasperation f'ing jungle!?

By the way, the fruit to be judged by is a banana.

The fruit to be judged by is that which we produce.
All you produce is Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt.

You have nothing positive to offer. But you sure
have a lot of negative to offer. You are truly
evil, and I'm calling you on it.

What's wrong with
giving a banana (finger) to the whole damn system?

For one thing, it's childishly silly. For another
thing, it doesn't accomplish anything. For another
thing, it's hypocritical to dis The (Democratic)
System before applying it.

And if things don't go your way and people don't
agree with you, Chancellor Baboon, consider there's
a good reason for it.

Go sit on yer stoopid banana, and think about what
a destructive fool you have exhibited yourself to be,
and have made yourself known to others.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old October 27th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Vito

"Tom Keats" wrote
All you produce is Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt.

And that's bad why? AFAIK one either produces Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt or
one is victimized by it.

Old October 27th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 25, 2:48 am, GeneralissimoApe****
wrote:
How the **** would you know what it feels like to do something sane?

Just do the sane things like riding a bike, or even a motorcycle, and
you'll be all right.

Voting Republican though would be insane.
Old October 28th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Vito wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote
All you produce is Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt.

And that's bad why? AFAIK one either produces Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt or
one is victimized by it.

The zero-sum attitude is part of what is seriously wrong with human
"civilization".

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old October 28th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Bob Myers

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Vito wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote
All you produce is Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt.

And that's bad why? AFAIK one either produces Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt
or one is victimized by it.

The zero-sum attitude is part of what is seriously wrong with human
"civilization".

Only some examples of it. Remember Gandhi's response
when asked for his opinion re "Western civilization"?

Bob M.

Old October 28th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article om,
"Vito" writes:
"Tom Keats" wrote
All you produce is Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt.

And that's bad why?

Why is /any/ antisocial propaganda bull**** bad?

AFAIK one either produces Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt or
one is victimized by it.

sigh

Yeah. Except for those who can see FUD for the bull****
razmatazz it is. So it's not the simple-minded, either/or,
binary thing you portray it to be.

Old October 28th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bob Myers wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Vito wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote
All you produce is Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt.

And that's bad why? AFAIK one either produces Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt
or one is victimized by it.

The zero-sum attitude is part of what is seriously wrong with human
"civilization".

Only some examples of it. Remember Gandhi's response
when asked for his opinion re "Western civilization"?

Yes, it would indeed by a good idea.

Old October 28th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Vito

"Tom Keats" wrote
AFAIK one either produces Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt or
one is victimized by it.

sigh

Yeah. Except for those who can see FUD for the bull****
razmatazz it is. So it's not the simple-minded, either/or,
binary thing you portray it to be.

They showed such a man on a true TV crime show. A criminal had been breaking
into couples' homes, tying up the man then brutally raping the woman right
in front of him. It got so bad they held a neighborhood meeting. One
attendee who could see through the FUD and wondered how a man could let such
a thing happen. The next night he found out.

Old October 28th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 27, 10:13 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Jym Dyer writes:

"Bicycle lane" promoters are either misguided or
anti-cyclist.
=v= That statement represents an ideology, not a consensus.
Many "real" bicyclists quite reasonable hold other opinions.

I don't mind intelligently-applied bike lanes that solve
localized problems such as poor sightlines. In fact I
rather appreciate them.

Separate but equal is never equal. Motorists need to accommodate
cyclists on the proper roads, or be banned from driving.

Do you think we will ever find THE SOLUTION before we finally trash
the planet?

At this rate it will take us one century to find the solution, and
another to do something about it.

It's either BIKE LANES or TRAFFIC TAMING, stupid!
Old October 28th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 28, 11:12*am, "Vito" wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote AFAIK one either produces Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt or
one is victimized by it.

sigh

Yeah. *Except for those who can see FUD for the bull****
razmatazz it is. *So it's not the simple-minded, either/or,
binary thing you portray it to be.

They showed such a man on a true TV crime show. A criminal had been breaking
into couples' homes, tying up the man then brutally raping the woman right
in front of him. *It got so bad they held a neighborhood meeting. *One
attendee who could see through the FUD and wondered how a man could let such
a thing happen. *The next night he found out.

You have to walk a fine line between living in fear and becoming a
couch potato, and being stupid and riding a bike among reckless
drivers.

I don't think the 6o'clock news is the real world, but neither is to
ignore what's going on in the jungle, and bike happily as if you were
in Holland.