2005 Klein q-pro xv w/ campy centaur

Old November 25th 04, 01:08 AM
Evan Evans

Default 2005 Klein q-pro xv w/ campy centaur

I have checked in with all my local Klein dealers in the Atlanta area.
I was hoping to test ride the xv. All say this bike will be a special
order item only. Has anyone seen one of these in the showroom?
http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/road_bi..._xv/index.html
Old November 25th 04, 03:18 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

On 24 Nov 2004 17:08:26 -0800,
(Evan
Evans) wrote:

I have checked in with all my local Klein dealers in the Atlanta
area. I was hoping to test ride the xv. All say this bike will be a
special order item only. Has anyone seen one of these in the
showroom?
http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/road_bi..._xv/index.html

Dear Evan,

Any idea what the "power triangle" is that Klein mentions?

Dear Carl,

As a happy owner of an '03 Klein Q-carbon Team, I can state unequivocally:
mine doesn't have it.

Considering doing (my first) (solo) (not terribly hilly) century tomorrow,

Bill "undecided" S.

Old November 25th 04, 03:31 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:

Considering doing (my first) (solo) (not terribly hilly) century
tomorrow,

Bill "undecided" S.

And then I get an e-mail with this:

"He who would go a hundred miles should consider ninety-nine as halfway."
-- Japanese Proverb

No way!!!

Old November 25th 04, 07:14 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

I have checked in with all my local Klein dealers in the Atlanta area.
I was hoping to test ride the xv. All say this bike will be a special
order item only. Has anyone seen one of these in the showroom?
http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/road_bi..._xv/index.html

My guess is that dealers in your area get nervous about carrying much
inventory through the winter. But...

You'd have a very tough time finding somebody who has that bike right now,
no matter where you live, as its first production run is about a month away,
if I recall correctly! So, for at least a little while, I'd cut them a bit
of slack.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old November 25th 04, 12:16 PM
Evan Evans

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message .com...
I have checked in with all my local Klein dealers in the Atlanta area.
I was hoping to test ride the xv. All say this bike will be a special
order item only. Has anyone seen one of these in the showroom?
http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/road_bi..._xv/index.html

My guess is that dealers in your area get nervous about carrying much
inventory through the winter. But...

You'd have a very tough time finding somebody who has that bike right now,
no matter where you live, as its first production run is about a month away,
if I recall correctly! So, for at least a little while, I'd cut them a bit
of slack.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Thanks for the info! My last Campy bike is about 20 years old. I think
its time for a new one.
Old November 25th 04, 05:25 PM
John Dacey

"Minimum decet libere cui multum licet." - Seneca
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:29:41 -0700, wrote:

http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/road_bi..._xv/index.html

Dear Evan,

Any idea what the "power triangle" is that Klein mentions?

An amplified percussion instrument found in all-electronic symphony
orchestras? Klein must use it in lieu of a warning bell or horn.

The power triangle is the only instrument for which there is no known
dedicated concerto from Antonio Vivaldi.
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Comprehensive catalogue of track equipment: online since 1996.
http://www.businesscycles.com
Old November 26th 04, 02:51 AM

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:25:22 -0500, John Dacey
wrote:

"Minimum decet libere cui multum licet." - Seneca
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:29:41 -0700, wrote:

http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/road_bi..._xv/index.html

Dear Evan,

Any idea what the "power triangle" is that Klein mentions?

An amplified percussion instrument found in all-electronic symphony
orchestras? Klein must use it in lieu of a warning bell or horn.

The power triangle is the only instrument for which there is no known
dedicated concerto from Antonio Vivaldi.
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Comprehensive catalogue of track equipment: online since 1996.
http://www.businesscycles.com

Dear John,

According to the forthcoming super-colossal motion picture
detailing the life of Vivaldi . . .

http://www.themovieinsider.com/movies/mid/2076/Vivaldi

.. . . it was not a romantic triangle, but a forbidden
romance with his pupil Anna Maria.

Judging by this non-biographical nonsense, I expect that
"Vivaldi" will rival the accuracy of "Shakespeare in Love."

Possibly "Vivaldi" will be a silent film, that being the
most obvious method of doing justice to the guiding
principles of its presumable producer, Jacob Z.
Schnellenhamer, president of Perfecto-Zizzbaum Corporation,
who might have heard "The Four Seasons" during an early
draft of Wodehouse's "The Rise of Minna Nordstrom."

If not silent, the film may backdate (as opposed to update)
the bicycle scene from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"
in which Newman pedals Katharine Ross around a farmyard to a
sprightly tune, changing the bicycle to a Venetian gondola,
Butch to Antonio, Etta Place to Anna Maria, and "Raindrops
Keep Falling On My Head" to RV 151 "Alla rustica".

Mr. Mulliner
Old November 26th 04, 06:35 PM
dianne_1234

wrote in message . ..
On 24 Nov 2004 17:08:26 -0800,
(Evan
Evans) wrote:

I have checked in with all my local Klein dealers in the Atlanta area.
I was hoping to test ride the xv. All say this bike will be a special
order item only. Has anyone seen one of these in the showroom?
http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/road_bi..._xv/index.html

Dear Evan,

Any idea what the "power triangle" is that Klein mentions?

Carl Fogel

Sounds like the frame's front triangle (and chainstays) may use Klein
Power Tubing or Klein Gradient Tubing. I seem to recall Power Tubing
has to do with the stiffer oversized aluminum tubing Klein uses.
Gradient may refer to the shaped tubes.
See
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ower+tubing%22