The LBS got my money again!

Old March 12th 05, 10:48 PM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:22:27 -0500,
,
speaking of saddles, jj wrote, in part:

I'm not sure this is true for everyone. I think some people just like
riding, and don't turn it into a "I gotta be faster, stronger, better"
all-consuming activity.

I was careful to say if you keep riding and improving. IOW, I'm trying to
shed some light on what I've found to be the natural evolution - mainly
'light on the bike'.

Make you a bet. You go out and ride like I've described, light on the bike,
take all your hills by keeping light on the handlebars, shift your weight
forwards, center the weight over your pedals, almost like you are standing
but still -just- remaining seated. Come back after a week of trying this
and I bet you are a convert. Don't even try to go faster. ;-)

I was always a roadie rat so when I finally got a fat-tire bike I
still ride it light. But found a sprung saddle looks cool on this
bike. The ride is amazingly comfortable for those times you can't get
airborne because of the loaded rack and pannier.
--
zk
Old March 12th 05, 10:54 PM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:42:56 -0500, ,
"Ken Marcet" wrote:

Well I can see your point if you are really pushing hard, but I use this
bike mostly for around town commuting. And I find for this I prefer a more
upright type position. Perhaps like you say if I get more advanced I will
want to upgrade my saddle again. But for now the saddle I bought seems like
it will be fine.

Sprung saddles are generally a lighter weight, less expensive and more
reliable comfort option than are "suspension seat-posts". The cheap
posts tend to break and then wiggle from side to side.

My joe-bke runs the cheap Brooks Champion Flyer. No complaints except
sometimes, like cheap shoes, it squeaks a little.
--
zk
Old March 13th 05, 12:53 AM
Jeff Starr

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:20:35 -0500, jj wrote:

Plastic could deform, or give and I don't want my saddle to do either
unless we're talking leather saddles.

jj, what kind of saddle do you ride?

Both Terry's that I bought [and resold], Selle Italia Prolinks, and
various other saddles, had some type of plastic inner body. The rails
are all metal, I wouldn't want plastic rails, but the only saddles
with metal bottoms, that I have seen, were cheap and uncomfortable.
Leather saddles of the Brooks style, of course, don't have any inner
bottom, but most others do.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old March 13th 05, 02:12 AM
jj

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:53:12 GMT, Jeff Starr wrote:

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:20:35 -0500, jj wrote:

Plastic could deform, or give and I don't want my saddle to do either
unless we're talking leather saddles.

jj, what kind of saddle do you ride?

Both Terry's that I bought [and resold], Selle Italia Prolinks, and
various other saddles, had some type of plastic inner body. The rails
are all metal, I wouldn't want plastic rails, but the only saddles
with metal bottoms, that I have seen, were cheap and uncomfortable.
Leather saddles of the Brooks style, of course, don't have any inner
bottom, but most others do.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Well, I guess I thought he meant all (cheap) plastic or something. I've got
the stock saddle that came with the Trek. So you're probably right, metal
rails and plastic inner body, I dunno. Sorry 'bout that.

jj

Old March 13th 05, 07:38 AM
maxo

jj wrote:

Springs? You've got to be kidding!

Cough,

http://photos1.flickr.com/2634911_5897979186.jpg

my daily ride...

DOINGGG!

Ahhhh!
Old March 13th 05, 07:53 AM
Zoot Katz

Sun, 13 Mar 2005 07:38:21 GMT,
. net, maxo
wrote:

Springs? You've got to be kidding!

Cough,

http://photos1.flickr.com/2634911_5897979186.jpg

my daily ride...

and mine
http://mypage.direct.ca/i/imnot/Norco.html
--
zk
Old March 13th 05, 11:16 AM
Ken Marcet

"jj" wrote in message
[...]

Well I wouldn't want plastic rails either! I don't think any company would
even make such a thing. The saddle I just bought has steel rails, and
plastic shell on the underside.

Ken

Old March 13th 05, 11:18 AM
Ken Marcet

"maxo" wrote in message
ink.net...
jj wrote:

Springs? You've got to be kidding!

Cough,

http://photos1.flickr.com/2634911_5897979186.jpg

my daily ride...

DOINGGG!

Ahhhh!

Hey them are some nice looking springs you got there!

Ken

Old March 13th 05, 03:42 PM
Claire Petersky

"Ken Marcet" wrote in message
Well I can see your point if you are really pushing hard, but I use this
bike mostly for around town commuting. And I find for this I prefer a more
upright type position.

I hear you. I have a sprung saddle on my mountain bike, and it is the
perfect saddle for that bike. I have ridden a back-to-back century on that
bike with that seat, and I can testify. Yes, you don't move fast in that
upright position on a heavy bike, but it sure is comfy. Fast isn't
everything.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
See the books I've set free at:

ONLY POSTED TO A HUNDRED SITES AND I HAVE RECEIVED IN LESS THAN 2 WKS [email protected] General 0 January 16th 05 04:51 AM
MAKE A LOT OF MONEY, FAST & EASY [email protected] General 0 December 29th 04 09:06 AM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Marketplace 0 July 25th 03 09:39 PM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Marketplace 0 July 25th 03 09:38 PM