kh24 arrives; happiest day of my life

Old June 25th 04, 10:51 PM
tennisgh22

Default kh24 arrives; happiest day of my life

AHHH after 3 or 4 months uni-less i now have my kh24. I just took it to
the LBS just to make sure everything was tightened and stuff. Its a
DREAM! the seat is sooo nice compared to my old savage, the wheel (24x3
duro leopard) is a BEAST and overall is just looks so burly. I love it.
The torque im getting with the 170mm cranks is rediculous. There are
probably a bunch of other people receiving their kh's around now, feel
free to rant like I just did if yours arrives. Im not really experienced
enough to write a thoughtful review, and Im not sure i really have
anything to say that hasn't already been covered in previous review. I'd
take some pics but i dont have a digital camera.

It looks as tho I might be spending a -lot- of time with this new
friend of mine. I can't remember who but somebody made a good analogy
for me. Going from a 16 inch savage to a kh24 is like going from a VW
Bug to a Hummer. I couldn't agree more. Please excuse me while i go ride
it some more.

-grant

--
tennisgh22 - When will my kh24 come?!?!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old June 25th 04, 10:57 PM
daino149

Conratulations!

It's time to go and tame that beast!

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.06.14
Giraffe
Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
on the right"
Sig count: 2

04.05.23 11214
04.05.25 11284
04.05.26 11329

Old June 25th 04, 11:29 PM
darchibald

I remember you saying it has been coming for a while. Congratulations.
Have fun. Where was it being shipped to and from?

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 4.6

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old June 25th 04, 11:44 PM
Worminton

darchibald wrote:
*I remember you saying it has been coming for a while.
Congratulations. Have fun. Where was it being shipped to and from?

David *

Yeah next time remember to check that little thing that says USA when
you go to unicycle.com next time. Stuff will definately come quicker

--
Worminton - Owner of a new Chromatic Harmonica

Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
my African American Brother."

The Queen City Harmonica Club is looking for gigs.
Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568

Old June 26th 04, 12:19 AM
onefiftyfour

tennisgh22 wrote:
* I can't remember who but somebody made a good analogy for me. Going
from a 16 inch savage to a kh24 is like going from a VW Bug to a
Hummer. I couldn't agree more. *

Hey, that was me! I'm glad you finally received it. Have fun.

When I finally make it back to Maryland to visit my folks, I'll try to
hook-up with you.

-Eric

--
onefiftyfour - Eric
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

Old June 26th 04, 12:44 AM
doofe

Im glad the thing finally came! you have been waiting forever. did you
order it from unicycle.com? I hope you did. Im gonna get me one of those
pretty soon. youre gonna have a heck of a time gettin used to that thing
if you havent ridden for 3 or 4 months, and your last uni was a 16 inch.
oh well, at least you are enjoying it!! dont hurt yourself TOO much!

--
doofe - I put the "F U!" in FUn!

Death Metal + Punk + Hardcore + Funky facial hair + One wheel = Doofe
doofe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4335

Old June 26th 04, 05:14 AM
andrew_carter

Excellent! Those 3-4 months must have been horrible. Have fun on it,
and please take some photos when you get the chance. Does it have one
of those fancy new KH hub and crank sets I've heard about?

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Quit jivin' me, turkey!

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

Old June 27th 04, 05:52 AM
chirokid

Congrat Grant, we are all happy for you. --chirokid--

--
chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

"Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
quote by Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old June 27th 04, 07:16 AM
xtremeskier_

Congrats Grant!!!! Just one more week for me. If you ever get off that
thing, tell us more about its sheer awesomeness. I am soooo stoked about
this its unbelievable.

--
xtremeskier_ - Logan Altier
xtremeskier_'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4291

Old June 28th 04, 02:27 AM
Murde Mental

My happy day should be tomorrow according to the ups tracking device
thing...

I'm kinda sad that I missed my kh 24 by a few hours right before my muni
weekend.... It was sitting a few minutes away from my house but I
couldn't get to it because of customs...

Anyways....

tomorrow it will come, tomorrow it will come!
High-high, hippy-ho
Tomorrow it will come!

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

"Cyclists of the world unite!
You have nothing to lose but your other wheel!"

~Owen Kirby

Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463