Lighting

Old March 27th 07, 01:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

Default Lighting

On Mar 27, 9:07 am, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
Brendo wrote:
* Not sure about the rest of the country, but in WA the best way to
bogan up you ute is to stick four HUGE spotties across the roof,

They don't even need to be wired up.

whack on a VHF antenna,

Four is a good number. One antenna has no cred at all.

foglights on the roof, that's the prize. Of course, when it's
actually foggy, they don't work ....

Old March 27th 07, 01:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 26, 11:14 pm, Friday wrote:
Brendo wrote:
Don't forget the big belt buckle on your nicks.

... denim-look knicks and flanny jersey

Old March 27th 07, 01:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Mar 27, 8:10 am, "Donga" wrote:
On Mar 26, 11:14 pm, Friday wrote: Brendo wrote:
Don't forget the big belt buckle on your nicks.

... denim-look knicks and flanny jersey

I've seen the flanno lookalike jersey, but any links to the denim look
knicks?

Brendo

Old March 27th 07, 01:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Mar 27, 7:07 am, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
Brendo wrote:
* Not sure about the rest of the country, but in WA the best way to
bogan up you ute is to stick four HUGE spotties across the roof,

They don't even need to be wired up.

whack on a VHF antenna,

Four is a good number. One antenna has no cred at all.

Theo

I must have been looking at the wanna be bogans. Where do I find the
REAL ones?

Brendo

Old March 27th 07, 01:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Mar 26, 9:14 pm, Friday wrote:
Brendo wrote:
On Mar 26, 4:24 pm, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on 25 Mar 2007 23:36:05 -0700

Brendo wrote:
I am thinking of doing some around the block type riding at night
rather than sitting on the trainer. It won't be on any major roadways,
mostly just the local neighbourhood, and street lighting will be in
place. On eBay there are 100 different LED light sets, but I am
assuming that there are mostly crud. If they werew any good, they
would sell for more than $6.95.
I found that the 5 LED front lights were very good, and any of the
flashing rear ones ditto.

You will often find them sold together for not much.

Or check torpedo7.com.au they have a light set on special for 20 bucks
that looks good.

Zebee

Looks very good. I will check with a couple of LBS to see what they
have in stock, but unless you are looking to 'Bogan'* up your bike
with huge spotlights, this could be much cheaper than I thought.

Brendo

* Not sure about the rest of the country, but in WA the best way to
bogan up you ute is to stick four HUGE spotties across the roof, whack
on a VHF antenna, and slap on a Bundy Rum, Ocean Beach Hotel, or RMW
sticker (or to reach Grand Bogan status, all of the above).

Brendo I think you need to fight back by building a bogon bike.
Four HID lights across the 'bars, a few red flags sticking out the side,
a couple of mirrors and some Bundy stickers and you'll be in with the
crowd! Don't forget the big belt buckle on your nicks.

Friday- Hide quoted text -

I don't know if belt buckles are the go. I can wear a silly hat,
though, and mount my cleats to some Blundstones. Add a pair of acid
wash full length knicks and I'm set!

Brendo

Old March 27th 07, 01:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Brendo wrote:
"Theo Bekkers" wrote:
Brendo wrote:
* Not sure about the rest of the country, but in WA the best way to
bogan up you ute is to stick four HUGE spotties across the roof,

They don't even need to be wired up.

whack on a VHF antenna,

Four is a good number. One antenna has no cred at all.

I must have been looking at the wanna be bogans. Where do I find the
REAL ones?

Out here in Lower Chittering. Three brothers, all had their licences for
only a few years, boganning up their utes to try and outdo each other.
You only need one mudflap if it goes all the way across the back and it just
has to say "CAT POWER" on it. A three meter aerial on each corner (and a
tiny one for the radio). I knew their mother when she was 13 (not in the
biblical sense).

Theo

Old March 27th 07, 01:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Brendo wrote:

I don't know if belt buckles are the go. I can wear a silly hat,
though, and mount my cleats to some Blundstones. Add a pair of acid
wash full length knicks and I'm set!

Checks collection of belt buckles, one with Aus flag logo, sees two pairs of
blundstones, several wide-brimmed hats. Hmmm, better shut up.

Theo

Old March 27th 07, 01:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bugbear

Brendo wrote:
[...]

But where are you going to put the giant bulls head window sticker?

Old March 27th 07, 07:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Friday wrote:

Brendo I think you need to fight back by building a bogon bike.
Four HID lights across the 'bars,

Hey, I had something similar, but they were on the front of the rack and
only halogens.
1 x 50W high beam
1 x 20W low beam
and 2x 20w slightly offset to wide beam for bush tracks.

Don't forget the big belt buckle on your nicks.

But then you have to wear an aukubra and you know what that means.
Old March 27th 07, 08:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_80_]

Bugbear Wrote:

But where are you going to put the giant bulls head window sticker?

Or carry the spare cans of Dark & Stormy?

--
cfsmtb

More lighting Simon Cooper Techniques 9 February 17th 06 08:17 PM
Lighting (again) What to do? Lab BT UK 26 June 22nd 05 06:11 PM
Lighting bar? John Hearns UK 17 March 30th 05 10:34 PM
Lighting Joss Winn Techniques 54 October 27th 04 11:21 PM
lighting John Croke Mountain Biking 2 June 30th 04 10:41 PM