How to **** Off an Arrogant Pedalcyclist

Old May 16th 05, 03:24 AM
Joe Canuck

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
On Sun, 15 May 2005 11:47:28 -0400, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Although I currently do not own a vehicle, my next one will be a Hummer.
I plan on running over slow drivers like you.

What's a Hummer's top speed? I heard it was something like 85 MPH,
probably due both to mass and wind resistance from the brick-like
shape.

You'd never catch me.

Ah, but mine is going to be a custom Hummer.

Prepare to be flattened.
Old May 16th 05, 03:30 AM
Zoot Katz

Sun, 15 May 2005 18:59:20 -0700,
, Scott en Aztlán
dribbled and dripped:

It might if we knew what you mean when you use the term. AFAIK, a
"scud" is a very poorly made Russion missile

With a range, lethality, faulty guidance system and payload about
equal to your beloved ****wagons.
--
zk
Old May 16th 05, 04:15 AM
Bob

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
Rule #1: Don't be disingenuous.

Everybody has pet peeves. Don't make me out to be some kind of

monster
because I talk about mine. Andy Rooney does it every week and rakes

in
big bucks.

If you wish to emulate Andy Rooney you should adopt a new Rule #1. One
that comes immediately to mind is-
"Try to be at least mildly entertaining. If you are the only one
laughing the odds aren't that your audience is slow to get the joke.
More likely, the joke simply wasn't funny."=20

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old May 16th 05, 04:51 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote in message

It might if we knew what you mean when you use the term.

Scottie doesn't know much.

Old May 16th 05, 05:06 AM
Rich Clark

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote in message
On 15 May 2005 23:03:11 GMT, Jim Yanik . wrote:

But it's somehow OK to have a slow bicycle among faster moving autos

If the pedalcyclists would only stay in their bike lanes, there
wouldn't BE any slow bicycles traffic among faster moving autos.

Most roads do not have bike lanes. Bicyclists should not base their habits
on the assumption there will be one, and car/bike interactions are governed
by laws that presume the sharing of lanes.

RichC

Old May 16th 05, 06:49 AM
Scott Ehardt

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:57:51 GMT, "Scott Ehardt"
wrote:

Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to say things like, "use the
bike lane, ****head"?

What would you have said to someone so obnoxious? Being nice to these
people just doesn't penetrate.

I'm not claiming to be perfect or anything (I'm not by far), but I've found
that the more positive you can be in a situation, the more likely you are to
get a good response. Is your ultimate goal to let the biker know you're mad
at him (you did a good job of that) or to convince him to ride in the bike
lane?

--
Scott Ehardt
http://www.scehardt.com

Old May 16th 05, 06:55 AM
GaryG

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 11:25:38 -0400, Joe Canuck
wrote:

If not, then what, exactly, do you find objectionable about my
web site? I only hate what every reasonable person hates: people who

It is a negative site, with little to nothing to offer in a positive way.

Some people find it amusing, as it reflects their own pet peeves. I
suppose those from the "just let them do it" crowd might not
understand this, however.

FWIW, I don't like people who park intentionally in multiple parking spaces
(I keep a little container of baby shampoo in my car that I occasionally
apply to their windshields in protest). But, there's a large leap between
not liking something and embracing you inner curmudgeon with a dumbass
little website devoted to the things you "hate".

GG

--
Life is short - drive fast!
http://www.geocities.com/scottenaztlan/

Old May 16th 05, 07:51 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Scott en Aztlán writes:

People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
bad name.

No they don't. No more than drunk drivers give courteous,
law-abiding drivers a bad name (which they don't, either.)

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old May 16th 05, 02:55 PM
Lady Veteran

On Mon, 16 May 2005 04:04:00 GMT, Arif Khokar
wrote:

Lady Veteran wrote:

If you are reading this in a group that is not
soc.support.fat-acceptance, soc.singles or soc.women,
it means the idiot who started this thread posted
in your group as well as mine and I flamed his ass.

No, the thread was originally only posted in rec.autos.driving and
rec.bicycles.misc. Some troll by the name of Corinne Boswell
cross-posted the existing thread into
soc.aupport.fat-acceptance, misc.health.diabetes, and
alt.support.sleep-disorder. If anyone is to be flamed, it's
Corinne.

Follow-ups set back to original group distribution.

Oh, and BTW dumb****, a real SHA-1 hash looks like the following:

0bf35035573bcad9ff731954654bf776aacd9704

which is the SHA-1 hash of the text I typed above.

Look, Mr. ****-a-duck, I don't give a damn about the "original Hash".
I do give a damn about idiots like boswell here posting into SSFA
where the regulars keep to themselves and every dickhead in the world
feels they have a right to disrespect.

That paragraph was intended for him, but if it hits home with you,
read it, learn it, live it.

LV

I rode a tank and held a General's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank

- - - - Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
- ----------------------------------------
Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held its ground.

- - -unknown
- ----------------------------------------
Yes, I have let myself go...Now I'm Free!!!

- - - unknown
- ----------------------------------------
If you are reading this in a group that is not
soc.support.fat-acceptance, soc.singles or soc.women,
it means the idiot who started this thread posted
in your group as well as mine and I flamed his ass.
I consider the idiots I flame a waste of humanity
and deserving of all of the ill treatment I can
hand them. If you don't like it, remove the groups
I use from your reply and you won't hear from me.
- ----------------------------------------

Old May 16th 05, 02:55 PM
Roy Owen

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2005 05:49:14 GMT, "Scott Ehardt"
wrote:

Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to say things like, "use the
bike lane, ****head"?

What would you have said to someone so obnoxious? Being nice to these
people just doesn't penetrate.

I'm not claiming to be perfect or anything (I'm not by far), but I've found
that the more positive you can be in a situation, the more likely you are to
get a good response. Is your ultimate goal to let the biker know you're mad
at him (you did a good job of that) or to convince him to ride in the bike
lane?

The reason people like this do the things they know are wrong is
because there are no negative consequences. Being "considerate" and
"just letting him do it" is what reinforces and perpetulates this bad
behavior.

OTOH, if every pedestrian to whom he failed to yield were to respond
by calling him a ****head, he'd quickly change his bad behavior.

Or maybe he'd just start packing a 9mm and blow people away.